Pro Hair Labs Ultra Safe vs Alcohol

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do I had emailed Pro Hair to ensure that I had a legitimate ghostbond product after reading several reviews of fake products. I have never got a good bond at my hairline with the Ghostbond Platinum so I wanted to make sure it was not because of that. In their response they asked me what I use to clean my scalp and I told them 99% alcohol and this was their response. Anyone want chime in? It actually makes complete sense to me as before I got into the hair scene I would read reviews about skincare for my face and had seen the same thing many times. By the way, their customer service is excellent. They are very quick at responding and legitimately seem interested in ensuring proper usage of their products. Here is the email:

We would always advise to avoid the use of Alcohol or Citrus based products during the cleaning process and in particular on the scalp.
These products dehydrate the scalp, when this happens the Sebaceous glands are triggered naturally so as to rehydrate the scalp, when this happens after the adhesive and unit has been applied an oil barrier is formed between the scalp and the unit and this will cause the unit to lift.
We recommend using Ultra-Safe which is a natural product on the scalp area only and for the unit we recommend GhostBuster.

Noah

Reaction score
It could be a valuable insight, or they could just be trying to push their proprietary products. I would keep an open mind about it. I personally have been using isopropyl alcohol for years without any problem, but I agree what they say seems to make sense. I remember when I had a full head of hair that if I shampooed it too often it made my hair greasy, which sounds like the same counterintuitive effect. Try their products and see if they solve your problem. If you feel it does make a positive difference (or if you don't, for that matter), please report back to the forum.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really sure. This is all I can find.

“Contains no harsh chemicals, toxins, citrus acids or alcohols”

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have used ultra safe. It seems to be formulated to work better with white glues. Probably don't work well on acrylic stuff.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Not really sure. This is all I can find.

“Contains no harsh chemicals, toxins, citrus acids or alcohols”
Sounds a lot like just rivarly because of the specific mentioning of citrus.