prince William

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you he could have maintained what he had a few years ago if he had continuously incorporated something like the big 3?

Just asking because I'm about to start those and I'm about 2 or three years behind him in hair loss. I just want to maintain it.

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
I think it's all pretty amusing how you guys still have a pretend Prince, King, and queen ect. They still want to pretend it's the feudal era, and play king that's just funny to me. I don't understand why everyone takes it so seriously, him getting married and all.

Oddly enough, most British people aren't particular interested in the royals. They're mainly used for tourism and promotion. I think people outside of the UK are more interested, especially America where many people seem to have a fascination with them.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
^^The UK is a constitutional monarchy, as are Australia, New Zealand, Canada and others. The Queen is the head of state but exerts no political power/sway.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh definitely..it's all over the news here too, it is silly. I guess the general public finds the whole 'royal family' thing interesting.

GeminiX

Reaction score
During a recent visit to the states an American asked me if I thought I would be better off living in a democracy and not governed by a hereditary ruler :)

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
GeminiX said:
During a recent visit to the states an American asked me if I thought I would be better off living in a democracy and not governed by a hereditary ruler :)

Sadly here in America I am more and more of the impression that a hereditary ruler is probably a better choice than democracy...

s.a.f

Reaction score
Thom said:
Do you he could have maintained what he had a few years ago if he had continuously incorporated something like the big 3?

Just asking because I'm about to start those and I'm about 2 or three years behind him in hair loss. I just want to maintain it.

I would'nt be suprised if he has been on the big 3 for the past few years. But he has the same aggresive hair loss genetics as his uncle edward who was NW6 in his mid - late 20's. I doubt that treatments are working for Wills he's probably just not a responder.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is a bit disheartening but you're probably right. There's no reason that someone as famous as he is, and with the amount of money he has, wouldn't do anything within their power to fight hair loss. Especially at his age.

On another note, there is some sick gratification when you see famous people suffering hair loss too. I'm beginning to think that guys suffering hair loss are becoming the majority as opposed to guys who aren't. At least I like to tell myself that.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I suppose I just notice it more now because I look for it. Although I have been researching more and I am beginning to wonder if my hair loss is from telogen effluvium. I lost about 35 lbs in 3 months so who knows?

Inevitable

Reaction score
William apparently started 'treatment' later than would be 'optimal' but does look a bit better than he has in the past.. I don't think he even fools himself into thinking he can even remotely completely reverse things. Any improvement is fantastic, with improvement you've gone beyond just stopping things but actually going a bit in the other direction, at least for the moment.

As for how many suffer.

I've always heard that more men than not will experience some androgenic alopecia in their lifetime. The general statistic is usually about 60%. Now of course this includes those who slowly recede over many decades.. and even stop for long periods of time etc... and all those in between from those like Patrick Stewart who went from hair to NW7 in a year to the moderate male pattern baldness of several years etc.

I really think 1 out of every 2 guys 'old enough' will have some level of 'suffering'. Now this takes into account or assumes everyone who has some hair loss that moves them on the Norwood scale actually cares .. which some minority , I think, really aren't phased by it.

I think it is more common, in that minority, for people to initially be a bit disheartened then learn quickly to adapt/cope with it and just accept it as a fact of life and don't let it bother them. IE: Those who just shave it, and that new look works for them and really becomes their identity and having hair would be a foreign concept after X amount of time.

He's the prince afterall,.. still human, so not immune to such vanities as 'hair'.. but is blessed and fortunate in so many other areas it likely softens the impact.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes, I had gained a lot of weight during the summer and decided I wanted to lose it all by the holiday season so I did a round of p90x. In addition to this though my caloric intake was about 700 to 800 calories a day with the exception of eating what I wanted on Sundays. I read that anything under a 1200 calorie diet can cause Telogen Effluvium and I am 6' so I probably did lose too much for my size.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I think regardless I am experiencing some male pattern baldness, especially on the crown but in the last few months I started being able to see the front of my scalp when my hair was wet but the hair isn't thin or brittle so I'm not sure if I'm really starting male pattern baldness in the front yet. No matter what I'm starting the big 3 because it's put the fear in me haha

bizo

Reaction score
Im the same age as william and I remember years ago when I was around 16 how this celebrity news show had a special on the young prince. Several "experts" commented on his good looks and how he would just get hunkier and hunkier as got closer to 30. Well, that didnt happen, hairloss struck and poor william really suffered from it. I mean, isnt scary?, its like he is a different person! The thinning hair changed the proprtions of his face making those big jaws really stand out. Its incediable how much older and uglier he looks. Im probably more upset than most beacause his hairloss coincided with mine, and bacause of this I somehow identify with his downfall. My looks have also faded just like the prince and loosing it so early wasnt fare. Peaking at 18 years old in terms of looks, then in a matter of years morphing into this kind of sick looking old guy with big jaws. It aint pretty.

I actually read papers were journalist covering the prince have stated that he stopped going out much after turning 20. He just held private, small parties in his mansions and never went to clubs. He made a misstake once when he got drunk in new york together with don johnson (wtf?) and paparazies caught those pictures of his badly thinning crown climbing out of a car. The news were all over it. Doesnt he look a bit nervous when in social events? Like he is constanly thinking about how crappy his hair looks?

Well, I dont know, but somewhere I have a feeling william aint to happy about the hair. Maybe he is over it. A stable relationship certainly helps. Ive sort of moved on and buzzed my hair quite short. But why havent william? Doesnt the wisky hairs still there just look stupid?

s.a.f

Reaction score
The aristocracy dont buzz it.

GeminiX

Reaction score
konzi said:
Im the same age as william and I remember years ago when I was around 16 how this celebrity news show had a special on the young prince. Several "experts" commented on his good looks and how he would just get hunkier and hunkier as got closer to 30. Well, that didnt happen, hairloss struck and poor william really suffered from it. I mean, isnt scary?, its like he is a different person! The thinning hair changed the proprtions of his face making those big jaws really stand out. Its incediable how much older and uglier he looks. Im probably more upset than most beacause his hairloss coincided with mine, and bacause of this I somehow identify with his downfall. My looks have also faded just like the prince and loosing it so early wasnt fare. Peaking at 18 years old in terms of looks, then in a matter of years morphing into this kind of sick looking old guy with big jaws. It aint pretty.

I actually read papers were journalist covering the prince have stated that he stopped going out much after turning 20. He just held private, small parties in his mansions and never went to clubs. He made a misstake once when he got drunk in new york together with don johnson (wtf?) and paparazies caught those pictures of his badly thinning crown climbing out of a car. The news were all over it. Doesnt he look a bit nervous when in social events? Like he is constanly thinking about how crappy his hair looks?

Well, I dont know, but somewhere I have a feeling william aint to happy about the hair. Maybe he is over it. A stable relationship certainly helps. Ive sort of moved on and buzzed my hair quite short. But why havent william? Doesnt the wisky hairs still there just look stupid?

I think you're reading *way* more into his hair loss than matters to him.

His general physical looks will have almost zero impact on the life he is leading and the life he is being groomed to lead in the future.

As long as he remains well groomed and presented (and he has "people" who will take care of that), losing some of his boyish looks are simply not part of his day to day life.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rogaine wants Prince William as spokesman

One of the engagement photos on People.com

Bosses at hairloss firm Rogaine are courting balding royal Prince William for a major new ad campaign.

The heads of the haircare company want the groom-to-be to become a spokesman for them - and they're sending him a basket of goodies ahead of his 2011 wedding to Kate Middleton in the hope he'll be suitably impressed.

A company spokesman tells Life & Style magazine, "We've been watching Prince William's growing bald spot closely for years, and we believe Rogaine can help.

"We'd love to send him our new Unscented Men's Rogaine Foam. William would be the perfect spokesman for Rogaine because whether you're a prince or an average Joe, hereditary hair loss affects one in four men.

"When he's on the altar and the world is looking at the back of his head, he won't have to worry about the hair that's not there."

Just what William wants..more exposure to the world he's balding.

s.a.f

Reaction score
As if rogaine's going to do anything for Wills in his condition. :shakehead:
He probably tried it years ago anyway.

Nene

Reaction score
Rogaine will only have it's reputation damaged by using him as a spokesperson. When he's Norwood 5 or 6 in 2 or 3 years, everyone will be like, what happened to your damn rogaine?

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I really don't think Wills gives a toss about losing his hair, it's a very minor problem for him as a wealthy royal. The same goes for Wayne Rooney. Neither of them strike me as being particularly vain and have both probably accepted male pattern baldness.

Also, I don't think these rich guys would piss around with treatments if they wanted to do something about their advanced hairloss, much more likely they'd get a megabucks hair transplant like Matthew McConaughey.

Nene

Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Nene said:
Rogaine will only have it's reputation damaged by using him as a spokesperson. When he's Norwood 5 or 6 in 2 or 3 years, everyone will be like, what happened to your damn rogaine?

He isn't gonna be a norwood 5 or 6 in 2 years or he would be already judging his hair a couple of years back. He using something and it's working to a degree. Probably started too late.

You sure about that? Take another look, I might be generous by giving him 3 years before he is a Norwood 5, he looks like a full blown 4 in this picture. I think what he is using is a heavy supply of Toppik. Rogaine certainly won't keep him from being fully bald soon.

Attachments

• prince-william-balding.jpg
    prince-william-balding.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 155