Primex's Story - (Updated pics)

Trash

Reaction score
wel thats odd :)...

Its quite the same here.... we nearly started at the same time and its as you said... Dont want to get to excited too but well its the exact same situation here..

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Well coming up to the 3 month mark now on Propecia and still doing pretty good. No side effects except that I've stopped shedding completely. It's like I'm just shedding the regular amount that I was back when I was 18. Just typing this I've ran my hand through my hair 4 times and haven't pulled out a single hair. I used to pull out 2-3 hairs everytime I'd run my hands through my hair. My bathroom isn't covered with my hair in the sink or tub or on the floor. No regrowth yet, but I'm hoping that I'll see something eventually. I've switched from generic minoxidil to the brand name Rogaine only because I saw a sale at Walmart for a 3 pack for $25, so I bought a year's worth so I won't have to buy it for a long time.

I've been thinking of starting spironolactone on my temples since that has the biggest recession my hair. The only thing is I don't wanna start something that's gonna have bad effects on me. Plus I don't wanna bombard myself with too much medication and topical stuff that's gonna freak out my hair. I haven't gotten any type of shed so I don't wanna start one. What does everyone else think?

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great...seems like things are looking good at your end...
I dont think 5% spironolactone will cause any side effects...OTOH I have my doubts if it really works....

BTW...I am planning my next vacation in Eternia...maybe I can just come up and meet you in Grayskull...Are you buds with He-Man :)

CCS

Reaction score
i made this $26/month regimen for a poor irish guy. it is very powerful

You need propecia. It will greatly reduce the odds of you getting prostate cancer, the most common cancer in men. Side effects are rare, go away if you stop, and you should try it first and see if you get any before you worry about them. Asprin has more side effects.
As for propecia, get proscar. The active ingredient is finasteride. Proscar has 5mg, propecia has 1mg. At a regular pharmacy proscar is $90 USD and propecia is 60. You can get these for half the price online without a prescription. Ask Beaner or Goingat20 where they get theirs. Elitenetpharmacy is one place.
1 USD = about 0.6 pounds.
0.2 mg/day regrow 82% as much hair as 1mg/day, which regrows 83% as much hair as 5mg/day. The dose is not important. Cut the Proscar with a $5 pill cutter. Cut it in 8 pieces and take one every other day. That will cost you $90/16 = 6 USD per month. I know you can afford that. This will give you 0.3 mg/day, which will lower you DHT levels just as much as Propecia will.

If you can spend an extra $6, get Avodart at elitenetpharmacy $60 and take one 0.5mg capsule every 5 days. That is as strong as 5mg finasteride per day and will cost you $12 per month, instead of $6 for finasteride.

Of corse get generic Rogaine, which is called minoxidil 5%. If it costs too much over there, order it for $27 for 4 bottles at minoxidildirect.com. Dr Lee is at minoxidil.com. You can get both and use the dr Lee's before you sociallize, but it is ok to use it once a day some days. i think you should put half a mL around your hair line and front sides at night, and then do the normal minoxidil 5% in the morning over most of your top for maintainence. That will be $4 per month for the regular stuff and $18/4 = $5 for the quick drying, totalling $9 per month.

Get nizoral 1% shampoo. It costs $15 dollars per bottle. Find a generic if you can. Wash your hair with a tea spoon 2 times a week. That will last you 14 weeks, which is about $4 per month, and will help keep more hair from shrinking. It is a weak anti-androgen, good for your strong hair but not good enough for the thinning ones. It also will take away any irritation if minoxidil gives you any.

You need copper peptides. These are great for damage control for many post DHT follicle attacks. Buy folligen liquid spray for $30 (Guys, where is the best place to buy it?) Dilute it with water to 1/2 strength. Apply about 2mL to your whole top and hair line one every other day. That should last you 8 months (right guys?) for $3 per month.

If you want to regrow your hairline for sure, you need a strong anti-androgen on just your hairline. I'm not going to take the time writing the directions for making your own spironolactone cream for $10/month because it might be a problem if your girlfriend stays over a lot. Ask Felk if you want directions. I advise you to buy Eucapil for $50 for a month supply. It comes in 2mL glass ampules that you break open. Get some silly puddy and seal them air tight and try to make each one last 4 days, using it only on your hair line. This will drop the cost to $13 per month, and it evaporates in 2 minutes. Do it 3 hours after you shower when your hair is very dry. Go to Eucapil.com.

That comes to $36 USD per month.
If that is too much for you, you should just
* use the minoxidil 5% once a day and maybe twice when you can, skip the dr Lee's, (save $5 per month)
* And apply the eucapil every other day or two days out of three (make sure it does not evaporate on you! seal it good) (save $5 per month)

This brings your monthly cost down to $26 per month,

And if you already suppliment your diet with protein powder, cut back a little and use the money to get arginine bonded to glutamine. You can find it at vitacost.com. I won't explain the biology but you can read about it at drproctor.com. The arginine helps your hair, and the glutamine gets it absorbed better than L-arginine. The glutamine is also a conditionally essential amino acid that you need if you work your muscles VERY hard. You need it for recoveries. So if you workout really hard in the gym, you get two for one. Take 2 grams total per day.

I'm not sure you can regrow your hairline, but you can get your sides.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Great...seems like things are looking good at your end...
I dont think 5% spironolactone will cause any side effects...OTOH I have my doubts if it really works....

BTW...I am planning my next vacation in Eternia...maybe I can just come up and meet you in Grayskull...Are you buds with He-Man :)

No, but I'm good friends with Skeletor...btw- I'm Prometheus at http://www.he-man.org
I'm a big He-Man freak if you haven't guess yet.

collegechemistrystudent- I'm not sure why you posted all of that, but thanks for the info.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Well 3 month update pics. Nothing really different except I haven't gotten a hair cut in about 2 months and it's pretty long. I think I'm gonna cut it this weekend.
DigitalCameraUploads011.jpg

DigitalCameraUploads006.jpg

DigitalCameraUploads005.jpg

DigitalCameraUploads004.jpg

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhaircomeagain said:
Maybe I am worng...but I see less scalp at the vertex..

Hmmm... Maybe, I hadn't really compared my before and after pics on the vertex. I have stopped shedding almost completely, so maybe it has thickened some. I guess in another 3 months I'll compare again then I'll know for sure if it's working.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it's been close to 5 months on Propecia and nothing really new to report. I'll take some new pics this weekend, but it pretty much has remained the same. I wasn't expecting any regrowth, although I was hoping for a little something extra here and there. At least I've maintained for the time being. I don't know if it'll last or not, but I'm hoping that it will for a while. I've downgraded the minoxidil to 1 time per day only because the itch is completely unbearable now. I can't stop itching the areas that I apply it to. I really wanna get Dr. Lee's non-itch type, but I bought about a year's supply of this damn stuff already and I don't want it to go to waste yet. Maybe I'll try some sort of spironolactone on the hairline since that's the only real problem I have right now.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
All these were Taken on 1/13/2007:
RobertsNewYearsEveParty2006006.jpg

RobertsNewYearsEveParty2006003.jpg

RobertsNewYearsEveParty2006002.jpg

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything. I don't know if there's any improvement since I've been on Propecia for about 9 months now. I've haven't been as diligent with the Rogaine. I switched to the foam a couple months ago and I do have to say that it's awesome! I love that I don't have a wet forhead for hours at a time and that I can literally put it on before I go to bed and not worry about it getting all over my pillow.

I haven't really noticed any improvement, but at least I haven't had more regression or anything like that. I really want the temples to fill out a little bit.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Primex said:
All these were Taken on 1/13/2007:
RobertsNewYearsEveParty2006006.jpg

I swear in this pic that your temples have filled in a tad. Maybe 1/2 cm. I would be kinda hard to notice without measuring.

Also, what are all those smaller-in-length hairs at the end point of your temple ressesion (furthest away from front of your head)? To me, those look like news hairs filling in.

My hairline is exactly like yours. I am dissapointed in your temple ressesion not growing to a NW0 but also kinda excited. Your temples grew back ever so slightly. Its kinda nice to know that your hair is growthing thicker with time, not thinner with time. Even if it isn't drastic.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i agree your temples appear to be filling in, keep it up!

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i think left temple has filled in too.
I think things will get better.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess maybe it is filling in a little. I guess I haven't been comparing pics like I should. Thanks for the encouragement guys!

WorldofWarcraft (btw, cool name, are you looking forward to the expansion pack coming out on Tuesday?)- Those are some newer small hairs. I noticed them when I went to get a haircut last month and my barber/hair stylist (whatever they're called) said that I had some new hair coming in. This old guy has been cutting my hair since I was 12 so he knows all about the receding hairline and has even gave suggestions. It wasn't that many so I didn't jump for joy yet, but it was exciting to see something new come in.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Primex,
Hey man, I read in one of your posts that you've be on propecia/finasteride for about 9 months now. I've been on it for the same amount of time. What have you experienced since you've started? You definitely seem like you've had improvements which is great.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
pologuy514 said:
Primex,
Hey man, I read in one of your posts that you've be on propecia/finasteride for about 9 months now. I've been on it for the same amount of time. What have you experienced since you've started? You definitely seem like you've had improvements which is great.

Hey dude, sorry I never responded back last month, I haven't checked in for a while now. I really haven't experienced anything that I can really report. I was really nervous at first because I thought I was gonna go limp and all but I'm still the same as I always was. At first I thought I was being ripped off because it felt as though I was taking a placebo or something because I didn't have any side effects. Of course that's a good thing though. It's been a year now, which I'll have to take some pics, but I don't feel as though I've improved that much myself. I feel like I've maintained though, so that's not too bad. No one really suspects that I'm losing hair, so it's all good for now. I figure I have another year or 2 before I start shaving, so I'll be happy with that.

Primex

Established Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm just giving my tri-annually report. Nothing really new. Hair has been maintained. I really haven't gained anything, but at least I haven't lost anything either. Although I have to admit I haven't been as diligent as I should be. Somedays I won't apply the Rogaine in the mornings because I feel it'll ruin a good hair day or sometimes I'll get too tired or something to that effect and not apply at night. So maybe I would have a better effect if I was a little more consistent to my regiment. I should take more pics, but my lazyness has prevented me.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your hair at the front appears thicker.

Jhi576

Reaction score
Primex said:
Do walkin clinics give prescriptions for Proprecia? I'd never even thought about that.

Hawaii male- Thanks, but I think the pics make it look a little better than it actually is. I'm trying to get on Propecia, I'm thinking of being referred to a dermotologist instead. That may be better in the long run being that a lot of people complain about the acne too and I'm sure that I'll have something to that effect being that I had awful acne as a teen and actually went to a dermotologist when I was a in high school.

HEY,TRY THIS ONE OF YOU HAVE ACNE.IT'S NATURAL AND ALMOST LIKE ACCUTINE BUT WITHOT A LOT SIDE EFFECT

http://WWW.VILANTAE.NET