Pretty exciting regrowth pictures in new soy patent.........

michael barry

Reaction score
http://v3.espacenet.com/origdoc?DB=EPOD ... =EP1915997

Regrowth pics are on page 31 and 32......................there is also a regrowth pic on page 33. These things have been photocopied on a non-color printer though...........and that sucks.

In the "mosaics" section of the patent, there are also more pics.

The patent uses 'semi-mature' black soy beans, some kind of kudzu extract, some kind of seed, and something else in combimation (and I think yellow soy beans too)............so its pretty complex.

They also claim they can restore hair color in the patent.....................which is pretty wierd. Pics look great though.

FollicaLover

Reaction score
well, if you read the content in the link, it says pretty good things, and it looks like if it could be able very soon as it is all very natural and safety.

What do you think about it after reading the patent?

bobs

Established Member
Reaction score
This is very interesting.
I wonder if one could just smash some soy beans up and put the pulver in a schampo and use it like that.

Best thing is that ït is all natural, no trials or such, hm hope there will be some follow up on this!

FollicaLover

Reaction score
Yes, it sounds very interesting... but there's something I can't understand:

It's just, if it is so natural, so painless, so great, efficient, human trails done with success, no side-effects... and just patented.... why no one talks about this? neither Nature nor the newspapers, not much information in Google...
In a word, i don't see the repercusion it should have, no?

What do you think about this? why?

LinuxCavalier

Reaction score
those regrowth pictures are impressive and exciting.

FollicaLover: I think you are falling for the age old natural=safe myth. There are plenty of natural things that are poisonous. And often artificial compounds are actually better at preventing site effects

Michael: do you think that its claim of not having side effects is reasonable? I've always assumed that the usefulness of Soy as a hair loss cure/aid is because of its hormonal effects. I would think, considering it is not topical, that the effects would be systemic

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
How does soy affect your hormones.... its not the category of "curing man-ness" like saw palmetto is it?

michael barry

Reaction score
Michael: do you think that its claim of not having side effects is reasonable? I've always assumed that the usefulness of Soy as a hair loss cure/aid is because of its hormonal effects. I would think, considering it is not topical, that the effects would be systemic

the patent states it can be used as a topical or internal. I'd prefer topical.

I suppose if it really works well in Japan, there will be a website in the future with a bunch of regrowth pics for us to look at.

In the meantime Id advise anyone to stay on with whatever is working for them . I have a high opinion of finas, nizoral, and prox-n personally.

el_duterino

Reaction score
interesting..I saw a few of those Soy beans shampoos/lotions available in Japan but many seem to be targeted to woman's hair loss...it seems that this Soy bean effect has something to do with the plant female hormone thing.

Propecia and minoxidil were approved & sold only very recenlty in Japan.Also when it comes to real effective hairloss drugs (dutasteride, Flut, minoxidil 15% etc..) Japan is still behind in terms of knowledge and availabilty. That's why the other "natural" products are much more studied because of that.

When the patent was filed in Japan, Propecia was not even approved & sold. Only minoxidil at 5% but costing USD50 a bottle (month)...

In any case, Japanese men in Japan seem to have the best hair in the world..very little thinning overall and a very large percentage have "teenager" super thick hairlines well into their 50's. Not sure why.

FollicaLover

Reaction score
LinuxCavalier said:
those regrowth pictures are impressive and exciting.

FollicaLover: I think you are falling for the age old natural=safe myth. There are plenty of natural things that are poisonous. And often artificial compounds are actually better at preventing site effects

LinuxCavalier, I just read the content of http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP1915997.html, it says that it hasn't got any side-effect... I don't know if it's true or not.

But, I keep asking the same thing, if it is as good as it claims to be, why there's not much information on it, why no one talks about it in the net?

LinuxCavalier

Reaction score
michael barry said:
They also claim they can restore hair color in the patent.....................which is pretty wierd. Pics look great though.
So I've done a little research into the hair color portion of the patent. It seems Radix Polygoni Multiflori contains 2,3,5,4'-tetrahydroxystilbene-2-O-beta-D-glucoside (THSG) which stimulates melanogenesis via increased tyrosinase activity.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18389468

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
i've tried he shu wu before. It doesn't work for hair loss, and has no effect on hair color.

amsch

Reaction score
Michael barry, i'm not very well informed yet, but i guess the main reason it should work are the physo-estrogenes, right? how about the side effects?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
f*****g good read!

polygoni multiflori radix and semi mature black soybeans for regrow and hair color restoration.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
the Last Fight said:
side effects include, femininity
I drink soy every day since a least 2 years and I have no gyno, no man boobs, no lack of libido. You guys should stop reading pubmed sh*t and try it by yourself and then report it. I don't think Japanese got problems either. You guys over react and afraid to try sh*t.