Premade RU solutions: any success, or are they a waste of time and cash?

abcdefg

Reaction score
Out of curiosity how long would this last you if you used it once a day? I might still go the finasteride route by seeing a derm like a small dose .25mg but RU is tempting if only there was more proof it worked and it was safe

RU58841 Solution 50ML (99,85% Pharma Grade Quality), Temporary on sales! Limited*

Conpecia

Reaction score
Just mix it yourself. I'm lazy as hell but still manage to make it once every 12 days or so. It's so easy. Buy a cheap scale on Amazon and some measuring spoons, weigh out your dose, dump it in minoxidil, shake it up, and apply it that night. Last about two weeks daily for literally 5 minutes of work.

For what it's worth I've had less sides on dutasteride and ru than I did on finasteride. Everyone's different. But mixing RU is super simple.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Dont have minoxidil I just want the AA to maintain so not sure what I can mix it into. I might still try finasteride first anyways and maybe RU can be my backup choice

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU is safe enough IMO. It's had human testing and it metabolizes into a pretty harmless form.

Totally harmless? No. There is always some risk.

But what are we comparing it to? Systemic finasteride & dutasteride? Don't tell me those are less risky.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Personally I think its silly to try RU before you gave propecia a shot. Propecia is much safer just from the time its been in use, and the amount of people on it. No amount of studies can take away real world use for 25+ years by millions of men. RU isnt even in the same league. No one outside these forums even uses it, no reliable supplier, limited studies showing safety... Even with finasteride we know in most people if you quit it goes back to normal. RU we know nothing except in theory it should.
Everyone makes their own choices though.

abcdefg

Reaction score
RU is safe enough IMO. It's had human testing and it metabolizes into a pretty harmless form.

Totally harmless? No. There is always some risk.

But what are we comparing it to? Systemic finasteride & dutasteride? Don't tell me those are less risky.
Ru is metabolized into a harmless form? what form is that. RU has to go systemic or it wouldnt work. Nothing stays local the scalp completely

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
propecia is safe in that it wont kill you. but it can f*** you up pretty badly. how the f*** can reducing a potent male hormone by 70% not do?

ru seems to have less sides and overall seems like a far better approach to halt your hairloss. but f*** knows what it will do to you in the long term.

thats the risk

abcdefg

Reaction score
propecia is safe in that it wont kill you. but it can f*** you up pretty badly. how the f*** can reducing a potent male hormone by 70% not do?

ru seems to have less sides and overall seems like a far better approach to halt your hairloss. but f*** knows what it will do to you in the long term.

thats the risk

Reducing a potent male hormone long term seems from our intuition to be a bad thing, but that doesnt make it so. A lot of things in medicine dont end up working how a person would intuitively guess that they would. DHT might end up effecting some other things, but none of it ends up being that important. There are human biological models the pseudo hermaphradites that live their whole lives with this same hormonal profile, and live normal length lives as everyone else. Is DHT really that critical? Id argue testosterone is a much bigger male hormone. Id argue testosterone and DHT are both bad for men. Why do women live so much longer? Maybe its part hormones.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reducing a potent male hormone long term seems from our intuition to be a bad thing, but that doesnt make it so. A lot of things in medicine dont end up working how a person would intuitively guess that they would. DHT might end up effecting some other things, but none of it ends up being that important. There are human biological models the pseudo hermaphradites that live their whole lives with this same hormonal profile, and live normal length lives as everyone else. Is DHT really that critical? Id argue testosterone is a much bigger male hormone. Id argue testosterone and DHT are both bad for men. Why do women live so much longer? Maybe its part hormones.
I have hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism which is both estrogen and androgen deficiency. That also means testosterone amongst other sex hormones. I still managed to get Androgenetic Alopecia. Honestly, I think regardless of what your hormone profile is doing, if your follicles are sensitive enough or there’s genetic predisposition, you’re fucked.

pollutionbrain

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is better to make own solution because the side effects are dose dependant. Ive already ordered some from kane and it is cheap. I cant wait until it f*****g smacks me.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is better to make own solution because the side effects are dose dependant. Ive already ordered some from kane and it is cheap. I cant wait until it f*****g smacks me.
Me too. In the scalp. Right in the follicles. Bring me sweet, sweet terminal regrowth.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last I checked it was bad for the heart or something. That's why I'm afraid to try it.

It's complicated to try to answer that, but I think we can come to a general idea of the risk level.

RU58841 metabolism is well described here.

The main point is 1% of RU58841 is metabolized into a systemic antiandrogen (cyanonilutamide). This is probably somewhere on par in potency with similar compounds like nilutamide or flutamide.

If you look at high dose oral antiandrogens like nilutamide, or flutamide, or bicalutamide, you will find they generally list cardiac effects as: "(1% to 10%): Hypertension, angina, heart failure" (ref).

This is a dose-related effect that likely has to do with systemic androgen deprivation in massive doses blocking androgens from binding to the heart muscle, and thus leading to atrophy or dysfunction, the same way systemic androgen deprivation causes muscle wasting.

However in tiny systemic doses, most antiandrogens hopefully shouldn't have this effect. For example, I use the most RU of anyone I know at 300 mg a day. If all this all immediately absorbs into my blood, I will have a pretty powerful systemic androgen blockade for an hour or two (as RU is roughly as strong as flutamide), after which the majority of RU will be broken down into inert byproducts. 1% overall will make cyanonilutamide, or around 3 mg a day.

By contrast, nilutamide for prostate cancer is dosed at 150-300 mg a day, so I'm getting at most 2% of the effective systemic castration dose long term. And that's if it all goes systemic (most will probably stay on or in my scalp).

The point is, it's not a black and white science, but I think the odds of anyone developing heart failure from RU58841 is pretty low. You'd have to be susceptible to it.

I've been meaning to get an ECG done, as I've been feeling dizzy post exercise the past few years, which isn't technically anything new for me. But I feel like I should go check it out. So quite sincerely, if I do and I'm already dying, I'll definitely let you guys know. :)

(srs)

Last edited:

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's complicated to try to answer that, but I think we can come to a general idea of the risk level.

RU58841 metabolism is well described here.

The main point is 1% of RU58841 is metabolized into a systemic antiandrogen (cyanonilutamide). This is probably somewhere on par in potency with similar compounds like nilutamide or flutamide.

If you look at high dose oral antiandrogens like nilutamide, or flutamide, or bicalutamide, you will find they generally list cardiac effects as: "(1% to 10%): Hypertension, angina, heart failure" (ref).

This is a dose-related effect that likely has to do with systemic androgen deprivation in massive doses blocking androgens from binding to the heart muscle, and thus leading to atrophy or dysfunction, the same way systemic androgen deprivation causes muscle wasting.

However in tiny systemic doses, most antiandrogens hopefully shouldn't have this effect. For example, I use the most RU of anyone I know at 300 mg a day. If all this all immediately absorbs into my blood, I will have a pretty powerful systemic androgen blockade for an hour or two (as RU is roughly as strong as flutamide), after which the majority of RU will be broken down into inert byproducts. 1% overall will make cyanonilutamide, or around 3 mg a day.

By contrast, nilutamide for prostate cancer is dosed at 150-300 mg a day, so I'm getting at most 2% of the effective systemic castration dose long term. And that's if it all goes systemic (most will probably stay on or in my scalp).

The point is, it's not a black and white science, but I think the odds of anyone developing heart failure from RU58841 is pretty low. You'd have to be susceptible to it.

I've been meaning to get an ECG done, as I've been feeling dizzy post exercise the past few years, which isn't technically anything new for me. But I feel like I should go check it out. So quite sincerely, if I do and I'm already dying, I'll definitely let you guys know. :)

(srs)

It's super reassuring thank you buddy!. I don't know if you're a genius or a madman but stay alive at least lol
Now look at us..Trading our dicks heart and brain for..hairs..

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using the premade 8% RU with KB from Anageninc for a few months because I'm lazy, so far no problems.

Will probably start making my own to save money but I really like the KB vehicle so maybe I'll still mix with that.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using the premade 8% RU with KB from Anageninc for a few months because I'm lazy, so far no problems.

Will probably start making my own to save money but I really like the KB vehicle so maybe I'll still mix with that.

You had regrowth?

rocket_hare

My Regimen
Reaction score
You had regrowth?

Heh I wish I could say, I think it's been helping but I haven't seen anything substantial so I think it's too early to tell.

To clarify, when I say a few months I mean I was using it every other in day in conjunction with minoxidil.
Lately I've switched to every day per Hellhouser's guide so maybe I'll see more benefit.

CopeLikeThePope

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

AAre you using daily? what doses? also any aesthetic results yet? halting of hair loss? more loss? did you had a scalp itch and it helped stopping it?

Im collecting data of people that use RU daily since im worried about androgen upregulation causing even more hairloss with chronic usage, this is why I haven't tried it yet, but so far I've seen a couple people using it daily reporting good results. I need more data and more time of usage tho.