Premade RU solutions: any success, or are they a waste of time and cash?

HairMagician

Reaction score
This seems to be the most appropriate forum, but if not feel free to move the thread. I haven't found another thread discussing the long-term efficacy of the pre-made solutions btw so I feel this is an important topic.

Anyway, I have been using Anageninc solution from Kane (5% RU58841 in KB) for 3 weeks. I know it is having some effect, because there are slight (but very tolerable) sides which pop up 25 mins after application. I then apply spironolactone, and the symptoms intensify, but on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate the sides as maybe a 2 or 3.

Has anyone had success using the pre-made solution?

I know Kane posted studies saying it is stable at room temperature for X months, and I generally trust Kane, but as others have mentioned, one can see why a seller of such a product might want to fudge a study when there is profit to be gained.

I bought 1.5 months worth, would you recommend I just get the powder and make it myself? I will if I have to, but honestly, I'd much rather order the premade solution, money isn't an issue atm, I am just concerned about its efficacy and stability (I store it in the fridge)

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
dodgy chemical, dodgy supplier, I can't quite figure out why people are buying this UNLICENSED chemical from China. If RU was safe and effective, ProStraken would not have stopped after completing phase II trials out of laziness. Who knows, maybe RU causes cancer, but hey if it helps your hair then that's all that matters am I right? i'm not trying to be a troll but there are many reasons to avoid this chemical in favor of proven treatments(finasteride, minoxidil, nizoral).

HairMagician

Reaction score
i see your point, in fact i've been hesitant to try it, but Hellouser and other users have good results. My PcP will not prescribe any hair loss treatments to anyone since he is NW6 and says it is unstoppable. I plan to use RU for several months until i get a finasteride script... I'm trying to find another Doctor or derm. If not, i may just get finasteride online. Still, I want to know if anyone else is using Kane's premade RU. It is dodgy. but the consensus is Kane is very reliable, I know people have frequently had his batches tested and found them to be legit

- - - Updated - - -

The fact they stopped trials is concerning though... does anyone here know exactly why it was stopped?

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
I would highly recommend going to a hair transplant doctor/clinic. I went to one for a finasteride prescription and he wrote me one with no hesitation, and even offered to write one for proscar, to save on costs by cutting it into fifths. I feel like these doctors are more likely to write you a prescription because they are constantly writing them for people after they have their transplants, to preserve the results. I remember a thread on another forum which asked users to poll their results with RU and they were quite mixed, although you will have some diehard fans like el dutasteride. But like I said, it's quite a gamble, even though us balding men can get desperate when it comes to fighting the hairloss battle(I too have considered buying RU at one point).

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
trials were almost certainly stopped due to efficacy issues. I think general consensus is the do it at home RU where you mix it yourself is more reliable

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
I got premade RU from male pattern baldness treatments, but they have sometimes problems with RU being out of stock so I rather bought the next bottle from Anagen, Anyway, after 48 days on RU, I gained dozens of small terminals in my temples (where I applied it). I never had such regrowth with anything else. Only problem is, they seem to grow slower then the rest, anyone had similar experience? Pic below.

RU.jpg

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
I got premade RU from male pattern baldness treatments, but they have sometimes problems with RU being out of stock so I rather bought the next bottle from Anagen, Anyway, after 48 days on RU, I gained dozens of small terminals in my temples (where I applied it). I never had such regrowth with anything else. Only problem is, they seem to grow slower then the rest, anyone had similar experience? Pic below.

View attachment 25618

Holy ****. Is that 48 days on the premade RU from male pattern baldness treatments exclusively? What carrier did you choose? I notice that you can pick from 3 on the Anagen website for example. I've had hairs that have grown slightly slower and been limited in terms of the length they grew to from minoxidil. When was the last time you had terminal hairs growing in those areas? If you fill in a few of those details I'd appreciate it and could try replicating what you did.

The majority of RU users that post on forums seem to have been mixing their own having bought powder in bulk, so it's interesting to see someone with results like that from a premade solution theRA. I've been considering RU more lately but there's a lot to think about in terms of supplier and how you administer it. I was leaning towards trying it with neogenic like el_duterino had been doing.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is extremely impressive. I'm really curious what that is going to look like in a fewe months. Keep us updated!

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
Holy ****. Is that 48 days on the premade RU from male pattern baldness treatments exclusively? What carrier did you choose? I notice that you can pick from 3 on the Anagen website for example. I've had hairs that have grown slightly slower and been limited in terms of the length they grew to from minoxidil. When was the last time you had terminal hairs growing in those areas? If you fill in a few of those details I'd appreciate it and could try replicating what you did.

well yes 48 days on RU 5% in KB solution from *************. But I also experiment with other things like minoxidil with AA, DRing once a month with 1.5mm (I also did that once a week for three months experiment but it didn't do much), a bit of scalp massage when I watch the TV. I would still give the regrowth credit to RU as the babies started to pop right after I started using it and pretty rapidly, maybe 1-2 weeks after the first apply. I'm thinking of ditching minoxidil completely after the last batch is empty, to me I never really achieved anything with it I think, I just applied it because I was scared that I might loose hair when I stop using it (that still might happen). I want to find out if RU can keep the hair that minoxidil (possibly) saved over the years. I will post a picture when I hit 90 days on RU.

Regarding the question "When was the last time you had terminal hairs growing in those areas?" Id say that I had those maybe one year ago.

HairMagician

Reaction score
Hey I'm back, been really sick (not related to treatments) and thus away from the forum. Anyway, just wanted to update you guys. I am applying the RU 5% 2x daily at 1ml now and have results similar to theRA. Since starting this thread (which was roughly the time I started RU), my bald spots have diminished about 80%. My hair is much thicker. If I have time I will post photos in the near future. Keep in mind I use s5 cream from this site to maintain and minoxidil 2x daily to stimulate new growth. I am very impressed with the results. I originally ordered two bottles, meaning one sat in the fridge for a few weeks before I started to use it, and my guess (due to results) is it does not degrade much, if at all. Initially there were small sides, mostly aches, but I have an unrelated illness atm so the sides are impossible to notice if they still exist at all. I will be more active now that I am feeling better and will keep everyone updated. Hopefully they keep the quality good, as good results means more business for them. I think they understand that so they aren't trying to fool people IMO. I never used products from male pattern baldness but have only been using the Kane supplier in the US. When I am fully recovered I do intend to get an hair transplant, but this is great because I am growing more hair, so the hair transplant should be much less epensive when I get it (sometime early in 2015). Hope this post was helps you guys

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention, my vehicle is KB (premade). Does anyone think other vehicles would actually give even better results?

Donny J

Established Member
Reaction score
that picture makes me second guess potentially trying out RU. like most others, I'm kinda scared of using an unapproved product which was terminated during testing. that being said, i'm still not sure where you guys are getting your premade solutions from..

theRA, you said "male pattern baldness treatments" is that *************.com, which re-directs to ru-solutions.com? and if so, do you get the 5% application plus or the 5% solution? the website appears to be kinda querky right now, so i can't see a full description.

as far as "the Anagen website", which one is that? one of your posts got "**"'d out, so it's difficult to tell. PM me if you can't post it here.

The Far Side

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm back, been really sick (not related to treatments) and thus away from the forum. Anyway, just wanted to update you guys. I am applying the RU 5% 2x daily at 1ml now and have results similar to theRA.

How did you fit it in amonst the S5 and minoxidil applications? From random snippets I've come across on forums I think I read something about Dr Lee suggesting applying RU first followed by minoxidil? I use minoxidil then apply S5 ~25 mins later personally. I guess if I tried RU I'd put it on before the minoxidil, possibly an hour prior? I seem to remember an hour being mentioned somewhere ;e

SilverShark

Reaction score
I purchased RU5% form ru solutions but my item never arrived. Then I get in touch with them, but after they said that they will fix this problem - I never got response or email from them. So I'm very dissapointed with their costomer service...

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any other online store for premixed RU in KB?

abcdefg

Reaction score
if the guys uses other stuff like minoxidil how can you ever know the results are from RU or the minoxidil? Personally I would gamble with propecia before I would gamble on a completely experimental drug like RU that was never even tested on humans was it? Given the critical importance of androgens I think we are all pretty desperate for some topical AA that works but RU is not worth the risk so I dont know what the answer really is. Everyone seems to throw out their own unproven ones like RU, CB, topical spironolactone... The problem is none of them have any evidence they are safe yet alone work on humans

slender13

Reaction score
Call me stupid, but I had less qualms about using RU as oppose to finasteride. I felt more comfortable with it being a topical. I've been using RU for several months now with no sides whatsoever. That does not mean it is safe. We simply don't know enough about it. There's no doubt that it works, but it's not spectacular either. It definitely thickened up my hair a great deal after about 1 month, but then seemed to just stabilise. I have now just started finasteride for the first time at a low dose after years of abstaining and I continue to use RU. Making your own RU solution is not difficult. I use Kirkland minoxidil as a vehicle. As regards sources, stick the Kane and Anageninc. Hope this helps.

slender13

Reaction score
Swoop, I assume you are Swooping over on BTT? Enjoy your posts over there man always an interesting read.

abcdefg

Reaction score
They are stable but not for too long. I mix my RU myself and make like 10 day batches. Cheaper + easier to adjust dosage. It's extremely easy to do anyway.

How do you mix it and where do you buy from? I still have reservations about using an experimental chemical that powerful long term. Seems pretty risky, but given the options your going to take risk treating male pattern baldness no matter what you do

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Slender, Yes I am, thanks mate.

How do you mix it and where do you buy from? I still have reservations about using an experimental chemical that powerful long term. Seems pretty risky, but given the options your going to take risk treating male pattern baldness no matter what you do

60-75 mg a day in Ethanol/Glycerin/Water (5% solution) I get it from anageninc/thekaneshop. I understand that. I did allot of research into RU and general anti-androgens before taking the plunge with it. There is much information available on RU and also many user experience now, so that is good.