Potential hair transplant Pt...22 Y/o Could Use Some Advice

MsGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a 22 y/o male with general diffused thinning across the scalp. I am currently using propecia daily and minoxidil twice daily to combat thinning. I have been dealing with this since I was in high school. I have a strong genetic predisposition for androgenic alopecia. I started meds in college a couple of years ago. Obviously, there was significant hair loss prior to the start of medication, but it has been relatively stable (slightly improved) over the past 6 months. I was recently told by a surgeon he could correct my hair loss with 1000 graftsFUE (800 to hairline & 200 to crown). It seemed a bit far fetched honestly....I have done quite a bit of research. I have also been told by other surgeons that they wouldn't touch me due to my age and hair loss pattern. I am open to all the information and suggestions guys. I am new to the forum and dont know anyone else my age dealing with this in my area. I have to shave it with a one guard for two years now. Idk what to do at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_0374.PNG
    IMG_0374.PNG
    592.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0375.PNG
    IMG_0375.PNG
    566.9 KB · Views: 388

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I am a 22 y/o male with general diffused thinning across the scalp. I am currently using propecia daily and minoxidil twice daily to combat thinning. I have been dealing with this since I was in high school. I have a strong genetic predisposition for androgenic alopecia. I started meds in college a couple of years ago. Obviously, there was significant hair loss prior to the start of medication, but it has been relatively stable (slightly improved) over the past 6 months. I was recently told by a surgeon he could correct my hair loss with 1000 graftsFUE (800 to hairline & 200 to crown). It seemed a bit far fetched honestly....I have done quite a bit of research. I have also been told by other surgeons that they wouldn't touch me due to my age and hair loss pattern. I am open to all the information and suggestions guys. I am new to the forum and dont know anyone else my age dealing with this in my area. I have to shave it with a one guard for two years now. Idk what to do at this point.
@topcat, this thread was created just for you.:)

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@MsGuy

Your hairline is a Norwood two, it's just you are a little diffuse on top. You stopped it, and you do
have enough hair that it won't look bad longer (in my opinion).

If you grew it out longer, it would make it look thicker. Now, if it's something you find repulsive, and you're
not used to it a little longer, you should not do it.

It would make it LOOK thicker, obviously longer hair won't make it thicker. Because there would be less
scalp showing.

For a long time, I gave up on my hair, and just gave myself short buzzcuts. I have a long face, and it
made me look uglier (I am old, so it's a given my face has "aged").