Posting After A Second Dermatologist

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted 2 weeks ago my concerns. To summarize, I am in Finasteride and Minoxidil for 7 months, since I felt I was losing density and I was thinning.

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...inasteride-and-minoxidil.106763/#post-1507071

Last week I went to a second dermatologist, and after he listened my story and checked a little bit my hair and take some pics with his phone, he told me to continue with the treatment and that I should come back in 6 months to see the progression.

Anyway, I have new photos and I could even find 1 of my hairline 6 months ago. I am attaching hairline and crown photos.

I would really appreciate any comment.

Attachments

• January2017-July2017.jpg
    January2017-July2017.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 548
  • July1.jpg
    July1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 532
  • July2.jpg
    July2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 537
  • July3.jpg
    July3.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 509
  • July5.jpg
    July5.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 557
  • July4.jpg
    July4.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 519
  • July6.jpg
    July6.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 581

abcdefg

Reaction score
Stop looking at it, stop obsessing over it week to week. Forget you even have hair loss because whether it gets better or worse there isnt much else you can do anyway but live with it. It looks fine.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
your hair and progress is good, but think that minoxidil/finas is supossed to use forever.

in your other post you said that "Unfortunately I do not have photos of 7 months ago", now we can see one of the front line :)

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
your hair and progress is good, but think that minoxidil/finas is supossed to use forever.

in your other post you said that "Unfortunately I do not have photos of 7 months ago", now we can see one of the front line :)

Thanks!!! Yes, i could find just 1 pic from 7 months ago, which i did not even remember I took it.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
nothing to worry about, just stick to finasteride

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crown is fine, I think there might be some minor thickening at the hairline. Definetly not worse.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont see any sense of using minoxidil. I cant even notice if there is some thickening also or... Do you even has male pattern baldness? :) If you're worried then i will say your hair looks great. Good Luck. PS. Do you have before photos? Post it.

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Updates after 6 months. I do not see much difference. I am already a year on Finasteride and minoxidil. Not sure if I could expect any change in that 1st hair line on front, which is not as dense as the rest.

Thanks to all,

Attachments

• Jan2018_1.jpg
    Jan2018_1.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Jan2018_2.jpg
    Jan2018_2.jpg
    422.6 KB · Views: 261
  • Jan2018_3.jpg
    Jan2018_3.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 243

Renlie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't even think you have any kind of hairloss man... looks quite normal to me.

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't even think you have any kind of hairloss man... looks quite normal to me.
Thanks for replying. I know it is not severe at all, but I visited 2 different dermatologist and both said it is early hairloss. And actually, not since few months, but I could realize less density than 2-3 years ago, specially in the area I mentioned before, my left temple and left side of the forehead.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you doing on the Finasteride? Any sides? Been in the fence for over a year with similar hair and losing ground. I’m assuming I’m a little older. Looks good.

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you doing on the Finasteride? Any sides? Been in the fence for over a year with similar hair and losing ground. I’m assuming I’m a little older. Looks good.

I did not notice any side until now. You meant you were also a year but you could not keep your hair? I am 36 now.