wet1.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 228
  • wet2.jpg
    wet2.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 223

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good. I waited a year and a half and lost a good bit of density. Did you do labs before you started? Any shed? Did you not the hair getting healthier? Mine was jet black in a year it’s mid-brown.

Attachments

• 4749BB36-DF2D-43D2-8EF0-A0C92D407132.jpeg
    4749BB36-DF2D-43D2-8EF0-A0C92D407132.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 262
  • B8316241-BACD-4C3F-BAE4-1992318C20B7.jpeg
    B8316241-BACD-4C3F-BAE4-1992318C20B7.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 229

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good. I waited a year and a half and lost a good bit of density. Did you do labs before you started? Any shed? Did you not the hair getting healthier? Mine was jet black in a year it’s mid-brown.
I did not do any labs before. I visited 2 dermatologist and both told me to start with finas. I probably had a little bit of shedding, but nothing crazy like other people, considering what I read in this forum. I have to say that in general I did not feel much, not sides, not improvement in my hair, not healthier... the only thing i see is that i am in a similar situation than a year ago, I would say.
You hair look fine! I am not an expert, but for me it looks good. The hairline a little thinner, but for 40 years and without any treatment, i would way it is fine.
There are probably better user in the forum to give their opinions.

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got your PM. It looks good! You're 36 and full hair with good skin too. Left side is slightly thin. You're doing all you can with meds. If you're still not happy you can have a small transplant at the front to give you a symmetrical uniform type of hairline.
thanks a lot. I guess i will stay on meds and wait a little bit before i start thinking in a transplant.

Vanitykills

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You won't need a hair transplant.

The hairline is tighter. keep at it and it will only get better. Looks good. I'm at 6 years on Propecia. The hairs will cycle in even better over time.

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all!

Some of you might be interested on updates, so I am posting some current pics and feelings. To summarize, I am on finasteride and minoxidil (crown + temples) since November 2016, so almost 1.5 years. I know I still have full head of hair, but still kind of concern. I would say I am keeping most of my hair, but I still have the feeling I am loosing density. Not sure if my hair is miniaturizing in general and that is what makes me to have the feeling of less density, but when I touch my hair seems to be weaker or less than before. My temples receded, and you can see in the photos how specially my left one looks. I do not think they are receding crazily anymore, however they might receded a bit the last year. I can also see many small hairs all over my hairline (photo), but I think they are not growing more than what you can see in the photo (less than 1 inch-2 cm).

Thanks to everyone!

Attachments

• Untitled-7.jpg
    Untitled-7.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 171
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 175
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 188
  • Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 177

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Losing ground fast in RU.

Attachments

• D3F5F8CF-8B9C-4EE9-B87C-255F9532DD7E.jpeg
    D3F5F8CF-8B9C-4EE9-B87C-255F9532DD7E.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 181
  • D1DD2CDB-72EC-4FF7-A465-155752BB05D9.jpeg
    D1DD2CDB-72EC-4FF7-A465-155752BB05D9.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 151

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
Losing ground fast in RU.
Your hair does not look bad at all, and even less if you consider you are 40. I would not say you are loosing, but again, you know your hair better than anyone else. Same happens to me, I feel I am loosing it, even if people tell me I am not. I never tried RU, so I cannot help you much with that.

Good luck and i hope you will be fine!

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see much of a difference. Do you have any pictures of your hairline thicker than your current pics? It's much easier to compare dry hair pictures with hairline pulled back, since wet hair can clump up and depending on how it clumps up, can make one area seem worse than another.

I only use finasteride and see some regrowth/thickening. Reason I avoided minoxidil is, during my research for treatments, I read many reports that it loses it's effectiveness within 2 years. Unfortunately you're already using minoxidil and if you stop now, may induce a shed.

For me I had a good feeling that finasteride would work for me as my hair was miniaturized but was not aggressive. Looking at your hair, I don't really see much miniaturization for finasteride to help with. Looks like that's just your hairline all along?

I know at one point both my temple corners were practically bald, with not much hair, but I can definitely see recovery(less hairs in the telogen phase). I noticed recovery before finasteride after taking care of my scalp and keeping it healthier. Finasteride definitely made it thicker. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

shuting

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't see much of a difference. Do you have any pictures of your hairline thicker than your current pics? It's much easier to compare dry hair pictures with hairline pulled back, since wet hair can clump up and depending on how it clumps up, can make one area seem worse than another.

I only use finasteride and see some regrowth/thickening. Reason I avoided minoxidil is, during my research for treatments, I read many reports that it loses it's effectiveness within 2 years. Unfortunately you're already using minoxidil and if you stop now, may induce a shed.

For me I had a good feeling that finasteride would work for me as my hair was miniaturized but was not aggressive. Looking at your hair, I don't really see much miniaturization for finasteride to help with. Looks like that's just your hairline all along?

I know at one point both my temple corners were practically bald, with not much hair, but I can definitely see recovery(less hairs in the telogen phase). I noticed recovery before finasteride after taking care of my scalp and keeping it healthier. Finasteride definitely made it thicker. Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Here some dry hair pictures with hairline pulled back.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 159
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 157

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah not much of a difference, perhaps more hair are in the Telogen phase at the moment near your temples. It appears you'r maintaining and are not a great responder to finasteride. Since your hairloss is stable, implant is an option but still looks good IMO.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dude, you have the hair I used to have an year ago, when i was 19..
im jealous

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks!!! So you used to have that hair, and what about now? Did you keep it? Are you on meds? I am kind of keeping it...
Nah, I'd say im going towards nw2 and diffusing all over but it's not too bad yet