Post hair transplant - what should i be on

LFC

Reaction score
As a diffuse thinner, i've had 2000 grafts on top by Dr. Feller. He says i have plent of donor albeit thin donor, there's enough for another future procedure but obviously i want to keep as much as i have now. I've restarted Proscar, is it worth going on minoxidil? I was on it for a while a couple of years ago, didn't seem to do much at the time..
Also, for the post transplant, i'm shaving my head and want everything (normal hair wise as well as grafts) to grow as quickly as possible as i look like a crash test dummy without hair :) Is it worth adding MSM or alternatives? Shampoo wise, i use Dr Lee's regrowth shampoo - any concerns to be had there? I'm gonna email Doctor Feller with the same questions but wondering what the general consensus from you guys would be. Wasn't sure if this was better in this section or the hair transplant section, stuck it in here but mods feel free to move :)

amsch

Reaction score
Do you feel that with the hair transplant you'll be able to have a good amount of hair of your head? If yes, you should stick with Propecia alone (maybe add Nizoral).

LFC

Reaction score
I hope so, Dr Feller described it as female pattern loss as it was mainly down my middle parting that i had a lot of loss. He said pretty much most of the hair was gone from there anyway so concentrated on putting grafts in this area. He didn't go into the crown as much as what i would have liked but that was for futureproofing - i'm hoping that as it's mainly thinning in the crown rather than loss, that Proscar will thicken this bit up.
Is MSM worth taking regardless?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
LFC, I have diffuse thinning strickly down the middle of my hairline that stops at the middle of my scalp. My crown is normal. I thought it was usually risky transplanting hair in a diffuse area down the middle but I guess it can be done. Do you have any photos to show?

LFC

Reaction score
Hi mate, yeah i've got some pics in the transplant bit. Just to expand, mine started out like that but gradually went more diffure all over the top and in the crown. It's just my hairline wasn't affected as much although that thinned a bit with some temple recession. Dr Feller's done mainly the top of my head, he wasn't so worried about shockloss here as he thought most of the hair was gone anyway

gr0

Reaction score
cole seems to recommend using this shampoo after hair transplant

http://www.haircycle.com/catalog/hair-c ... -p-30.html

I just ordered a couple of bottles,

ingredients:
Purified Water, Polyglyceryl Laurate, Cocomidopropyl Betaine, Aloe Vera Gel, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Arnica Montana, Extracts of Rosemary, Lavender, Saw Palmetto, Grapefruit Seed and Grape Seed, DI-Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Papain/Bromelain, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Vitamin K, Biotin, Fragrance.

LFC

Reaction score
Thanks Gr0, i'll have a look into that shampoo and see if it'll ship to the UK. Did Dr Cole give any reasoning or is it more from experience? I had 2000 strip :)

LFC

Reaction score
By the way, where do most UK people get MSM from? Googled it but it's coming up with powder mainly - is this the main preparation or am i just being stupid? :)

Petchsky

Reaction score
Holland and Barrett, loads of places really sell MSM. Post H/T from what i've read buy aloe vera gel (cheaper option) for donor and recipient areas. Witch hazel can take the redness out once the grafts heal up... Graftcyte is a formula specially for H/T's - read up on this site may help - http://www.skinbiology.com/hairtransplantation.html.

As minoxidil is a growth stimulant you can start using this on your new grafts after two weeks post op, to kick start some growth, you don't have to stay on it, but i've heard it can help.

LFC

Reaction score
In terms of Minoxodil, is there a certain preparation that's favoured for post hair transplant use?
MSM is ordered :)

Petchsky

Reaction score
No, just normal run of the mill minoxidil will do, if you use after two weeks, for about two or more weeks, or could kick start some growth sooner as opposed to later.