possible progress

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone.
I don't want to get my hopes too high but...
I took pictures in April of my hair, wet, parted (I don't have any way to upload the pics). Anyway, I took pics again last month, same thing, and compared the two.
The part of my hair, especially in the middle to the back of the head, seems to be filling in. I showed the pics to a couple of other people and they saw the same thing.
So, maybe, just maybe, some progress is being made.

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I'm using 5% minoxidil a.m. and p.m.
25 mg of spironolactone 1 x a day
Nizoral shampoo 3 x per week.
I also use, for cosmetic purposes, any good thickening shampoo I can find. And Toppik and couvre to "mask" the scalp.
I don't want to get too terribly excited but there has been SOME improvement.
:)

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
oh, and I do use a multi vitamin with the "B's" and green tea extract (don't know if it's got anything to do with it but...)

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
oh, and I do use a multi vitamin with the "B's" and green tea extract (don't know if it's got anything to do with it but...)

Maxine

Reaction score
That's Great News!!!!!

YAYYYYYY!!!!! :) Congratulations!!!! Just out of curiousity. Are you having any trouble with facial hair? I too am on 5% minoxidil and growing pixie-like black fuzz on both my ear lobes. I'm like you, Lentara. The most dense, noticable hair growth for me has been on the crown of my head. Very sparse hair growth (if any) on the sides of my head where hair is extremely thin. But, it's only been 4 months of treatment for me so far so I shouldn't be worried yet. Research shows though that no product has been proven to grow hair back outside of the "Ludwig" pattern areas (the crown of the head on women). So, I am seriously doubtful I will ever see adequate hair growth on the sides of my head. Still, I'm happy to take anything I can get!!! Good news for you! I'm happy for you!
Maxine

lentara

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Maxine.
Thanks. :)
I don't want to get to excited but ANY progress is good. My sides are thin but it's the front bangs that are really bad.
I haven't noticed any hair around the ears. But I have noticed that the hair on my upper lip seems thicker and darker and I have to be VERY vigilant with hair removal. I usually don't go dripping Minoxidil on my face but still, I think it could be a by-product of it.
I'm thinking of supplementing Xandrox for one of my "regular" minoxidil applications.
Yeah, they say to give it at least 6 months to a year but patience is a hard thing when you're losing hair! :freaked:
Hang in and keep us posted on your progress!