Poor Craniofacial Development - One Of The Major Cause Of Hair Loss.

Do you believe that poor cranofacial is a predposidition to hair loss?

• Total voters

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is all false for the following reason. It is DHT sensitivity that causes the hair to fall out. If you claim it is less about DHT sensitivity because all men are DHT sensitive and it is about CD then why does transplant hair stay in the transplanted region? If it were truely based off head shape and design then the transplanted hair would also fall because of the same factors you were describing. Surprised this thread is still going on, ridiculous.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Often I wonder if head shape determines your balding pattern. it seems to me that certain head shapes often seem bald differently, which makes me think that your pattern is partly influenced by skull shape.

Balding men with a defined ridge/pointed skull tend to recede heavily but often keep some hair in the middle. It's as if the middle ridge puts most tension on the temple ridges and pulls the skin too tight, but prevents the top from completely going bald.

e.g.

- http://assets-jpcust.jwpsrv.com/thumbs/MErG6JY1.jpg

- https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cNdxTrla...2I78/s1600/balding-hairstyles-for-men-ht5.jpg

- https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-4wGTK3NP...v-km9Xs2M/s1600/Dwayne+The+Rock+Johnson-3.jpg

- https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVDsy_z2n2YqtdINVP4buWdWK0QInnemr4DBnUpLfpiis_Dmkx&usqp=CAU

-https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ac/24/5a/ac245a7505d831392ef3554ed7501997--bald-men-style-buzz-cuts.jpg

While men who go fully bald on top often tend to have more rounded/domed skull shapes.

e.g.

- https://www.listland.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/shutterstock_260892737-1.jpg

- https://www.hairstylo.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/men-who-rock-shaved-head-look-18.jpg

Yes, there must be a difference. Men who have smooth galeas are the ones who diffuse, while those with more ridged recede. I never thought about that.

This is all false for the following reason. It is DHT sensitivity that causes the hair to fall out. If you claim it is less about DHT sensitivity because all men are DHT sensitive and it is about CD then why does transplant hair stay in the transplanted region? If it were truely based off head shape and design then the transplanted hair would also fall because of the same factors you were describing. Surprised this thread is still going on, ridiculous.

Why do you still believe in this nonsense theory? It can't explain nothing. A theory turns into a fact when it can explain everything and it cannot be debunked.

I have gone through many theories but the Poor posture theory is the best.

My first theory was that balding is caused by hypertrophy of the scalp muscle due to stress and emotional tension. The answers of the questions according to this theory -

Why balding is often passed from father to son? - Father and son may respond to stress in similar way due to similar genes.

Why men do bald in a pattern?

- Because the mechanical tension is distributed differently throughout the galea.

WuB5JyIKMsqtcmJEsjzyh-jVUblbeok6jjmAt8kyv1RkK63_GB2YydX-nMjJD_mPKwJfx4QAfiD_gT3DuIJ280zfye03BcgF.jpg

Why is balding more common in older men when younger men produce more DHT? - because stress increases when you get older.

Why balding men have higher risk of heart disease? Because of the specific response to stress

Why do people with androgenetic alopecia often have vision problems? Because they strain their eyes due to stress response.

Why is it more common in overweight people because they eat more because of stress.

My next theory was that balding men have less subcutaneous fat in their scalp to protect their hair follicles from the mechanical tension of the scalp muscles which is similar in all men. According to this theory men who bald young are born with less subcutaneous fat in their scalp while those who bald later - it decreases with age. It can answer the following questions this way

Why baldness can be passed from father to son? - because father and son can have similar subcutaneous fat due to genetics.

Why is balding more common in older men when young men produces more DHT? Because young men have more subcutaneous fat.

This theory can't answer the following questions:

Why is it more common in overweight people?

Why male pattern baldness is associated with increased risk of heart disease?

and Why balding men often have vision problems?

The scull expansion theory, the gravity theory, the sensitivity to DHT theory all don't make any sense and can't answer amy questions.

I used to believe in my first two theories until I read the articles on tmdocclusion.com and I noticed that the vast majority of balding men have really poor cranofacial development and ALL balding men have poor postures. I noticed that baldness in more common in overweight people and balding people often have vision problems. Then I developped a new theory - the poor posture theory and this is the best theory that I formed. It answer the questions in the following way:

Why balding is often passed from father to son? Because you can inherit poor facial features from your father which may impact your posture.

Why is balding more common in older men when younger men produce more DHT? Because younger men on average have better posture and balding is normally very slow process unless it's sped up from external factors.

There are some unsolved mysteries that the subcutaneous fat and emotional tension theory didn't answer?

Why balding men have higher risk of heart disease? - because poor posture is associated with this risk.

Why is it common in overweight people - because overweight people are more llikely to have bad posture.

Why balding men are more likely to have vision problems ? - there is a link between bad vision and poor posture.

The external factors that can speed the balding process are instuline restitance and other disease that can cause evelated production of Sex hormone binding globulin which will lead to increased estrogen, prolactin and DHT levels and hence - more hair loss. Elevated prolatictin in men have an inflammatory effect. As I said the mechanical tension is the one that restricts the blood supply to tissues and induces epigenetic changes in the galea leading to increased 5 aplha reductase expression, reduced aromatase expression, increased TGF-B1 expression and inflammatory cytokines. DHT itself doesn't cause hair loss. The hair on the face have a lot of androgen receptors and 5 alpha reductase expression but doesn't thin and fall out.

Iambatmanco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, there must be a difference. Men who have smooth galeas are the ones who diffuse, while those with more ridged recede. I never thought about that.

So, you are saying that anyone, who wears glasses is going to be bald. My uncle wore glasses, from his school days and is overweight but still is a norwood 1.

Why do you still believe in this nonsense theory? It can't explain nothing. A theory turns into a fact when it can explain everything and it cannot be debunked.

My first theory was that balding is caused by hypertrophy of the scalp muscle due to stress and emotional tension. The answers of the questions according to this theory -

Why balding is often passed from father to son? - Father and son may respond to stress in similar way due to similar genes.

- Because the mechanical tension is distributed differently throughout the galea.

View attachment 143160

Why is balding more common in older men when younger men produce more DHT? - because stress increases when you get older.

Why balding men have higher risk of heart disease? Because of the specific response to stress

Why do people with androgenetic alopecia often have vision problems? Because they strain their eyes due to stress response.

Why is it more common in overweight people because they eat more because of stress.

My next theory was that balding men have less subcutaneous fat in their scalp to protect their hair follicles from the mechanical tension of the scalp muscles which is similar in all men. According to this theory men who bald young are born with less subcutaneous fat in their scalp while those who bald later - it decreases with age. It can answer the following questions this way

Why baldness can be passed from father to son? - because father and son can have similar subcutaneous fat due to genetics.

Why is balding more common in older men when young men produces more DHT? Because young men have more subcutaneous fat.

The scull expansion theory, the gravity theory, the sensitivity to DHT theory all don't make any sense and can't answer amy questions.

I used to believe in my first two theories until I read the articles on tmdocclusion.com and I noticed that the vast majority of balding men have really poor cranofacial development and ALL balding men have poor postures. I noticed that baldness in more common in overweight people and balding people often have vision problems. Then I developped a new theory - the poor posture theory and this is the best theory that I formed. It answer the questions in the following way:

Why balding is often passed from father to son? Because you can inherit poor facial features from your father which may impact your posture.

Why is balding more common in older men when younger men produce more DHT? Because younger men on average have better posture and balding is normally very slow process unless it's sped up from external factors.

There are some unsolved mysteries that the subcutaneous fat and emotional tension theory didn't answer?

Why balding men have higher risk of heart disease? - because poor posture is associated with this risk.

Why is it common in overweight people - because overweight people are more llikely to have bad posture.

Why balding men are more likely to have vision problems ? - there is a link between bad vision and poor posture.

The external factors that can speed the balding process are instuline restitance and other disease that can cause evelated production of Sex hormone binding globulin which will lead to increased estrogen, prolactin and DHT levels and hence - more hair loss. Elevated prolatictin in men have an inflammatory effect. As I said the mechanical tension is the one that restricts the blood supply to tissues and induces epigenetic changes in the galea leading to increased 5 aplha reductase expression, reduced aromatase expression, increased TGF-B1 expression and inflammatory cytokines. DHT itself doesn't cause hair loss. The hair on the face have a lot of androgen receptors and 5 alpha reductase expression but doesn't thin and fall out.

Iambatmanco

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 143160

So, you are saying that anyone who wears glasses will go bald, well my uncle wears glasses from his school days and is overweight. He is still a norwood 1 and his age is 58 now.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, you are saying that anyone who wears glasses will go bald, well my uncle wears glasses from his school days and is overweight. He is still a norwood 1 and his age is 58 now.

I didn't say that. If he has good posture he won't be bald.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score

Interesting question.
My answer is: type, thickness and hair density is inherited.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 143160

Tldr. K

Iambatmanco

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't say that. If he has good posture he won't be bald.
What I wanted to say that, there is no relation between vision and hairloss. I have seen many people with glasses having NW0. I don't wear glasses, but nearing a NW2 at the age of 26. One of my friend has a myopia of -10D and he is a NW0. He doesn't have a good posture, but good craniofacial development as per your theory. I have a good posture, I don't have a family history of balding, still I am approaching NW2. My grandfather is a NW2 at the age of 86. So according to me hairloss can't be explained from your theory.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I wanted to say that, there is no relation between vision and hairloss. I have seen many people with glasses having NW0. I don't wear glasses, but nearing a NW2 at the age of 26. One of my friend has a myopia of -10D and he is a NW0. He doesn't have a good posture, but good craniofacial development as per your theory. I have a good posture, I don't have a family history of balding, still I am approaching NW2. My grandfather is a NW2 at the age of 86. So according to me hairloss can't be explained from your theory.
If you have a Norwood 2 and no family history you will stay like that until you die.

Norwood 0 is when a man has same rounded hairline as he did before puberty. Men with that hairline have different immune response to androgens or something else and cranofacial development doesn't matter in this case as they will never be bald, no matter what they do.

Iambatmanco

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have a Norwood 2 and no family history you will stay like that until you die.

Norwood 0 is when a man has same rounded hairline as he did before puberty. Men with that hairline have different immune response to androgens or something else and cranofacial development doesn't matter in this case as they will never be bald, no matter what they do.
I stayed like that for the past 5-6 years but future is uncertain. I was never a NW1, so I am just observing for any further recession every month and here, what I am trying to say is hairloss is a complex topic, many factors contribute towards it.