Poll: What Shampoos Do you use?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This isn't a poll in the HairLossTalk.com traditional sense.

Revita is all I use. I'm looking to make my own shampoo someday soon enough though, will include some liquor carbonis detergens in it and i don't know what else. Probably some tea tree oil.

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Body Shop's Ginger (PTO) shampoo (once every 3 days), ACTIV-M, T-Gel, Nioxin and recently ordered Haircycle.

RAKBS

Established Member
Reaction score
T-Gel occasionally, but mostly I just use the cheapest shampoo I find on the shelf.

Jm0311

Reaction score
I have heard this T Gel quite abit....never used it.....what kind of gains would you expect from it? how different from Nizoral?

cypher

Reaction score
I've been using L'oreal Mens Vive Pro Daily Thickening and Nizoral of course. L'Oreal's shampoo is garbage and has done more harm than good so I'm switching to Thicker Fuller Hair Revitalizing Shampoo and see how that goes. My next choice would be American Crew's new Teatree shampoo just because it sounds like it might do some good.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
Jasons
Nizoral
Dermarest
and a couple others now and then.

I agree L'oreal is garbage. after a couple uses it makes your hair feel like it's coated chemicals and holds it down. Jasons, despite smelling like toilet cleaning stuff, is the best thickening shampoo i've tried so far. No thickening shampoo makes much of a difference but the jasons stuff gives it a little extra poof and leaves it soft. The conditioner is nice to use after nizoral days too.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The benefit is the ingredient 'pictorine olamine' (I spelt that completely wrong). You can only find this in the yellowish t gel in europe not the brown coal tar one. Always go for yellow t gel! I myself use this and Nizoral. I rotate. Though ocassionally if I am feeling sexy I will use the Min New York range.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Lamas Chinese Herb Shampoo and Conditioner
Nizoral 2% twice per week
Jason's Thin to Thick Shampoo if I'm having a thin day

I have previously used:

MIN detox, wash and fortify
Revita
Jason's Thin to Thick Conditioner
Avdea Pureformance Shampoo and Conditioner