Polarityte Update (demonstrates The Broad Utility Of This Novel Product Beyond Burn Care)

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He meant that Follica is so far away and sometimes delusional like Brotzu because of the non existent release date non effectiveness

Yea delaying to optimize something they’ve already achieved though is a better way to look at it. It’s not like we don’t know now that we can create NEW hair follicles. That’s already progress that exists right now that Follica has achieved. Maybe that 25/cm squared is a best case result, but the reality is that they made NEW follicles. Even if they don’t achieve anything else, at least we know that this is possible now and someone else can pick up the bat and take a swing at it too.

It may take years, but sh*t it’s better than no evidence to suggest this is even possible. Plus it changes the status quo a little to influence some better treatments than just maintaining what you have or should I say: what you have left.

Of course if Tsuji succeeds then they’ll be a league ahead of Follica and we can forget about most treatments.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea delaying to optimize something they’ve already achieved though is a better way to look at it. It’s not like we don’t know now that we can create NEW hair follicles. That’s already progress that exists right now that Follica has achieved. Maybe that 25/cm squared is a best case result, but the reality is that they made NEW follicles. Even if they don’t achieve anything else, at least we know that this is possible now and someone else can pick up the bat and take a swing at it too.

It may take years, but sh*t it’s better than no evidence to suggest this is even possible. Plus it changes the status quo a little to influence some better treatments than just maintaining what you have or should I say: what you have left.

Of course if Tsuji succeeds then they’ll be a league ahead of Follica and we can forget about most treatments.
İn the end it's just one question...is it out or not... theoretical 25 hairs or 125 hairs won't help us. We need them to be released to compare. Like you said it won't be significant if it takes more time than Tsuji

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
İn the end it's just one question...is it out or not... theoretical 25 hairs or 125 hairs won't help us. We need them to be released to compare. Like you said it won't be significant if it takes more time than Tsuji

That’s IF Tsuji succeeds. If they don’t, then we would be back at square 1. Theoretically it won’t help you’re right until the human pilot study. You don’t need them to be released tomorrow though. You can’t dismiss research just because they have delayed twice to optimize something as much as possible. Tsuji’s recent discoveries are also theoretical if we thought that way which means everything would be delusional at this point including Tsuji. As long as one of them works we can build upon that research.

The point I’m trying to get across though is that people should worry first about whether the product works or not before getting worked up about market and release dates. At the very least Follica has proof of concept, but with the added bonus that it has verifiable evidence from other sources such as the Durhat study. You also have YouTubers who blogged their entire journey with wounding + minoxidil for just a year to grow beards and those guys are walking around right now with a groomed mane under their chin.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s IF Tsuji succeeds. If they don’t, then we would be back at square 1. Theoretically it won’t help you’re right until the human pilot study. You don’t need them to be released tomorrow though. You can’t dismiss research just because they have delayed twice to optimize something as much as possible. Tsuji’s recent discoveries are also theoretical if we thought that way which means everything would be delusional at this point including Tsuji. As long as one of them works we can build upon that research.

The point I’m trying to get across though is that people should worry first about whether the product works or not before getting worked up about market and release dates. At the very least Follica has proof of concept, but with the added bonus that it has verifiable evidence from other sources such as the Durhat study. You also have YouTubers who blogged their entire journey with wounding + minoxidil for just a year to grow beards and those guys are walking around right now with a groomed mane under their chin.
Yeah proof of concept etc and still I'm balding despite wounding+minoxidil+Ru+dutasteride+finasteride. The same question has to be answered for ALL treatments, Follica too. İf I'm not able to use it NOW and don't have at least some hair back it's completely theoritcal for me too. I get your point, but really don't know if they ever release it just like Brotzu or Tsuji.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah proof of concept etc and still I'm balding despite wounding+minoxidil+Ru+dutasteride+finasteride. The same question has to be answered for ALL treatments, Follica too. İf I'm not able to use it NOW and don't have at least some hair back it's completely theoritcal for me too. I get your point, but really don't know if they ever release it just like Brotzu or Tsuji.

How deep are you needling? 2mm? That’s definitely what I’d use to wound on the scalp.

One tip to note that most might not know about is that scalp skin and its layers are actually thicker than pretty much any other area of the body.

Forget about the commercialization timeline. All we should worry about is if some of that theoretical research gets proven to work in humans. Then after, everyone can discuss timelines to get treated and be on their way.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
How deep are you needling? 2mm? That’s definitely what I’d use to wound on the scalp.

One tip to note that most might not know about is that scalp skin and its layers are actually thicker than pretty much any other area of the body.

Forget about the commercialization timeline. All we should worry about is if some of that theoretical research gets proven to work in humans. Then after, everyone can discuss timelines to get treated and be on their way.
Using a dermapen with adjustable needles, so it depends but mostly going full lenght or close to it

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Using a dermapen with adjustable needles, so it depends but mostly going full lenght or close to it

Pass through the same area several times until the point of erythema. A little blood is fine. Also, some people have waited 24 hours before applying minoxidil. There’s a reason for that, but I can’t seem to remember at the moment. Hyaluronic acid is usually applied right after wounding so that moisture can be sucked in.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pass through the same area several times until the point of erythema. A little blood is fine. Also, some people have waited 24 hours before applying minoxidil. There’s a reason for that, but I can’t seem to remember at the moment. Hyaluronic acid is usually applied right after wounding so that moisture can be sucked in.
I'm going for erythema like you said, but applying a cocktail mix from my Doctor based on biotin and several other compounds that she usually injects into the scalp for a combined prp treatment. After 24 hours normal routine of Min+dutasteride+finasteride+ru.

Tano1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going for erythema like you said, but applying a cocktail mix from my Doctor based on biotin and several other compounds that she usually injects into the scalp for a combined prp treatment. After 24 hours normal routine of Min+dutasteride+finasteride+ru.

Nice. Notice any scarring on your scalp or does the skin heal up pretty well? How long have you been doing this for also

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice. Notice any scarring on your scalp or does the skin heal up pretty well? How long have you been doing this for also
Used a 1.5 dermastamp since June and dermapen since December. No scarring seen until now, but maybe I'm just a little bit crazy and don't care lol.

Takes up to 4-5 days to fully heal, hurts/gets itchy a little bit while sleeping at day 1-3. Doing it every 2 weeks, but thinking about changing to every 3-4 weeks.

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did this not get posted?

https://ir.polarityte.com/press-releases/detail/419

"PolarityTE, Inc. (NASDAQ:COOL), today announced that initial results from the clinical applications of the commercially launched SkinTE are yielding outcomes that are correlative with the Company’s preclinical research (as highlighted in the Company’s recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K), which resulted in regenerative healing of full-thickness hair-bearing skin, including all layers (epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis) and glands. "

This is good right?

br1

Reaction score
Did this not get posted?

https://ir.polarityte.com/press-releases/detail/419

"PolarityTE, Inc. (NASDAQ:COOL), today announced that initial results from the clinical applications of the commercially launched SkinTE are yielding outcomes that are correlative with the Company’s preclinical research (as highlighted in the Company’s recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K), which resulted in regenerative healing of full-thickness hair-bearing skin, including all layers (epidermis, dermis, and hypodermis) and glands. "

This is good right?

Yes, though it seems to be a lightyear away. Hope not.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, though it seems to be a lightyear away. Hope not.
Why away? They say that it works like it should have, it's commercially available (not large scale) and works perfectly. İt's the only thing that grows new hair for decades and not just on damned mice...

br1

Reaction score
Why away? They say that it works like it should have, it's commercially available (not large scale) and works perfectly. İt's the only thing that grows new hair for decades and not just on damned mice...
So, can we buy it and get hair back?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, can we buy it and get hair back?
Let's try burning your head away? Should definitely help :) at least it works and if we think about how fast this guys proceed it shouldn't be a suprise if they speed things up for the hair regeneration Therapy

br1

Reaction score
Let's try burning your head away? Should definitely help :) at least it works and if we think about how fast this guys proceed it shouldn't be a suprise if they speed things up for the hair regeneration Therapy
That's what I am saying.. Lets HOPE they do something for hairloss.. Because it always seems to be the LAST thing any scientist goes after..

I am tired of *good news* like this one.. they create hype and then nobody ever hears about it again.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's what I am saying.. Lets HOPE they do something for hairloss.. Because it always seems to be the LAST thing any scientist goes after..

I am tired of *good news* like this one.. they create hype and then nobody ever hears about it again.
At least it ain't mice... Still a better option/hope than brotzu

Reactions: br1

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, sounds good. But where are pics?