Polarityte Update (demonstrates The Broad Utility Of This Novel Product Beyond Burn Care) | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums

Polarityte Update (demonstrates The Broad Utility Of This Novel Product Beyond Burn Care)

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by Xaser94, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Tano1

Tano1 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The biopsy has to be a few cm squared at minimum is what Swanson told me they’d take. So although it hasn’t been tested on cases such as ours, there is one thing that would be inevitable and that would be the biopsy scar.

So I guess the question you should ask yourself is if you’re willing to trade some white dot scars for a visible linear scar a couple of cm long. Plus the white dot scars would have to be excised as well probably through a punch.

At that point it starts looking to be too invasive to me.

Hate da Bt likes this.
  2. Hate da Bt

Hate da Bt Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks for the reply.
    Scars are already removed and resutured with the aim of reducing their size.
    Wounds can remain open for a certain period of time, but that is not the case for healthy individuals, you are right.
    We shall wait and see.

3. MrV88

MrV88 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So the only possible way for a treatment would be to exchange FUE scars for a FUT scar that can be healed to a certain amount? Theoretically

4. Tano1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That’s only if there is optimal (enough) hair regeneration. He told me as SkinTE stands today, would have to be “altered” to be able to provide a solution for the balding patients that could be satisfactory.

So while the biopsy can be expanded to cover a bigger defect, it’s not clear if when they expand it if hair follicles are multiplied as a result. In one swine image it showed that the swine recovered its hair, but they took a biopsy from a spot that had a ton of hair I believe.

This is for burn patients ideally, but they want to bring out derivative products to address issues such as hair too. So the only question that remains is if from the initial biopsy, does additional hair grow when the paste is applied onto the wound? Because you have to think how much hair does a person have on average per cm squared? Let’s say 90 just for the argument’s sake and they take the biopsy with the full 90 hairs. You place it on a strip scar that totals to be double that of your biopsy size, so would only those 90 hairs be extended across the whole strip being addressed? Would there be some type of factors that cause multiple follicles to grow in the paste over the whole area? Or both?

That’s what I don’t know yet since he didn’t elaborate more on that and I’m assuming they have run into some hurdles with it based on his response that they hope to clear with one of their derivative products.

MrV88 likes this.
  5. MrV88

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So in the end even they don't know how the results will be and there is a big possibility that this product has to be altered for us. Bye bye hype :(

6. Tano1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    No they know the results, he just didn’t go more in depth with me over it. There is clearly some obstacle preventing them from issuing this to balding patients, but at least he stated that they are working on it in their R & D Department right now. 1H 2018 they’ll be releasing results from these first patients that have already undergone treatment. So first we have to wait and see if we would get an acceptable cosmetic outcome in terms of skin, then we can wait on their news for hair.

7. MrV88

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Still earlier than anything else

8. dermrafok

dermrafok Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    #28 dermrafok, Dec 16, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  9. Tano1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    DF43476A-7961-426E-A67D-5DA20A3DF1ED.jpeg
    I’ve attached their actual pipeline from their own site. The link you gave me is a random article from back in June. Their pipeline WAS initially to go into limited market release in 2018 but that was fast forwarded to now.

They have already undergone a limited commercial release. SkinTE is being used right now on patients in select burn centers (15 I think) as the link by OP states. What I was talking about with 1H 2018 is the release of their results. They will also be gradually expanding commercial availability to the entire US throughout 2018.

Xaser94 and dermrafok like this.
  10. Xaser94

Xaser94 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, atleast we know they are working on something for us. Hopefully it wont need further fda trials.

dermrafok, That Guy and Jonnyyy like this.
  11. thomps1523

thomps1523 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    How difficult would I.t be to get in touch with them again for a potential Q&A? Did you catch them purely by luck, or do you have a means to get in touch with them?

Jonnyyy likes this.
  12. Tano1

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Me and another person from a skin care group both got in touch with them and asked a variety of questions, but it took us a couple of e-mails and we set up a phone conversation. If you are trying to get answers for hair regeneration then I can just save you the time right now and tell you that you won’t be getting anything more than what I’ve already stated here. Believe me, I tried. Their main focus right now is the success of their recent market release of their SkinTE product

By all means you can ask if they have an update on their derivative product for hair regeneration, but I doubt they’d release any information on that this early. Go on their site.

13. jamesbooker1975

jamesbooker1975 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Wonder Why they put this image on their site, :
    manufacturing-process.jpg

dermrafok likes this.
  14. That Guy

That Guy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Someone on the HLC2020 blog shared this new article, which is published by an organization who previously sang this company's praises.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4130500-polarityte-investors-beware

Not good.

Basically, the company is the result of SIX reverse mergers over the years. Simply put, they fear that it is the next in line for a string of failed "story stocks". That is, a stock that's value is based on expected/predicted future outcomes rather than anything tangible.

Further, the company exists only because of a pending patent application. The company had no employees or operations...just the pending application.

Definitely calls their legitimacy into question.

15. Spanishboy97

Spanishboy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Weren't they supposed to be operating in some hospitals already?

16. dermrafok

dermrafok Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @That Guy .Maybe it's not perfect...But this need not be viewed with alarm. SkinTE is already being marketed and performed in some patients. Excellent news.

inmyhead likes this.
  17. Xaser94

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.ptcommunity.com/wire/po...campus-and-corporate-headquarters-meet-demand

PolarityTE, Inc. (NASDAQ:COOL) today officially announced that the company has continued to expand its R&D and biomedical manufacturing capabilities and moved its corporate headquarters to a 200,000 ft2 multi-facility “PolarityTE Campus.

Slated to open in early 2018, the new Polarity corporate campus will centralize core company departments related to basic biomedical R&D, pre-clinical research, as well as provide another site for the manufacturing of the now commercially available SkinTE™ product. The campus will also house the “Telogen Effluvium” development hub for the Company’s pipeline of products and technology derivatives of which OsteoTE™ is set for expected commercialization in late 2018.

“With the expansive addition of the new PolarityTE campus, we hope to meet the impressive demand we have already received for SkinTE, while allowing us to grow our company, develop our core pipeline tissues and further evolve our technology platforms at an even more accelerated rate,” said Dr. Denver Lough, Chief Executive Officer of PolarityTE. “Our newly integrated headquarters and manufacturing facilities underscores PolarityTE’s commitment to growing our commercial operations and capabilities nationally, as well as our continued dedication to the development of pragmatic biomedical technologies and regenerative materials.”

MrV88 and NimuDash like this.
  18. NimuDash

NimuDash Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    But Telogen Effluvium is almost always temporal. Why does it need at treatment first?
    But they are doing hair and they are doing now. Good to know.

Edit: Oh wait, this is just a forum malfunction, turning T E to Telogen Effluvium.

Xaser94 likes this.
  19. MrV88

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Seems like they do have employees :)

20. Xaser94

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that's so weird. If I got to edit it says Telogen Effluvium not telogen effluvium. Anyone else have annoying and intrusive ads on mobile with this site as of lately?

Edit: Wtf....lmao I guess i can't say it. Everyone just read the article and find out what it really says

#40 Xaser94, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Spanishboy97 likes this.