Please tell me how fucked i am? Where am i on norwood?

Vomit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is taking me seriously when i say i think im balding. They just call it a mature hairline. Help me out please

Attachments

• CC1762CA-1EBA-4AE3-A097-26C72A531B15.jpeg
    CC1762CA-1EBA-4AE3-A097-26C72A531B15.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 363
  • C9C39960-36A3-4A03-A53B-76201666F173.jpeg
    C9C39960-36A3-4A03-A53B-76201666F173.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 374

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think anyone is taking me seriously when i say i think im balding. They just call it a mature hairline. Help me out please
I think that you are okay. You have a hair artifact that is unusual in front of your ears but I don't think you are losing hair there. Some guys seem to have this piece of hair that juts forward from in front of the ears like you do. I think the maturing hairline is more so in the temples. Anyway, if you don't get many answers then that is good. People tend not to respond if they think the guy's hair is all right and yours appears to be.

Vomit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that you are okay. You have a hair artifact that is unusual in front of your ears but I don't think you are losing hair there. Some guys seem to have this piece of hair that juts forward from in front of the ears like you do. I think the maturing hairline is more so in the temples. Anyway, if you don't get many answers then that is good. People tend not to respond if they think the guy's hair is all right and yours appears to be.
Thank you, is the spot thats like a triangle not the temple area? Thats what im worried about here, like the triangle getting deeper where my hair parts

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, is the spot thats like a triangle not the temple area? Thats what im worried about here, like the triangle getting deeper where my hair parts
Yes. I don't know if we have a name for this hair pattern but it is pretty common. Al Pacino has this but less so than do you. Andy Garcia has something similar as well as does Nicholson and Christian Slater. I had a pic but the site seems to never have pics loading. But there are two triangles. The temple triangles matter but the triangle in front of the ears seems to just be a male hair pattern not associated with hair loss in itself. Slater and Nicholson went on to lose hair in the temple area but Pacino and Garcia have held on pretty well. I don't find any of these guys attractive unlike say Brad Pitt but once I started losing my hair in my teens, I became obsessed with hair loss pattern recognition among males, somewhat out of personal preservation. It's nothing that can be proved but you get a feel for types of pattern loss that are indicative of stability, and this is the maturing hairline that everyone hopes for and then, I can look at other guys who post pics and you can tell that the whole scalp is just hanging by a thread even if it still looks decent.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally think this is the beginning of hair loss. Your hairline has that chewed look and just seems to look off, unnatural. I don't see an end point i.e a point of maturing beyond that recession which is being displayed in the photos which is a big giveaway in my opinion. Then again I'm no expert so I could be wrong.. how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I started treatments at your level. It's up to you if you want to do the same. I hope you can take me seriously too. And please change your user name as it makes me want to "vomit".

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally think this is the beginning of hair loss. Your hairline has that chewed look and just seems to look off, unnatural. I don't see an end point i.e a point of maturing beyond that recession which is being displayed in the photos which is a big giveaway in my opinion. Then again I'm no expert so I could be wrong.. how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Getting a mature hairline (around a NW2) is the same process as balding. Hence, the chewed up look has nothing to do with it being maturing or balding. People in the process of maturing have a chewed up region but it’s limited to the front half inch of hairline. I don’t think you can say from these pictures he is balding.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting a mature hairline (around a NW2) is the same process as balding. Hence, the chewed up look has nothing to do with it being maturing or balding. People in the process of maturing have a chewed up region but it’s limited to the front half inch of hairline. I don’t think you can say from these pictures he is balding.
NW2 is not balding. My father and my grandfather both have norwood 2's, albeit my grandfathers moved up a bit more once he hit his 60's but they maintained a solid norwood 2 throughout their entire adulthood. The idea of a mature hairline does exist hence why it's so tricky to just diagnose someone with male pattern baldness.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
NW2 is not balding. My father and my grandfather both have norwood 2's, albeit my grandfathers moved up a bit more once he hit his 60's but they maintained a solid norwood 2 throughout their entire adulthood. The idea of a mature hairline does exist hence why it's so tricky to just diagnose someone with male pattern baldness.
Yes I agree with you that a mature hairline exists. This is where your temples and front of hairline are highly sensitive to DHT and hence the hairline moves up from its original position. Both male pattern baldness and a‘ mature hairline’ are caused by DHT, a mature hairline isn’t some magical other phenomenon. It’s a mild version of the disease, male pattern baldness, that often stabilises for years after the initial recession. A chewed up look in the front half inch of someones hairline isn’t something to be worried, whilst a person is maturing, as long as there thinning dosent extend a lot further into the scalp. In essence a mature hairline is just male pattern baldness in the temples and very front of hairline. I don’t think you have enough knowledge on the subject to be telling someone there going bald when you don’t even know what a mature hairline is

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairline has a similar shape, it could probably be considered "irregular". That looks like my hair not too long before I noticed actual hair loss. IMO at least stick with a preventative regimen, and live your life. Btw, overall your density is very good.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's how my hair loss started. In my opinion, if it was a maturing hairline you wouldn't notice any thinning, it would just slowly go back at your temples but keep its density. I read somewhere that you don't notice thinning till 50% of your hair in that area has already gone which indicates a more aggressive type of male pattern baldness that is not a maturing hairline.

tggill32

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's how my hair loss started. In my opinion, if it was a maturing hairline you wouldn't notice any thinning, it would just slowly go back at your temples but keep its density. I read somewhere that you don't notice thinning till 50% of your hair in that area has already gone which indicates a more aggressive type of male pattern baldness that is not a maturing hairline.
Incorrect. Maturing and male pattern baldness are the same process. Hence, with a mature hairline you notice thinning to a certain point, typically about 1.5cm from your juvenile hairline. Everyone’s hair looked like his at one stage but yours just progressed past what would be considered mature.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't look alarming to me. Your sides/temples might thin but that doesn't mean you will go bald. If it concerns you, start treatments. My hair looks similar to yours, but the left temple is thinning more for me.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Incorrect. Maturing and male pattern baldness are the same process. Hence, with a mature hairline you notice thinning to a certain point, typically about 1.5cm from your juvenile hairline. Everyone’s hair looked like his at one stage but yours just progressed past what would be considered mature.
I think he meant if you are just receding and not thinning anywhere else on your scalp its just forming a mature hairline but if your are thinning in other areas you are forming a mature hairline and have classic male pattern balding. I think we need to categorize male pattern balding into premature and mature. Premature is when you have it an age when most people don't get it. And mature is when most men tend to get it.

Jpw1999

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard people say that the hairline is sensitive to testosterone which is why peoples hairlines apparently get destroyed on dutasteride, maybe a mature hairline is not caused by dht but testosterone? which is why it never progresses into full blown male pattern baldness?

jazz1

Reaction score
Judging by your first picture there seems to be slight thinning for sure, have you seen a dermatologist?