Please provide any opinions or assistance

Californiakid45

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a long time reader of the forms. This is my first post. I’m grateful for the assistance everyone provides. Thanks in advance for reading my story.

I am 31 years old. I’ve always had a high-ish hairline. In March 2020 I noticed my hairline was thinning a tad. The first two photos are from Spring 2020. It really wasn’t a drastic difference from my hair prior to this realization. For example, all my family and friends say they didn’t notice any changes in my hair.

I didn’t keep that close of tabs on it for the next year. However, I noticed it receding just a tad more at the temples around January 2021. It looks like there is less density where I part my hair, which can also be seen in the first photo. Though I’ve always had a lot of hair, my hair is naturally very, very thin.

Anyways, I started Finasteride 0.5 everyday on March 1st. I’ve had no sides. I’m not sure anything has gotten visibly worse. When I do run my hand through my hair I do lose a hair or two nearly every time. The final two pictures are current.

My questions are: did I make the right choice starting Finasteride? Also, I do have ketoconazole shampoo (2%), but have yet to start using it - would you recommend me adding this to my regimen?

Once again thanks for any help you guys can provide, I appreciate it!

Attachments

• 1257BE7D-27F9-4376-A14B-472A0F52BDD6.jpeg
    1257BE7D-27F9-4376-A14B-472A0F52BDD6.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 146
  • EE2AE611-E62E-4DF2-B598-7B29B16648DA.jpeg
    EE2AE611-E62E-4DF2-B598-7B29B16648DA.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 148
  • E21A6B2A-3622-40EC-9C04-E210EED39EAE.jpeg
    E21A6B2A-3622-40EC-9C04-E210EED39EAE.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 139
  • F7F72F9D-592F-4ADB-976E-BCFBA4DC15FD.jpeg
    F7F72F9D-592F-4ADB-976E-BCFBA4DC15FD.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 146

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a long time reader of the forms. This is my first post. I’m grateful for the assistance everyone provides. Thanks in advance for reading my story.

I am 31 years old. I’ve always had a high-ish hairline. In March 2020 I noticed my hairline was thinning a tad. The first two photos are from Spring 2020. It really wasn’t a drastic difference from my hair prior to this realization. For example, all my family and friends say they didn’t notice any changes in my hair.

I didn’t keep that close of tabs on it for the next year. However, I noticed it receding just a tad more at the temples around January 2021. It looks like there is less density where I part my hair, which can also be seen in the first photo. Though I’ve always had a lot of hair, my hair is naturally very, very thin.

Anyways, I started Finasteride 0.5 everyday on March 1st. I’ve had no sides. I’m not sure anything has gotten visibly worse. When I do run my hand through my hair I do lose a hair or two nearly every time. The final two pictures are current.

My questions are: did I make the right choice starting Finasteride? Also, I do have ketoconazole shampoo (2%), but have yet to start using it - would you recommend me adding this to my regimen?

You definitely are in the early stage hair loss. You were right to start on finasteride. If you want to add some growth you will need to add minoxidil. Keto shampoo is fine but maybe only use if a few times per week.

Californiakid45

My Regimen
Reaction score
You definitely are in the early stage hair loss. You were right to start on finasteride. If you want to add some growth you will need to add minoxidil. Keto shampoo is fine but maybe only use if a few times per week.

thank you so much for the response! (and the confirmation starting finasteride was the correct choice)

I think I’m going to hold off on minoxidil for now. If I want to just maintain where my hair is now and strengthen the hair I already have, would adding the keto shampoo be a good choice? Is there any risk in adding the shampoo? Should I expect any shedding once I start using it; I’m planning on using the shampoo 2x per day.

I appreciate your knowledge on the subject.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you so much for the response! (and the confirmation starting finasteride was the correct choice)

I think I’m going to hold off on minoxidil for now. If I want to just maintain where my hair is now and strengthen the hair I already have, would adding the keto shampoo be a good choice? Is there any risk in adding the shampoo? Should I expect any shedding once I start using it; I’m planning on using the shampoo 2x per day.

I appreciate your knowledge on the subject.
You wouldn't want to use it twice a day. Your hair will look awful. As someone told me, use it twice a week, thrice at most. Not everyday though.

Californiakid45

My Regimen
Reaction score
You wouldn't want to use it twice a day. Your hair will look awful. As someone told me, use it twice a week, thrice at most. Not everyday though.

haha, oops - yeah I meant I plan on using it 2x a week. Thanks for the correction! Is there any risk in using this shampoo?

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
haha, oops - yeah I meant I plan on using it 2x a week. Thanks for the correction! Is there any risk in using this shampoo?
When I used first time I was facing a heavy shed. It made me think the keto was making it worse, but it wasn't. I'm using it again now and it does wonders, my shedding is very little.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
No risk. If your scalp gets too dry and then use Regenepure DR. I like that better since it has other good stuff in it.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Yes this is a receding hairline my friend, but the density is great and it’s good that you caught it early. It reminds me of tennis ace Leyton Hewitt's hairline.

Californiakid45

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes this is a receding hairline my friend, but the density is great and it’s good that you caught it early. It reminds me of tennis ace Leyton Hewitt's hairline.

Haha, I’m sure like many on here I am always looking at celebrities hairlines, comparing them to my own. I looked up Hewitt’s and they do look quite similar!

Thanks a lot for the reply