Please Help! Very Stubborn Hair System

Werty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I’ve just taken the plunge and bought my first hair system from total cover plus. The colour match is great, but the system itself seems incredibly stubborn. It feels like I literally have a rug on my head.

Is this what wearing a hair piece is like? Or am I doing something wrong?

Will it calm down? Or is it just mega dense? It’s absolutely nothing like my original hair. Every morning it feels like it’s totally bunched up further on top of my head and I have to fight it to lag a little flatter.

Please help!

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Werty

Sorry to hear you are having those issues. That is not at all what wearing a system should feel like. You should be able to forget it's there most of the time. I have to say though, I don't think Total Cover Plus are selling the best systems for the average guy, so it may be you will have to move on to a second unit before you get one that feels better. I know that's not what you want to hear when you have just committed a significant amount of money to TCP.

Returning to the immediate situation, I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "stubborn"? Is it just the hair which is unmanageable, or is it the base of the piece itself? Does it look OK, or is the look off as well? Could you give a bit more detail?

Noah

chrisforhair

Reaction score
Hi

I’ve just taken the plunge and bought my first hair system from total cover plus. The colour match is great, but the system itself seems incredibly stubborn. It feels like I literally have a rug on my head.

Is this what wearing a hair piece is like? Or am I doing something wrong?

Will it calm down? Or is it just mega dense? It’s absolutely nothing like my original hair. Every morning it feels like it’s totally bunched up further on top of my head and I have to fight it to lag a little flatter.

Please help!
Hi, Sorry things aren't going so good. It does take time both for systems to settle in, and for you to get used to having something on your scalp. A Lot is determined by the base you purchased, did you have a professional do the cut in and attachment? Even though many of these online sellers claim they do the cut for you, my feeling is that the only good cut can be done on your head. You should post photos, it will tell us more.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen their videos online, and I am sorry to say, they look incredibly fake. The hairlines (or even the hair itself) does not look natural. I only saw one customer, who looked awesome, it was a guy with grey hair in Brighton, where they did an undercut, and he wore it in a quiff that dropped forward (not exposing the hairline), it looked great.

Maybe try someone else?

Tom Williams

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Werty,

Can you update with some pics.

I think you and I have had a similar experience.

I have written a thread on here about it called hair system fitted and i'm freaking out. Maybe you can relate.

I didn't get mine from TCP as seen their payment option wasn't for me and I'd seen some indifferent reviews.

Mine though when fitted looked like I was trying to be a 40 year old member or one direction. It felt huge on my head and like a big thick rug. It does calm down and becomes less bouncy. I use a leave in conditioning spray every day to keep it feeling fresh. I also got intouch with a wig make who massively thinned it out and cut possibly half the length.

Don't forget it's a lifestyle change. For me i was concious about people noticing my balding, then I was concious about wearing a system.

You will get used to it and you will find the best products that work for you, I have.

Please post pics and keep us updated.

Baldingat23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I came across this place called New Roots and their results are always stellar. I'm not sure what they do different compared to other places but here's a video

Noah

Reaction score
It's a nice result, but you can see that there is nothing special going on. It's just a good quality lace system, but tastefully designed, with a perfect colour match, not too much density and a hairline contour which suits the guy's age and face shape. Nothing you couldn't do yourself. It helps that the model has good thick side hair. I have noticed that system adverts nearly always feature guys with good side hair - it makes it much easier to get an attractive result.