Please Help! Very Stubborn Hair System

Werty

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi

I’ve just taken the plunge and bought my first hair system from total cover plus. The colour match is great, but the system itself seems incredibly stubborn. It feels like I literally have a rug on my head.

Is this what wearing a hair piece is like? Or am I doing something wrong?

Will it calm down? Or is it just mega dense? It’s absolutely nothing like my original hair. Every morning it feels like it’s totally bunched up further on top of my head and I have to fight it to lag a little flatter.

Please help!

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wrong forum for that, but if you've only just got it, surely the people who sold it to you would be the first stop?

ainsley_harriott

My Regimen
Reaction score
Something with Jojoba Seed Oil. You can pick one up from wallmart for under 5 dollars. Also Hairpiece shops will sell their own leave in condtioner. Best to experiment with what works for you. Argan Oil is also a good product to have. You need to have half leave in condition half disstilled water in a small spray bottle. You essentially need to carry this around with you 24/7 and spray every time you go to the bathroom. You need to keep the hair hydrated because it will not oil itself as it's not your own hair. spray .. pat it down... it should look more presentable. If this still fails get a european hair system instead of Indian hair or a full cap will eliminate the problem of the blend of a topper. Go to hairpiece forums. People on these forums with the greatest respect haven't a clue compared to the hairpiece forums.
Usually the problem is with the supplier. different suppliers will give drastically different results. You should ask for the hair to fall forward because if you selected freestyle it will just poof up and everyone can tell it's a rug. It's hit and miss. If you are persistent you will be able to slowly ameliorate your progress.
If this is the route you want to go down good luck to you. I personally think you should just keep the back and sides short .. grow out the top and dump concealers until new treatments come out. You will save time, money and not have the psychological annoyance of wearing. But it's your call.

Last edited: