Please help. Oral minoxidil is making my hair thinner than ever.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I’ve been on oral min for about 2 and a half months now. Still shedding. I can see my scalp now in the front and crown. Anyone have this happen? Recover? Let me know.
I haven’t heard much of a prolonged shed like this on oral min. Have you stopped topical min recently? What’s your oral dosage?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
God I f*****g hope so. I’m also on dutasteride, ru, fluridil, and alfatridiol LOL.
Nice stack. I’m sure it’s a shed. If it keeps getting worse near the end of month 3, then I would think about increasing the dose or dropping it and sticking with topical

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice stack. I’m sure it’s a shed. If it keeps getting worse near the end of month 3, then I would think about increasing the dose or dropping it and sticking with topical
Most I’ll do is 5mf. I’d do 2.5 in am and pm. But I’d like not to if I don’t have to

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
im on 5 oral now, but for like two weeks only, before that i did 2,5 for like three weeks, dropped topical about two month ago... no shed and nothing somehow, but also still no improvement...
make of that what you want...
im also sure it might be just a shed (i never had any, no matter wether i switched medications, added something else and whatever... to the point that i sometimes think that everything i bought is actually fake^^)...

are ru and fluridil working? since i see no improvements, im always thinking about trying something else...
though ideal case would be dutasteride and oral min only (for me at least)...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 25 mg daily split into two doses and it seems to work spectacularly. I already had my "spironolactone shed" where I went to a cueball for several months and then it all started growing back as I emulated this guy on here @bridgeburn. You have to ride sheds out or you are wasting your time. Sheds are also associated with inflammation so get a sulfur-based shampoo to help relieve it.

My theory is that it is easier for the body to dump hair than improve it from the bottom up and so sheds are a more efficient means to regrowth because the shed tends to synchronize the anagen phase of all hair and make it longer perhaps, too. People using strong meds need to have a wig or a piece or a hat strategy if they want their hair remedies to fully work, which means shedding, for many. I think shedding is the best reason to use Rogain 2 percent and then titrate up to 5 percent after a while.

Isneezedsohard

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I take 25 mg daily split into two doses and it seems to work spectacularly. I already had my "spironolactone shed" where I went to a cueball for several months and then it all started growing back as I emulated this guy on here @bridgeburn. You have to ride sheds out or you are wasting your time. Sheds are also associated with inflammation so get a sulfur-based shampoo to help relieve it.

My theory is that it is easier for the body to dump hair than improve it from the bottom up and so sheds are a more efficient means to regrowth because the shed tends to synchronize the anagen phase of all hair and make it longer perhaps, too. People using strong meds need to have a wig or a piece or a hat strategy if they want their hair remedies to fully work, which means shedding, for many. I think shedding is the best reason to use Rogain 2 percent and then titrate up to 5 percent after a while.
Ugh I just want the shedding to quit

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score

I’ m shedding for 2 months now from minoxidil 5%. I have inflammated scalp too but I’ using cortison, nizoral shampoo and hydrocortison in lotion to block it. I’ m also using exfoliating shampoo. However, I’ m still shedding like a cat...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ m shedding for 2 months now from minoxidil 5%. I have inflammated scalp too but I’ using cortison, nizoral shampoo and hydrocortison in lotion to block it. I’ m also using exfoliating shampoo. However, I’ m still shedding like a cat...
Okay. If Keto 2 percent isn't enough for the inflammation try a sulfur-based shampoo like Selsun Blue and leave it in for several minutes. It feels really good and tingly on inflammation although they probably add that effect to increase the perception that it is working. Head and Shoulders used to be insanely popular and entire families, including children used to use it. It is similar to Selsun Blue but less tingly and maybe less effective. Then you have your aspirin-based shampoos which also might be effective for inflammation and I also recommend polysorbate 80. It is dirt cheap to purchase and it might work similarly to Keto without stripping your hair bare of all oil. Before min, we all used polysorbate 80 and 60 and they had great infomercials and it was not BS. Neither grew anything but min-amounts of hair but they worked well for many to slow hair loss progress way, way down. PS 60 and 80 saved me and my social life in college and when that happened, my libido and ability to perform returned.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
i didnt have inflammation until i used minoxidil the first time, maybe look into that, too...
switched brands and inflammation stopped after like a week...
if you got inflammation regardless, try castor oil... it helped my brother (had nothing to do with hairloss though)...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i didnt have inflammation until i used minoxidil the first time, maybe look into that, too...
if you got inflammation regardless, try castor oil... it helped my brother (had nothing to do with hairloss though)...
I was using it but even with small amounts, tiny even, it always made me "loose" and it needs to work a whole lot more than it does to be worth the fear of constant diarrhea but most seem to tolerate it better. It might be that as a chemical female, I can't handle any while the "guys" have these robust digestive systems. I also used it once as a leave-in topical and it is like trying to wash out honey afterwards. It is even gooier than PS80.

Finasteridegyno

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does your brother use topical or oral castor oil ?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
topical... that was some years ago...

janey says its gooey, so take her word for it, i dont remember it being gooey, but most likely because i didnt use it myself...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
topical... that was some years ago...

janey says its gooey, so take her word for it, i dont remember it being gooey, but most likely because i didnt use it myself...
I just bought the $14 dollar bottle on Amazon that says cold pressed because many of my friends on here recommended it. I was down to just a couple of ml in terms of dosing so it was hard to even cut the dose. It is an oil/fat but it is stickier than say Wesson oil and a bit less greasy but not easy to work with. PS80 wasn't easy to wash out either and I generally had to take a bath and dunk my head to get it all but it sure seemed to work on inflammation and perhaps reduce unfavorable scalp flora. So use it for an hour at least on bath night, lol, which is usually Saturday for church the next day, right?