Please help. Oral minoxidil is making my hair thinner than ever.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i didnt have inflammation until i used minoxidil the first time, maybe look into that, too...
switched brands and inflammation stopped after like a week...
if you got inflammation regardless, try castor oil... it helped my brother (had nothing to do with hairloss though)...
The owner of the site also recommends Keto for inflammation but based on the literature, Selsun Blue-type sulfur shampoos for inflammation might be just as good or better as Selsun Blue targets various DHT artifacts and can be healing for baldness, dandruff, acne and dermatitis. Yep, even in females, all caused by DHT. The only good thing DHT does is differentiate the sexes as XY and XX in the womb and as the French say, "vive la difference!"

it will feel really good and tingly if you leave it in for ten minutes. H&S is similar but zinc-based and gentler and better for everyday use. I can't use keto really anymore because it strips my hair bare of oil and while this is a plus for XY's, it is destructive to female hair presentation until sebum levels rise again.

What happens is that a med "works too well, too fast" and so this creates a mismatch in strand diameter from top to bottom and the scalp ejects the hair to start over newer and better.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ m shedding for 2 months now from minoxidil 5%. I have inflammated scalp too but I’ using cortison, nizoral shampoo and hydrocortison in lotion to block it. I’ m also using exfoliating shampoo. However, I’ m still shedding like a cat...
Go down to 2 percent until your shedding stops and then back up to five percent. With hair meds, stronger is not always better in the short run because the better they work, the more likely is it to shed. When I went on spironolactone, a powerful AA, I shed to baldness in just a few weeks but it all came back. People need a shedding policy before using meds, like a wig or a system or a great-looking hat.

Last edited:

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
i never used keto because i just cant get it where i am, would have to import it and if i remember it right, they dont even have it where i order, surprisingly, because they got like nearly everything there... i had other dandruff shampoo, but didnt use it (or have to use it) for a year, or maybe even longer...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i never used keto because i just cant get it where i am, would have to import it and if i remember it right, they dont even have it where i order, surprisingly, because they got like nearly everything there... i had other dandruff shampoo, but didnt use it (or have to use it) for a year, or maybe even longer...
Can you find Nizoral? It is the same but at a lesser strength but you can leave it in longer.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah they dont have that here either...
and also not on that online store...
but doesnt really matter to me as long as i can get everything i need...
need thai medicine? apparently they do like 20% minoxidil like its a walk in the park, while people in the west cry about using 5%...^^

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah they dont have that here either...
and also not on that online store...
but doesnt really matter to me as long as i can get everything i need...
need thai medicine? apparently they do like 20% minoxidil like its a walk in the park, while people in the west cry about using 5%...^^
Where are you, Victor von Doom, Latveria?

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i did, but that country doesnt exist^^
i most likely would prefer namor over doom, though... tough decision...
f*** it, i stay with magneto!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i did, but that country doesnt exist^^
i most likely would prefer namor over doom, though... tough decision...
f*** it, i stay with magneto!
I know. They made it up to sound like Latvia combined with a different ending. It always looked Slavic in the comic. I haven't seen Namor in years. He was in the early Fantastic Four. a lot in search of Sue. I actually prefer Batman and DC. I got hooked on the live action show as a kid.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah because it is located in eastern europe... balkan or something...

namor is still around and usually fighting wakanda^^

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you get alpecin dandruff killer? i really like it as a shampoo, more than nizoral 2%.