Please Help A Complete Noob With His First Order :(

mACIDonia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

That's it! I am ordering a hair replacement system. I can't take this no more. I started losing my hair when I was 16, had 2 transplants that left me with enough hair not to be completely bold on top, and I can't take it no more. The more I stuff I read, the more confused I get. Please, PLEASE some of you more experienced guys help me. This is taking a great mental toll on me, and I need you. My questions are:

Where to order from?

There are tens of companies that you can order from, but which ones are the best? I've discovered that there are a lot of companies that pretend to be customers on forums, saying nothing but the best about their products. I need REAL feedback from real people.

How long can I realistically expect it to last?

If I take REALLY good care of my hair piece, can I get say, 8 months out of it? I am coming from a third world country, and cannot afford to shed $500 every three months. Which combinations of base do you recommend for the optimal result?

Visibility of the front line.

Even when I had hair, I never styled it so my front hair line would be totally exposed. I prefer to wear it parted on the side with bangs. Does that play any role in the visibility of the front of the hair piece?

Sorry guys, these questions must have been answered a hundred times by now, but the more I read, the more confused I am. Please help me with your experience. I am mentally drained, tired, and confused from all the searching, reading, and different opinions. I need to have some personal contact with experienced wearers. I am planning to order my first hair piece on Monday if I manage to find the right company and answers to my questions. My template is made, and it turned pretty good. I just have to make the decision and mail it to the right place, as soon as I can.

Thank you, and I hope you will have understanding for asking stupid questions that have been answered a hundred times. I am confused, and burned out. Please help...

Noah

Reaction score
Hi mACIDonia

Where to order from?

I will PM you some ideas.

How long can I realistically expect it to last?

I get 5 months from my lace pieces being fairly rough. 6 months is pretty doable. I have heard guys say they got 8 months+, but they must be being VERY careful. If you are very meticulous about keeping it out of the sun, and you use knot sealer religiously, you might get that. On the other hand you can get a good piece for substantially less than $500, so maybe the arithmetic will work out for you anyway.

There are base types which are much tougher and longer-lasting than lace - particularly monofilament. But they are much heavier and more detectable - you would then be wearing a wig, whereas a fine lace or skin system is something altogether more subtle and realistic. I would recommend you go for lace and try to make the economics work, rather than compromising on the look and feel.

Visibility of the front line.

Yes, if you opt for a non-exposed or only partly-exposed hairline you will be making your life much easier, particularly at the start.

This subject can seem daunting, and it's hard to know what info to trust. But this is a good place - not tied to any particular vendor - so feel free to come back and get the opinions/ info you need.

mACIDonia

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. It is more than useful. I am completely stressed out before my first putchaase, and this makes me feel much better. Thank you!