Please give me honest feedback

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all. So I've posted here quite a bit to be honest, but dermatologist visit is still a month away and I'm eager to hop on finasteride but, people say I need a definite answer incase it isn't diffuse pattern hairloss. I'm just wondering what it could be, I mean the crown is fine when combed and not spiked up. Hairline is fine. No one is family has gone bald. But I suffer from bad BDD and depression, so maybe stress is causing something.

Should I just hop on finasteride and save money seeing a dermatologist? Also, weird fact, I get no shedding.. Even when pulling my hair like a rope. But probably false hope.

Snapchat-1885595962.jpg

Snapchat-751851734.jpg

Snapchat-1708289196.jpg

Attachments

• Snapchat-1205377398.jpg
    Snapchat-1205377398.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 81

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
No family history of balding at all? Given your pictures I understand your concern. However, you might want to see a professional for this.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the hair on the sides and back affected as well? If not and only the top hair is thinning, it is most likely male pattern baldness

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No family history of balding at all? Given your pictures I understand your concern. However, you might want to see a professional for this.
No family history at all man. Dad Norwood-1 basically. Mothers father full set too until death, but it did thin, only started receeding late 60s like he had hair though. I'll see a derm but does it look like I've got no time left? Like 3 month max before bald?

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the hair on the sides and back affected as well? If not and only the top hair is thinning, it is most likely male pattern baldness
Only top. But sides are similar in thickness if cut shorter. Sides are very long right now and thick, but I see scalp when pulling hair on sides. Top definitely feels thinner right now. But it makes no sense to be balding, guess my ancient history plays a part

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
No family history at all man. Dad Norwood-1 basically. Mothers father full set too until death, but it did thin, only started receeding late 60s like he had hair though. I'll see a derm but does it look like I've got no time left? Like 3 month max before bald?
3 months would be extremely aggressive. Doubtful. Maybe it's just thinning like your gramps. Blonde hair is usually thin anyway.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
3 months would be extremely aggressive. Doubtful. Maybe it's just thinning like your gramps. Blonde hair is usually thin anyway.
Not sure. But he had like full hair at 50 at my mums wedding, like a good set..im sure of it. Here is me with longer hair, it just hides the thinning when combed forward hence why people asking for hair combed forward wet is a bad question, this is a prime example. Keep in mind it would look like this grown out, but it's still the same hair don't be foold. Weird right?!

Snapchat-1422008434.jpg
Snapchat-1083302630.jpg

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
How about uncles? Great grandfathers? Any balding there? It can skip a couple generations. The hair is wet so maybe it clumps easier when wet.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about uncles? Great grandfathers? Any balding there? It can skip a couple generations. The hair is wet so maybe it clumps easier when wet.
When it's dry, scalp is shown a bit too. If I comb though, it's semi okayyy...like comb as in, comb over to one side or middle part. It's only if it's spiked or parting in different directions, IN general more scalp shows though and no shedding yet.

One uncle bald. Mum's brother. But even his son isn't balding. I think one uncle would decrease my chance, and you'd think I'd have more genes of my mother's father. So in general nah it doesn't really run in family. Dad's dad an dad himself still has hair, and his dad had hair till death even though it thinned like old age causes.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
When it's dry, scalp is shown a bit too. If I comb though, it's semi okayyy...like comb as in, comb over to one side or middle part. It's only if it's spiked or parting in different directions, IN general more scalp shows though and no shedding yet.

One uncle bald. Mum's brother. But even his son isn't balding. I think one uncle would decrease my chance, and you'd think I'd have more genes of my mother's father. So in general nah it doesn't really run in family. Dad's dad an dad himself still has hair, and his dad had hair till death even though it thinned like old age causes.
That's all I need to know. I recommend getting a dermatologist to look at it. If your uncle had hairloss then it means your grandfather OR grandmother had the gene. Your mom got 2 x chromosomes. One from her dad and one from her mom. You might have received the x chromosome that was passed from your grandmother to your mom.

I recommend seeing a professional. You are not out of the clear.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I always look for differences in coverage in terms of seeming hair count as somewhat explicative. Certain folks never proceed to baldness per se but it it's thinner in the front versus crown and fringe then that's perhaps more likely to be male pattern baldness. On many, many people this can be difficult to decide. Just having the follicles spaced properly in terms of counts can make the difference between early male pattern baldness versus hair that is uniform in pattern but almost thin. Some folks you can go through with a comb and tell more easily. Look for texture differences between we, damp and dry hair. One and three, if they present as thin might be the best evidence. Damp seems to temporarily hydrate the strands to puff it up and it used to be that I looked more so balding right out of the pool say and also when the hair shrinks as it often does while drying. Given that many of us when young, might only brush or comb with damp hair, we can miss signals via texture or diameter change.

Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's all I need to know. I recommend getting a dermatologist to look at it. If your uncle had hairloss then it means your grandfather OR grandmother had the gene. Your mom got 2 x chromosomes. One from her dad and one from her mom. You might have received the x chromosome that was passed from your grandmother to your mom.

Or from anyone Indo-European/Semitic. Presumably all of us carry the multifold genes of male pattern baldness after thousands of years of our largely interbreeding with ourselves, so to speak and conquering one another with Persians and Greeks being Indo-European along with the Romans and all of Germania and the Baltic and Nordic and Slavic countries. Follow the trace of the bearded warrior and you will find baldness springing up "mysteriously" in the next generation. Many Native Americans south of the U.S. are largely still close to being fully different in genes and no baldness nor distinction between "male" hair and "female" hair or "juvenile hair". Eskimo's eat a lot of fish but probably not entirely why since people from Mexico, Central and South American eat mostly beans, corn and peyote.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm confused, my grandmother's parents were not bald, nor is she, full hair at 80. Idk how my uncle is bald if his mother's parents weren't. Like I am not saying you're wrong but, my uncle got his balding from his mother's father or fathers father. Yet his grand parents were not bald.

In short words you're saying it could've been passed down from my uncles grandparents to me.. Seems weird as his kids don't have the gene. And his grand parents were not bald. Nor his mother.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm confused, my grandmother's parents were not bald, nor is she, full hair at 80. Idk how my uncle is bald if his mother's parents weren't. Like I am not saying you're wrong but, my uncle got his balding from his mother's father or fathers father. Yet his grand parents were not bald.

In short words you're saying it could've been passed down from my uncles grandparents to me.. Seems weird as his kids don't have the gene. And his grand parents were not bald. Nor his mother.
If he is your mothers brother then he got the genes from the same parents. If he went bald then it's possible he got it after it skipped a generation. Another thing is gene expression, you can inherit a gene but not express it. You can also pass a gene that you didn't express. That's why it's a "genetic lottery."

Looking at those pictures it's a bad sign that you have diffused alopecia.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If he is your mothers brother then he got the genes from the same parents. If he went bald then it's possible he got it after it skipped a generation. Another thing is gene expression, you can inherit a gene but not express it. You can also pass a gene that you didn't express. That's why it's a "genetic lottery."

Looking at those pictures it's a bad sign that you have diffused alopecia.
So should I just save seeing a derm and go on finasteride now? Or is it too severe to be saved... f*** man :( I'm being bald at 21

Last edited:

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello all. So I've posted here quite a bit to be honest, but dermatologist visit is still a month away and I'm eager to hop on finasteride but, people say I need a definite answer incase it isn't diffuse pattern hairloss. I'm just wondering what it could be, I mean the crown is fine when combed and not spiked up. Hairline is fine. No one is family has gone bald. But I suffer from bad BDD and depression, so maybe stress is causing something.

Should I just hop on finasteride and save money seeing a dermatologist? Also, weird fact, I get no shedding.. Even when pulling my hair like a rope. But probably false hope.

View attachment 168972
View attachment 168970
View attachment 168969
Whats it like dry?

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can do online consultations in minutes, no dr required.
Ahh I see, but that isn't valid enough as they can't see miniaturization over video. My hair dry is still thin. Obviously it isn't as thin and covers my scalp if combed, but I can see through it in certain angles or lights. Like I think the end of my hair puff to cover scalp but if I move the tips over I can see scalp. Depends on lighting though. Still decently thin.