please can anyone help with my diffuse hair loss

karen

Reaction score
thanks for getting back

hello,thanks for getting back,i have had every test possible,and all my bloods were ok,i am under no stress at home,so i havent a clue why this is happening,thanks for your advice,i have recently been trying essential oils, and couldnt believe how much my hairloss had slowed down,[i washed my hair this morning and there was only a few hairs]normally theres so much it blocks the sink,im not saying its a miracle cure,but it is deffinately helping me.basically i used boots essential oils[cedawood]and[rosemary]i used 8 drops of each to 20 ml,of there own oil base,its in brown bottles,i massaged this into my scalp 5 mins[at night]wrapped in a small towel,and left it overnight,even in 1 application i saw the difference,i hope this helps,apparently these oils were used before anything else,thanks karen :rockon:

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: thanks for getting back

karen said:
i have recently been trying essential oils, and couldnt believe how much my hairloss had slowed down,[i washed my hair this morning and there was only a few hairs]normally theres so much it blocks the sink,im not saying its a miracle cure,but it is deffinately helping me.basically i used boots essential oils[cedawood]and[rosemary]i used 8 drops of each to 20 ml,of there own oil base,its in brown bottles,i massaged this into my scalp 5 mins[at night]wrapped in a small towel,and left it overnight,even in 1 application i saw the difference,i hope this helps,apparently these oils were used before anything else,thanks karen :rockon:

I have very limited experience w/essential oils. But that sound wonderful...let me knowof any progress. It might me something I can try. Thanks for that info!!

It's very frustrating to have "normal" bloodwork, and still wonder "WHY ME, WHY NOW!"
Did you have yor estrogen/progesterone levels and RATIOS tested? If they are not in balance, it could be a problem.
I am convinced I am LOW on progeserone, my docotr put me on FEMHRT in fall 2001, along w/ Prometrium. Three months later, he took my off the Prometrium, all my trouble started: esp. itchy, itchy skin in various areas,a bad case of seb derm that started a heavy shed that has gone off/on since Sept 2002. Duuuh, could it be the synthetic hormones :roll: I see a new gyn in two weeks, she i putting me on natural HRT!!! BTW, I am menopausal, I think I saw you were younger, but even in your 30', your hormones can be out of whack.
http://www.johnleemd.com/

karen

Reaction score
thanks for getting back

thank you for getting back,when you said you never knew about these oils well neither did i,honestly these have really slowed my hairloss down in just a few days,honestly,you should try it,i havent much knowledge about essential oils,but studying each one chose the best two that help,i thaught its worth a try,please try it,just go to boots and ask for the oils i wrote earlier,follow what i said,i am sure it will help you,i have watched my hair fall out for yrs,at least 100 a day,now theres about 20,you can thank me later,haha,tjhanks karen :smoke:

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
karen,

I looked up my book on aromatherapy. (I have all sorts of books for things I get on a bandwagon for...)
Anyhow, under hair loss, it says rosemary and ylang ylang will stimulate the scalp, while lavender and atlas cedarwood are balancing oils that help to prevent further hair loss. Scalp massage is also recommended. [from: Aromatherapy for common ailments, Simon & Schuster, 1991.]

I might even have a couple of those in the basement...hmmm.
keep me posted, I'll do likewise. :) thanksalot... :)