Please assess my Hairline, thanks!

ddv33

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 27 years old, and recently became concerned that my hair may be slightly receding. Can you please comment on whether you see the same thing, and advise how I should address it?

I've also included a Web Album with some pictures from facebook with a similar hairstyle over the past 6 years. Hoping this will help determine if my hair has receded.
https://picasaweb.google.com/109078...&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ319szwzOC6NQ&feat=directlink

Picture 015.jpgPicture 011.jpgPicture 012.jpgPicture 013.jpgPicture 014.jpg

Thanks a bunch!

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
Hello!

To be honest it does look like your hairline is starting to recede. At this point its not very noticeable at all though.

And I think you have a normal shaped head, which is definitely a plus. :D

Anyways, I wouldn't be too concerned. You could either leave it as it because I think you, like a lot of people, would look fine with a degree of hair loss, or you could look into some treatments. Luckily you've caught the issue early on so you have a lot of options available to you.

Cheers!

ddv33

Reaction score
Appreciate the response, any thoughts from others?

If I want to best consider my options, should I consult a derm next?

DHT_Blocker

Reaction score
Don't consult a derm at this point. Your hairloss is extremely insignificant and totally normal for men as they age. You're not even at a Norwood 2 stage yet, in my opinion (for comparison just google Norwood Baldness Scale, NW1 is no hair loss and NW2 is slight hair-line recession).

If you look around at most men in their late 20's or early 30's, you'll notice that most have at least some slight hair-line recession. This is totally normal and does not necessarily indicate any kind of terminal Male Pattern Baldness later in life--by which I mean total baldness or severe hair-line recession. Especially considering the fact that you're 27 and just experiencing some very slight recession now, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

Even still, if you really wanted to you could start a regimen of 1mg Finasteride per day. But I wouldn't do anything more than that.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
normal mature hairline at the front, which doesn't necessarily indicate male pattern baldness. but I can't see a pic of your crown - if that area starts to thin, then it's almost certainly as a result of male pattern baldness and you should probably consider Finasteride

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You definitely have diffuse thinning even if you have fine hair. Your hair line is intact but your density is definitely possibly indicative of future loss.

ddv33

Reaction score
I agree it may be fairly minimal at this point, but I was hoping to detect any signs early. My father's side has a lot of hair loss so I have been keeping my eye out. Reg

For those who suggested considering 1 mg Finasteride, is that something that I need to see a derm for a prescription?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
You definitely have diffuse thinning even if you have fine hair. Your hair line is intact but your density is definitely possibly indicative of future loss.

I'm not so sure it's diffuse. It looks like he's put gel or water on the front and the hairs have clumped together

anyway my advice is to keep checking your crown, or better yet get somebody else to like your hairdresser

ddv33

Reaction score
I'm not so sure it's diffuse. It looks like he's put gel or water on the front and the hairs have clumped together

anyway my advice is to keep checking your crown, or better yet get somebody else to like your hairdresser

Yes I got the front of my hair a bit wet to pull back my hairline more easily. I'm not too concerned about diffuse thinning at the moment, and think my crown looks good. I'll ask hairdresser as well.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair is good overall. but you can see where the temples will further recede in the second image by the density difference. start treatment soon.