Banned
Reaction score
Internal dutasteride is poison.

Never again.

Fred

Andrea

Established Member
Reaction score
For me is only slighty better than finasteride but with more sides effects.
Not stability with dutasteride for me, up and down...
Excessive dryness and powerfull shedding phases.
I prefer finasteride
Bye

restonwebdev

Reaction score
5+ years on dutasteride .5mg. I have to admit I haven't needed to worry about my hair since; however, recently I have been experiencing increased shedding. During this period of usage I noticed significant regrowth and felt very good about the way my hair looks. I even noticed significant regrowth around my hairline. I had previously had very little success with Propecia/finasteride.

I will say that the side-effects can be noticeable. One swollen/enlarged breast (but nothing that exercise and diet can't fix), tenderness of the skin, and ... whether it's related or not ... premature gray hair.

Balth06

Reaction score
wow 5+ years? how bad was your hair when you started restonwebdev? I've been on dutasteride for over a year. Can't say my hair has improved that much which is disappointing. Some pretty rough sheds as well. On the other hand it hasn't gotten worse so... :puke:

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Coming up to four years on .5mg/day (took it every other day for 16 months prior) with good, if not spectacular results. Managed to stop my frontal loss but didn't get the thickening I'd hoped for; gradual improvement for the rest of my hair (continuing what the lesser dose of dutasteride. and, before that, finasteride. had started) until it reached an almost pre-male pattern baldness thickness.

Still no side-effects.

thomas040

Established Member
Reaction score
dutasteride for about 2 years now.

Started on 0.5 mg for a year, then 1mg for six months, and now 1.5 mg + finasteride for 6 months...

Reason for increase is I still lost more hair than i gained, not counting shedding periods... so I figured... what was the worst that could happen?

Right now I'm doing fine actually. No bad hair days. Regained quite a bit on the crown. Still not sure about my hairline. Think it has receded, but how much I'm not sure. And it could pick up still. I am optimistic, nonetheless.

get my stuff from in house.... Dr. Red d y :)

el_duterino

Reaction score
over 4 years of oral dutasteride 1 per day. dutasteride has saved my hair when finasteride was not effective anymore.
The side effects are a slightly lower libido, but still sufficient enough, and some sticky belly fat.
Its like a having a small tire around my waist, even though i pay attention to my food.
I will try dutasteride topical once Sinere has their product out.