Planning on gettin an FUE from Dr. Cole

boss510

Reaction score
Vanzzzz said:
Ok now I can understand the reason why you wanna go down the hair transplant route. Wont lie to you, your hairloss is rather extensive for your age...

I think Shapiro has pretty good results, and I totally agree with your mentality that crown loss is really no big deal so long as you have a good hairline. I see plenty of old men who have decent hair line with a bald spot in the crown... Those men definitely DID NOT have any hair transplant either...

Only 1 thing I am curious about though. Are your sure 1500 grafts is enough to cover the area and give you the hairline you desire?

Yeah I started shedding at 17 mann, it really sucked. Damn why is there such a thing as hairloss/balding.

Anyway I paniced started on Propeica at around 19/20 years old. I say I stuck with it for a good 2 years. Dont really know if it helped, I still continued to shed. So I stopped it year ago. Recently I noticed that I am NOT SHEDDING as I once did. I think I am better off not taking propecia.

The sides of propecia where also starting to kick in. I still want to have another kid so I can trisk taking propecia again.

One of Dr Cole reps told my that after seeing my pics, Dr. Cole thinks that 1500 should be adequete. But I am going to leave it open, so if when I go for my procedure COLE feels like he can place more then I can more.

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
what dr shapiro is everyone talking about I seen that there are three shapiro's that do hair transplants ron paul and there is a shapiro in florida. anyway are you still going to cole I am still considering him also

boss510

Reaction score
KP211 said:
what dr shapiro is everyone talking about I seen that there are three shapiro's that do hair transplants ron paul and there is a shapiro in florida. anyway are you still going to cole I am still considering him also

Yeah, the date is fixed. Shapiro is good, but I think for an FUE procedure, Cole is one of the best. So COLE it is, I hope that everything turns out great.

I am goin start back on propecia again. But this time ill take it every other day.

Should have pics from the surgery here in about a month.

ps.
I really hope that hair multiplication is availiable in 10, or even 20 years from now.

boss510

Reaction score
All right, finally got back from Dr Cole Atl office yesterday night, and Iam pleased to say all went fairly well during and after the transplant.

Below are links to my post op pics, ALL are Day 3 after the procedure. I had about 2016 grafts done. My forehead and the head overall still have a little swelling there, should get better in a couple days. I ll keep posting pics.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/9997/dsc01955f.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5344/dsc01958o.jpg

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5553/dsc01959q.jpg

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1962/dsc01961o.jpg

Boondock

Reaction score
Looks pretty neat so far. He's done a nice hairline but still kept it pretty conservative, which is what you want.

What's Cole's $ for FUE?

boss510

Reaction score
Boondock said:
Looks pretty neat so far. He's done a nice hairline but still kept it pretty conservative, which is what you want.

What's Cole's $ for FUE?

Yeah I really like the hairline, cant wait till month 3 when results kick in.

I think the price depends on different factors, but since I had the procedure done in July I was quoted 7 dollars a graft.

sticknburn

Reaction score
boss, looks great! Sorry I'm not sure where on this forum to post this but do you have to shave your head for all FUEs and approx how long until you can go out in public/back to work w/o looking like a freak? I know these questions have been answered somewhere else. If anyone can direct me to a place on here that answers basic transplant questions I'd be interested. Thanks and good luck boss

He-Bat

Established Member
Reaction score
sticknburn said:
boss, looks great! Sorry I'm not sure where on this forum to post this but do you have to shave your head for all FUEs and approx how long until you can go out in public/back to work w/o looking like a freak? I know these questions have been answered somewhere else. If anyone can direct me to a place on here that answers basic transplant questions I'd be interested. Thanks and good luck boss
Cole offers none-shaven FUE. It's more expensive.

belcherboy

Reaction score
Boss510, (or anyone who has used Cole before)

If you don't mind me asking....how much does Dr. Cole charge?

I'm thinking of going to see him, and want to know a ballpark of what it would cost me. Thanks!

OOPS! I see you already addressed the question! Feel free to ignore it! :(

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
Made an appointment with cole sept 28, hows is everything healing up boss? I looked into a lot of different doctors and cole was the one im going to do my first hair transplant with

Reaction score
KP, how did it go?? I recently have decided to consider Cole over Bauman (who uses the Neograft) in Florida. Let me know!!

PW

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
It went good the donor area healed great just waiting for the hair to come in now, my surgery was on sept 27, so im only a little over two months i will give updates at 4months and 6months and so on up to a year witch should be all grown in by then

Reaction score
Thanks, KP. Would you be kind enough to nswer some questions for meabou your experience, your procedure, etc.? I would love to chat in private email. How can I get you my email address without putting on here? Thanks again. I will really appreciate this

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
boss510 said:
Vanzzzz said:
I think Shapiro has pretty good results, and I totally agree with your mentality
One of Dr Cole reps told my that after seeing my pics, Dr. Cole thinks that 1500 should be adequete. But I am going to leave it open, so if when I go for my procedure COLE feels like he can place more then I can more.

Just reading this thread for the first time and I knew 1500 was low, hopefully the 2K makes you happy, are you on Propecia ?

harCyn

Reaction score
boss510 said:
Thats sounds consistent with what I was told, dollar cheaper if I get in July, they also got a coupon for free 50 going on right now.

I also looking into Shapiro as well, their pricing is around 5 dollars. I think its 4.50 if your traveling from out of state. Shapiro is great Doctor, and very reasonable price.

The thing that I think seperates COLE from others is that it seems like he is able to use fewer grafts to get great results. Thats the thing that impressed me alot. What do think?

I got interested to your post. Actually, I really need to get coupons to get discounts in my travel expenses. Separation of COLE from others is a great advantage for us.