Planning on gettin an FUE from Dr. Cole

boss510

Reaction score
I will be getting a FUE with Dr. COLE shortly withen a month.

I have heard and read that his work is fantastic. Any input guys?

I am 24, have been lossing since I was 17. I dont want to look like I am balding in my 20's. just cant wait to finally be able to slick my hair back again.

Iam need about 1500 grafts, restore my hairline and few to the mid- scalp.

ill post pics later for sure.

boss510

Reaction score
I cannot add a picture here. when i go to add file it never works.

Anyone know the best way to post pictures?

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you are not too young for a transplant? As for adding file, I never had any problems with attaching file so I cant help you.

However, I suspect your hair loss is extremely similar to mine, given the fact that our age is the same and the relatively low number of grafts needed by you.

boss510

Reaction score
Vanzzzz said:
Are you sure you are not too young for a transplant? As for adding file, I never had any problems with attaching file so I cant help you.

However, I suspect your hair loss is extremely similar to mine, given the fact that our age is the same and the relatively low number of grafts needed by you.

I may be young, but I feel that with being only 24 and my whole career ahead of me, I rather get a translant now and have good looking hair while I am young. I hope I can have good amount of hair with the transplants till iam 40. After that I would not really mind if my hair was thin, but now I really care.

Sometimes I feel like not going to work just because of my hair. and how it looks; I dont not wish to feel like this anymore. I want my self confidense back, I just cant wait to once again be able to slick my hair bank again.

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey boss, I was considering cole also, so far I only talked on the phone with them about it.I'm from pittsburgh so I would have to fly to atlanta to get it done,witch I will because the research I done he seems to be the best out there I was considering shapiro also. Just curious what was the price they quoted you for 1500 grafts? I was thinking about doing it in sept but they did say there running a special if I get it done in july it would be one dollar cheaper per graft.

boss510

Reaction score
KP211 said:
Hey boss, I was considering cole also, so far I only talked on the phone with them about it.I'm from pittsburgh so I would have to fly to atlanta to get it done,witch I will because the research I done he seems to be the best out there I was considering shapiro also. Just curious what was the price they quoted you for 1500 grafts? I was thinking about doing it in sept but they did say there running a special if I get it done in july it would be one dollar cheaper per graft.

Thats sounds consistent with what I was told, dollar cheaper if I get in July, they also got a coupon for free 50 going on right now.

I also looking into Shapiro as well, their pricing is around 5 dollars. I think its 4.50 if your traveling from out of state. Shapiro is great Doctor, and very reasonable price.

The thing that I think seperates COLE from others is that it seems like he is able to use fewer grafts to get great results. Thats the thing that impressed me alot. What do think?

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I think so too I talked to shapiro today he seems like a nice guy, they have special's also for strip, for 2 dollars a graft witch is cheap if I come in july.I didnt really want to do strip because of the scar but his before and after pics of donor areas was good. So I was considering maybe doing strip this year then maybe going to cole next year for fue if I need it. Im still up in the air with what I want to do. I figured im never going to shave my head completey bald so thats the only reason why im considering strip plus doctor shapiros doing it. And also the price is almost to good to pass up considering also I never read nothing negative about him. we have like three or four companies here that do transplants but haven't heard any good reviews with the local's here, thats why Im willing to travel, you only have one head and I want the best docs doing the work. You cant go wrong with cole, though.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
If you check around the net, you will find plenty of information about Dr. Cole. In my opinion, I would not go to him for surgery, there are plenty of other doctors that are better. Do a search and find out about the patient called Caronhead.

boss510

Reaction score
Hiker said:
If you check around the net, you will find plenty of information about Dr. Cole. In my opinion, I would not go to him for surgery, there are plenty of other doctors that are better. Do a search and find out about the patient called Caronhead.

Wasup hiker,

Do you by any chance have any links that contain negative experiences with Dr. Cole, I need to know any and all info before I get a hair transplant.

I try to find the patient you refered to, Caronhead. But if you have any links that would be great.

boss510

Reaction score
KP211 said:
Yes I think so too I talked to shapiro today he seems like a nice guy, they have special's also for strip, for 2 dollars a graft witch is cheap if I come in july.I didnt really want to do strip because of the scar but his before and after pics of donor areas was good. So I was considering maybe doing strip this year then maybe going to cole next year for fue if I need it. Im still up in the air with what I want to do. I figured im never going to shave my head completey bald so thats the only reason why im considering strip plus doctor shapiros doing it. And also the price is almost to good to pass up considering also I never read nothing negative about him. we have like three or four companies here that do transplants but haven't heard any good reviews with the local's here, thats why Im willing to travel, you only have one head and I want the best docs doing the work. You cant go wrong with cole, though.

The main reason why I do not summit to getting a STRIP is because lets say in the future my hairloss is extensive enough that I having a thinning appearance that is unsightly to me. Assuming that my donor area is depleted, than I can buzz it, which will give the illusion of a full head of hair. But with a strip scar I will not have that option. Also for the crown area I will strictly only use BHT's to fill it in.

Hiker

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to go beyond the stuff doctors publish that is complimentary of their work and look to see if patients have complaints. And then you need to consider whether the complaint is valid or sour grapes. Woods, Umar, Feller and Shapiro look good to me for FUE work.

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
whats up dudeman, yea I been doing alot of research also and cole and shapiro was my top 2 I was considering a strip for my first hair transplant but after hearing what you have to say I think im going with fue, was only considering strip because of price.I seen on the internet that they do tattoo's for bald people so when they shave there head it looks like a full head of shaved hair, they also do tattoo's on donor scars also. I think there is a member on this site that works for the company that does this work dont remember his name

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok your hair loss is rather more than mine. In your case I believe FUE is really better, since your balding pattern is diffused, meaning you may go higher up the Norwood scale.

boss510

Reaction score
Vanzzzz said:
Ok your hair loss is rather more than mine. In your case I believe FUE is really better, since your balding pattern is diffused, meaning you may go higher up the Norwood scale.

I know that I will lose more hair, so what I want to is just focus on my hairline and top. I dont care much for the crown, as long as iam not bald from the front. If I do decide to get my crown fixed, assuming I will eventually lose hair there, then I will only get a body hair transplant for the crown.

MY dad is 46 a Norwood 6, we have the same hair loss pattern, so I know that I must plan ahead.

But I hope that HAIR MULTIPLICATION/ CLONING will be invented and availiable for all in the next 10 to 15 years!!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
The best thing about Cole is you can get an FUE without shaving your donor or recipient. I think that is great and he claims he gets virtually the same results as strip. I would be tempted to do a small session with him just to see how it works. I hope Shapiro starts doing that.

boss510

Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
The best thing about Cole is you can get an FUE without shaving your donor or recipient. I think that is great and he claims he gets virtually the same results as strip. I would be tempted to do a small session with him just to see how it works. I hope Shapiro starts doing that.

Yes that is a big plus, but I will get the shaved procedure since I need over 1000 grafts. But all other subsequent transplants will be the non-shaven. I hope that this transplant wil be the biggest one, in terms of grafts needed. The future ones will be a serious of smaller ones, I hope at least.

Another thing I noticed with Cole, that is unlike anyone else, is the qaulity of pics of patients on his website. They post alot pics with differents styles. Like dry look then the wet look at different angles.

Vanzzzz

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok now I can understand the reason why you wanna go down the hair transplant route. Wont lie to you, your hairloss is rather extensive for your age...

I think Shapiro has pretty good results, and I totally agree with your mentality that crown loss is really no big deal so long as you have a good hairline. I see plenty of old men who have decent hair line with a bald spot in the crown... Those men definitely DID NOT have any hair transplant either...

Only 1 thing I am curious about though. Are your sure 1500 grafts is enough to cover the area and give you the hairline you desire?

boss510

Reaction score
Vanzzzz said:
Ok now I can understand the reason why you wanna go down the hair transplant route. Wont lie to you, your hairloss is rather extensive for your age...

I think Shapiro has pretty good results, and I totally agree with your mentality that crown loss is really no big deal so long as you have a good hairline. I see plenty of old men who have decent hair line with a bald spot in the crown... Those men definitely DID NOT have any hair transplant either...

Only 1 thing I am curious about though. Are your sure 1500 grafts is enough to cover the area and give you the hairline you desire?

Yeah I started shedding at 17 mann, it really sucked. Damn why is there such a thing as hairloss/balding.

Anyway I paniced started on Propeica at around 19/20 years old. I say I stuck with it for a good 2 years. Dont really know if it helped, I still continued to shed. So I stopped it year ago. Recently I noticed that I am NOT SHEDDING as I once did. I think I am better off not taking propecia.

The sides of propecia where also starting to kick in. I still want to have another kid so I can trisk taking propecia again.

One of Dr Cole reps told my that after seeing my pics, Dr. Cole thinks that 1500 should be adequete. But I am going to leave it open, so if when I go for my procedure COLE feels like he can place more then I can more.