Planning on gettin an FUE from Dr. Cole

shears

Reaction score
Innermind said:
FUE leaves marks. You wont be able to buzz lower than a 1 guard if your lucky. Good luck.

I have had FUE and have shaven my head down to 1 and have not had any noticeable (by anyone) issues with FUE marks. But I think it's funny that being your options are strip or FUE, how could anyone want strip ever? I did it once and I regret it every. single. day. I can't have my hair short because of the giant smiling scar in the back of my head that forces everyone to ask me how I got that scar and did I get a transplant. I look great with short(er) hair and I hate long hair. Having that scar is my biggest regret.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
shears said:
I have had FUE and have shaven my head down to 1 and have not had any noticeable (by anyone) issues with FUE marks.

Ok so you had your head shaved to a #1 but below you say you can't shave your hair short because you have strip scar, which is it ?
shears said:
I can't have my hair short because of the giant smiling scar in the back of my head that forces everyone to ask me how I got that scar and did I get a transplant.

So if you did shave your head and have a strip scar do you really think people are going to notice the Fue marks when compared to a strip scar ?

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
how long does it take for an FUE before you could say go back to work w/o needing a cap?

Rutt

Established Member
Reaction score
wow awesome, so even that quick to go around w/o wearing a hat?

I'm trying to plan getting a hair transplant at some point next year and work is a big factor lol

shears

Reaction score
HT55 said:
shears said:
I have had FUE and have shaven my head down to 1 and have not had any noticeable (by anyone) issues with FUE marks.

Ok so you had your head shaved to a #1 but below you say you can't shave your hair short because you have strip scar, which is it ?
shears said:
I can't have my hair short because of the giant smiling scar in the back of my head that forces everyone to ask me how I got that scar and did I get a transplant.

So if you did shave your head and have a strip scar do you really think people are going to notice the Fue marks when compared to a strip scar ?

If you read my post carefully, you'll see that I mentioned having strip surgery once and regret I ever did it due to the scar.

I haven't noticed FUE scars. They're not glaring enough for me to notice them. The strip scar you can see period.

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
What is everyones opinion on a future Norwood 6 getting a FUE transplant with a goal in mind of very dense NW2. Really dont care about my crown and would sacrifice the area to create a very realistic NW2. I would use a #3 guard (12 mm).

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
1) What is your age?
2) what Norwood are you now?
3) Are you planning on using Finasteride?
4) What is the balding pattern of your maternal (mother's side) and paternal grandfathers (father's side)?
(How old were they when they reached a specific Norwood)
5) What is your hair type and characteristics?

Norwood 1, though I can see the outline of NW5 ish(high sides)
Already taking finasteride/Min and starting to lose ground.
Maternal grandfather, no balding to 80 and uncles still waiting 60s. Father was NW5 (high sides though) at 30 and moved down to 6 at 60. His father, Norwood 4 at 75.

Hair caractheristics: Terrible hair (though good candidate) Coarse and Curly, light brown/blonde. Extremely thick donor area, 3 hair follicles most common with many 4 (under microscope). This actually required my back and sides to be cut down to #3 to avoid an afro look, otherwise it has to be thinned to keep it flat. The idea of FUE is actually nice just to thin down the sides and back. If I wasn't going bald, I would sell off my follicles. :woot:

keepinthehair

Established Member
Reaction score
Correction,

My templs are farther back closer to Norwood 2/3 with miniaturiztion over the entire crown. Minoxidil and finasteride were good for about 5 years, but I have inherited some "determined to go bald" genes from dad. So I ask again, is dense packing in a NW2/3 (mature hairline with a sparse crown) a viable option in your opinion? I really dont want to spend a lot of money on a see through look.