Pilofocus Presentation On Scarless FUE

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Honstly the guys Im scheduled with showed me their utensils and said they have a very high yeild rate with FUE and basically no scarring. Im not being argumentive, so please dont take it that way.
Im pretty excited because hes going to take donors hairs from the head and even try some from the body (for a density test) but already explained how they do it so its not obvious.
Of course he showed em the before/after pics but I never trust those from ANYBODY.

I made my GF sit in the second consult with me, and even she was pretty impressed and thought they were super meticulous which is a big deal from her.
I think anytime I start to stick my toes in the water of hair transplant I get scared and let things like this make me wait. Im 34 now and think if Im going to do it now is a decent age to start because my hair loss is still able to be assumed and followed and I can keep adding density as more pops out, plus rolling and using my minoxidil.

And who know when this comes out perhaps jump on this wagon as well.

He wants me to come back after a couple months during the healing to try their stem cell treatment. I think its complete bull**** even after reading stuff on the web. They are one of 3 places doing it in the US (who knows why, perhaps cause its bull****) which is one of the things that made me go there in the first place.

just wish me luck. Ill have 3 weeks to cancell should a miracle or emergency arise.

To be honest, saying that they have a stem cell treatment raises red flags!!! Make sure your are 100% SURE!!! That the clinic is legit, ethical and has a good reputation! They have 3 before/afters pics on their site...Do yourself a favor and look up the IAHRS and find a surgeon close to you from their website ;)

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your situation could be a lot worse afterwards, once you're cut, you're cut.

Thats whats so awesome about Pilofocus. Once you're cut, you CAN undo things by moving grafts around.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously if it is going to be available in April? or end of yr, why not wait
wonder what the max number of 1 procedure grafts would be

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seriously if it is going to be available in April? or end of yr, why not wait
wonder what the max number of 1 procedure grafts would be

I think I saw a video of them testing the device of how fast they could harvest grafts. It does take a bit of practice, but they were going by REALLY fast, I think more than 10 grafts per minute. That translates to 600+ grafts per hour. But I think this was significantly faster than that. Hopefully this brings the cost down as it will be less time consuming.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stem cell treatment? There is no such thing at the moment. You should cancel in my opinion.

You don't want to find yourself in a hair transplant horror story.

Your situation could be a lot worse afterwards, once you're cut, you're cut.

I'm doing fue not getting cut

Here some stem cell info.
Honestly it's the same as acell and dermarolling, and I didn't say I was doing that.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm doing fue not getting cut

Here some stem cell info.
Honestly it's the same as acell and dermarolling, and I didn't say I was doing that.

Hey we voted and decided you should cancel:whistle:
seriously whatever you decide good luck, probably not that much difference in reality but I am hopefull, every little bit/hair helps right

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey we voted and decided you should cancel:whistle:
seriously whatever you decide good luck, probably not that much difference in reality but I am hopefull, every little bit/hair helps right

Thanks yeah, was starting to feel like a witch hunt lol.

Didn't notice I didn't put a link for any stem cell info in the post.
I'll update it,

I still thinks it's probably horse **** like prp/a cell but who knows.
I think the only real cure would be some weird vaccine that just make all your hair immune to dht that you take when your like 17!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the only real cure would be some weird vaccine that just make all your hair immune to dht that you take when your like 17!

I'm 12 years too late on that and counting....

Sparky4444

Reaction score
it appears he's waiting to both perfect the instrument as well as test the regeneration angle....I hope he starts offering it before he proves any kind of regeneration

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know, Sparx, and I am annoyed at that. Many of us would love to have an non-scarring FUE with a HIGHER YIELD!
I wish he could just start. I emailed them by the way they said something like this is unlikely to be available before 2015.
I could find the email and paste it here.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, Sparx, and I am annoyed at that. Many of us would love to have an non-scarring FUE with a HIGHER YIELD!
I wish he could just start. I emailed them by the way they said something like this is unlikely to be available before 2015.
I could find the email and paste it here.

You emailed THEM or him, Dr. Wesley? Who is 'they' ?

Breaking Bald

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks yeah, was starting to feel like a witch hunt lol.

Witch hunt...? Dude' we're just trying to help you and make sure you don't get butchered. But fine, if you see like that then so be it...don't know why I even bother :shakehead:

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
You emailed THEM or him, Dr. Wesley? Who is 'they' ?

I emailed as well

The scarless surgery technique (piloscopy) that Dr. Wesley pioneered has received over one million Internet mentions since its inception in 2008. Thanks to a recent $1.5M research grant, piloscopy is now likely scheduled to be made available with FDA Clearance in 2014. Not only will new patients benefit from this technique, but even patients undergoing current techniques (FUT and FUE) will benefit from this novel approach in a subsequent session.

I just went to their site

They sent me the Vimeo link and password. Im watching it now. It really just seems like an updated FUE the way hes presenting it

update:
half through the vid
I do like the way his procedure excavates the tissue around the HF.
I emailed my hair transplant Doctor with a couple questions. I emailed the info to my GF and I guess it comes down to talking with everyone and deciding what to do

- - - Updated - - -

I know it's misleading but even with FUE, you are cut!

If he messes up your donor, misplaces the grafts, you're in for a very tough ride.

Make no mistakes, butchering through FUE is a reality, it has happened before.

Not trying to scare you but, we don't want you to regret it.

Find a certified surgeon, the one I had before I cancelled had not only a few good results to show me but hundreds.

Yes all the consults I went on I saw TONS of before and afters.

Im never really impressed because most of them are guys who went form like N7 to a really fluffy N4

Not to many younger guys I guess.

Listen Im not happy with the situation but in the hair transplant thread below Ive seen some younger guys who have gone through it and came out pretty happy.

I know you can get some butchered donor area, but I talked with them about that. Im going to let it lement a week or two. If I decide to cancell I lose 100$ but at least I went that far.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score