Pictures of regrowth on various people for the newbies

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice pictures Micheal.
'blondeguy' is just a bald ginger little troll with no hope, I'm almost starting to feel sorry for him..

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
blondeguy said:
If I lose the rest of my hair naturally, I'll accept it as part of being a guy and move on. I won't waste my life fussing over it. I certainly won't start inhibiting natural sex hormones in my body and attaching myself to a can of foam for the rest of my life.

1. If it is so easy for you to move on, why you have 159 posts in a hairloss site?

2. We have less chances to get prostate cancer taking finasteride or dutasteride if we start young enough. More chances of a worst variety of it? No sir. You don't understand that statistic, I guess. If you live in a developed country, you are a non-smoker middle aged man, reducing chances of prostate cancer is probably the best you can do for your long term health. And you keep your hair as a poetic side effect. Niiiice. I am going for a full proscar a day. You should take it just as a health prevention thing if you have prostate problems in your family. If you can cope with regrowing hair

3. Do you brush your teeth 2 or 3 times a day or you don't want to attach yourself to a tube and a toothbrush for the rest of your life?

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
blondeguy said:
Minor regrowth is possible, but not much. Who knows where your hair would be by now, if you're even balding. Some guys mistakenly believe having temple recession in your 20s means you're going to lose it all.
i don't buy it.

post a close up pic of your head and then i might, but in other pics you've posted i have seen a shadow of hair on the sides of your head and nothing really in the front. you can't explain that away by saying you shave super close with the headblad or whatever. it wouldn't leave no hair in the front and some on the sides.

prove me wrong by posting a closeup shot of your head, freshly shaved even. if i'm wrong i'll eat my words and proclaim you someone with minimal hair loss. i just know that you did have a pic awhile ago of you with sunglasses on and i saw hair on the sides and nothing really in the front.

otherwise, michael barry has called you out and i know that you're capable of posting pics judging by your avatar, so please do so. prove him and me wrong.

jayman

You're seeing things. I shave against the grain every morning. Even after a fresh shave, I have a shadow of hair up close. A benefit of losing my hair would be that shadow going away!

I already posted the NW3 hairline I've had since puberty:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... hp?t=35945

UK1 said:
Nice pictures Micheal.
'blondeguy' is just a bald ginger little troll with no hope, I'm almost starting to feel sorry for him..

"Ginger?" Hilarious. :)

G

Yes, as I thought blondeguy. You can't say that you have barely any recession and only a little bit of balding. While an NW3 is severe balding, there isn't really much difference between an NW3 or an NW4, and those are only one step away from being basically slick *** bald as an NW5. All the nW5s's have are that ridge on top that keeps them from being considered total horseshoes. It's just facts.

Basically, when you hit NW3, that's the point where everyone who looks at you can tell that you're going bald. NW2, NW2.5, some people really can't tell then, but when you've got that solid strip island in front, it's obvious to everyone. And I do think that your hair looks better shaved. I think I've said that before. If you had an NW1 or NW2 though, you'd look better with hair. Most people though who are NW3 are better off not shaving their head. i don't think I would till I was NW4+

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
Yes, as I thought blondeguy. You can't say that you have barely any recession and only a little bit of balding.

I don't know if it's ever receded, to be honest, because I never had my hair that short in adulthood. I'm sure it has if only because of the so-called mature hairline everyone gets.

Basically, when you hit NW3, that's the point where everyone who looks at you can tell that you're going bald.

Everyone I asked denied that I was, but they're probably just used to me looking like that. When I was 14, I used to have hair down to my shoulders, and I'd pull it back in a ponytail and see that high hairline. My skull has grown since then, according to the ol' eye doctor, and made my face even longer.

3. Do you brush your teeth 2 or 3 times a day or you don't want to attach yourself to a tube and a toothbrush for the rest of your life?

I brush and floss three times a day, honest truth. But my teeth won't shed when I start brushing, I can skip a brushing without worrying about losing gains, and I won't lose my erection or grow boobies. :D

G

blondeguy said:
I don't know if it's ever receded, to be honest, because I never had my hair that short in adulthood. I'm sure it has if only because of the so-called mature hairline everyone gets.

Yes it has. I don't know guys born with an NW3 hairline, do you? It probably crept up on you all these years.

Pondle

Reaction score
I agree that's pretty far from a normal mature hairline, mate. You're just lucky that you're one of those rare blokes who aren't massive yet still manage to pull off a shaved look.

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
blondeguy said:

Yes it has. I don't know guys born with an NW3 hairline, do you? It probably crept up on you all these years.

Probably. I had a big forehead as a child, so I guess I didn't notice how high my hairline went after puberty. I liked my power alleys. Just about everyone I grew up idolizing had a receding hairline, from Bruce Willis to Bill Murray.

Pondle: Cool, I like being a "rare bloke." :)

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
blondeguy said:
Probably. I had a big forehead as a child, so I guess I didn't notice how high my hairline went after puberty. I liked my power alleys. Just about everyone I grew up idolizing had a receding hairline, from Bruce Willis to Bill Murray.

:lol: i liked those guys too but not really their receding hairlines

michael barry

Reaction score
blondeguy,

If you are happy, then thats whats important. Im glad that you are happy with your appearance. You have a great headshape for a shave, and it looks good on you.

You might consider a peptide like tricomin to keep you scalp skin looking young all your life. Peptides get skin to remodel themselves. Old bald men sometimes get liver spots and discoloration as the immuno response takes its toll. One forty dollar bottle of tricomin would probably last you a couple of years on a shaved head. The spray would be very good for the face also. Its something to consider that will let you keep your face and head youthful for a very long time. Folligen would probably do the same thing.

In a way, blondeguy, I agree with some of what you have stated. If a guy is a NW2 and starts using the big three, but does not have success and steadily keeps losing hair.......................his hair genetics might be overwhelmingly tilted towards baldness, and a shave really might be in order. Certainly no surgery, etc.

Nevertheless, Im rooting for the cloning researchers and the gene reserachers so guys like you can have the choice to keep a shave or sprout a forrest at your leisure. Good luck.

Pondle

Reaction score
I'd say the age spots on the scalp are prob best dealt with by a good photostable broad spectrum sunscreen... I think they are likely due to UVA.

G

Pondle said:
I'd say the age spots on the scalp are prob best dealt with by a good photostable broad spectrum sunscreen... I think they are likely due to UVA.

any recommendation for a good one pondle?

Pondle

Reaction score
In the USA,-

La Roche Posay Anthelios SX SPF 15/PPD 15 Daily Moisturizer. The only American sunscreen that contains Mexoryl SX.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer, Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 55 [NOT the SPF 30 and SPF 45, which are NOT photostable.

In Europe,-

Bioderma
La Roche Posay
Vichy Capital Soleil
Ducray
Avene
Boots Soltan
RoC Minesol
Eucerin
Garnier
L'Oreal
Sunwards
...and other brands

G

Pondle, question if I may.

I don't know much about this stuff.

Is it true that if you get even a slight tan from the sun, that means that UVA rays are penetrating your skin and you need to be more vigilant about applying sunscreen more regularly and perhaps a higher volume of it? i've been told this before but unsure if it's true. should someone who is getting no sun damage to their skin not be darkening at all in it?

thanks.

Pondle

Reaction score
JayMan, UVA is ever present all through the year and in all weather conditions, though it does vary seasonally in intensity. UVA does not cause burning or tanning - unless you are very fair. If you are really concerned about UVA damage and photo-ageing, wear a photostable UVA protective sunscreen daily.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Pondle said:
JayMan, UVA is ever present all through the year and in all weather conditions, though it does vary seasonally in intensity. UVA does not cause burning or tanning - unless you are very fair. If you are really concerned about UVA damage and photo-ageing, wear a photostable UVA protective sunscreen daily.

Pondle, lately I have been reading in the papers that we need some sun in our skin without protection at all to sinthetize (sp?) D vitamin. Just 15 min a day in face and hands should be enough. Any idea if this is "scientific"?

Pondle

Reaction score
Yes I've seen a similar claim too. A sensible approach would be to avoid over-exposure, use a UVA sunscreen regularly and take Vitamin D supplements if you're worried about not getting enough.

G

what's photostable mean? i see the one you recommended for americans that is photostable but it's super expensive. can i get away with using a non-photostable one?

wait, i think you said this one was photostable, right? the 55?

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod. ... T-0-SEARCH

will this work just as well as the la roche one at stopping me from aging from the sun?

thanks.

Pondle

Reaction score
Photostable means that it won't break down quickly upon exposure to sunlight. Many US sunscreens aren't photostable - they last less than 2 hrs. Avobenzone is a notoriously unstable sunscreen filter unless its paired with stabilisers. I think the Neutrogena Helioplex is a pretty good product. Not sure what its PPD rating is though. The PPD (anti-UVA) is usually a good indication of anti-ageing effectiveness.