Pictures of regrowth on various people for the newbies

G

Pondle said:
Photostable means that it won't break down quickly upon exposure to sunlight. Many US sunscreens aren't photostable - they last less than 2 hrs. Avobenzone is a notoriously unstable sunscreen filter unless its paired with stabilisers. I think the Neutrogena Helioplex is a pretty good product. Not sure what its PPD rating is though. The PPD (anti-UVA) is usually a good indication of anti-ageing effectiveness.

Hey Pondle,

I searched Google and it said that the PPD rating of it is somewhere b etween 8 and 10 inclusive.

Is that good?

As for it breaking down in the sun, why not just apply regular sunscreen every hour and a half or so while out in the sun? Would that work just as well for UVA protection?

Pondle

Reaction score
Hmmm, we can get PPD 20 or even 28 in Europe. Isn't the LRP product I mentioned to you PPD 12?

As for reapplying an unstable sunscreen, yes you could do that but it would be a pain. There is also greater potential for nstable sunscreens to release free radicals that can harm your skin.

G

Pondle said:
Hmmm, we can get PPD 20 or even 28 in Europe. Isn't the LRP product I mentioned to you PPD 12?

As for reapplying an unstable sunscreen, yes you could do that but it would be a pain. There is also greater potential for nstable sunscreens to release free radicals that can harm your skin.

Yeah that one is 12 but it's expensive man. I'm saying that the Neutrogena one is 8-10 and from what I just read there's not much differenc ebetween 8-10 and 12. so i should be good wtih the neutrogena ultra sheer dry touch one right?

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
A while ago on here someone showed how the Eucapil pic was taken to make it look good. I believe the first one where he looks pretty bald is taken straight down on top of the head with lights and flash on, that's why the light is distributed evenly throughout the picture and you can see his scalp clearly. In the second the guy is lying on his back, or he is in a dull room, and the flash is off, hence the shadow on his back.

With Photoshop you can do a lot to make photos look different too. If these dudes had the brains they would have lightened the shadow in Photoshop. That's what they will probably do now in future advertising!

results%20after%2012%20months.jpg

HARM1

Established Member
Reaction score
MB, do you really think one can hole all is hair with spironolactone and nizoral?! how can someone aplly spironolactone to all his harry areas? and even if he did, yo ureally think nizoral and spironolactone are stonger than nature?

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
biff said:

This is one of the most horrible before-after photos I've ever seen. Just look how dark the "after" photo is....I dont say the product is a scam, but the photographer must surely is.

Put a spotlight on the head of the after-photo and you will get pretty much the same look as the before photo....

HORRIBLE. TERRIBLE.

:freaked2:

michael barry

Reaction score
Guys,

The first (infamous) fluridil pic is a baddie alright. I was dissapointed as awfuckk myself.

However, Keep in mind that old dude who started getting regrowth after 6 years of internal spironolactone after being bald for forty years, all over his head.

A receptor blocker is just that, thats all its going to do. It would take alot of TIME for a receptor blocker alone to really regrow hair. Time as in multiple years. The recent fluridil hirsutism study is encouraging however, as is the female alopecia study with the stuff.

Eucapil and nizoral really might be a pretty damned effective regimine, side effect free, that would allow one to keep what they had for a long while and keep the premature ageing of the scalp at bay until something better (cloning) is availed to us. What I liked about the first fluridil study done way on back was after nine months usage, 87% of hairs were growing where they were growing on most subjects, even if they werent large or big hairs-----------------it was keeping them alive. All the heads in the three pics of fluridil that we do have were pretty damned balding at the time the fluridil was introduced. I have much better hair than any of those guys-----so imagine what it could do for someone like myself.

I have cautious optomism about fluridil. I wish there was some kind of men's alopecia study with it over twenty four months. Then again, I wish some company would buy the rights to RU and run with it too, but it hasn't happened.

IBM

Reaction score
michael barry said:
However, Keep in mind that old dude who started getting regrowth after 6 years of internal spironolactone after being bald for forty years, all over his head.

That is have to do with fibrosis effect on follicules? Regrowth time depends on untreatment time?

michael barry

Reaction score
Lovely female in that avatar,

you wrote: "That is have to do with fibrosis effect on follicules? Regrowth time depends on untreatment time?"

Time could be sped up with something like prox-n to attempt to reverse the damage for a couple of years. Perhaps spironolactone and prox-N at night together, and fluridil for the daytime? Or finas, fluidil and some prox-n right after the shower.............?

We dont know "how" successful fluridi is also. I mean I dont think its as good as RU supposedly is, but if we can keep androgens from binding period, then hair thats been lost a while might really have a shot.