pictures of hair systems from users

HairLust

Reaction score
imlosinit said:
Dude, the difference is remarkable.

Is it detectable in your estimation?

Thanks. No I don't think it's detectable as long as I keep it clean and attach it correctly.

Preston

Reaction score
HairLust said:
Here are my 'before' pics

I am considering a hair system , I've got 1 question for you if you don't mind .

I see you still have some hair on the top , isn't that a problem ? I mean the fact of putting glue etc doesn't destroy the hair left ? like traction alopecia for example .
Because in the future I want to get a hair transplant so this is worrying me ...

HairLust

Reaction score
Preston said:
HairLust said:
Here are my 'before' pics

I am considering a hair system , I've got 1 question for you if you don't mind .

I see you still have some hair on the top , isn't that a problem ? I mean the fact of putting glue etc doesn't destroy the hair left ? like traction alopecia for example .
Because in the future I want to get a hair transplant so this is worrying me ...

I shave the hair on top and attach the system using strong double sided tape around the edges. I don't know if this destroys the hair on top, it keeps growing for me anyway. It's not an issue for me as I will be wearing a system probably until I die. I think you should ask a dermatologist about hair systems and hairloss.

pokerboi.ben

Reaction score
hey i m thyinkin of gettin a system,,,,,,,,,,a few qstns:
1)came across dis Transition group offerring sensi graft hair bases,,,,does any 1 hav ne idea about dis company???
2)which is d best base material ???i need one which shud be durable n undetectable at d same time
pls reply

Grimoire

Reaction score
A hair system weighs 2 - 3 oz - much lighter than any hat. Early on, you will be aware that something is sitting on top of your head, but after you've been wearing for a while, you will be completely unaware of it.

noneother

Reaction score
hmmm, another question is how about changing styles. i would imagine you can go from long hair style to short hair style but the switch to short will be permanent

Grimoire

Reaction score
Monty: You really need to loosen up - it's not as tough as you think.

You said: I don't want to go too aggressive but I want to get something that brings not just my temples and hair line forward but my temple points ie the triangles in front of the side burns. Is this even possible. Will I have to shave my head?

***I doubt, as a Norwood 3, that your temple points have receded very much. Unless it’s extreme, don’t worry about it.

Can I cut the peice myself when it's on. It is absolutely not an option to go to a salon and have a cut. I just couldn't stand the indignity of it.

*** Go to a women’s salon for your styling. Often they have private rooms. If you really want to try styling it yourself, consider using a RoboCut.

Can I still use topical like minoxidil when wearing a peice? Will it handle sweating my balls off day in day out and wearing a hard hat?

***You can use any treatment you want – wearing a piece won’t affect it.

***Perspiration and scalp oil can compromise the security of your attachment, so you may have to remove and re-attach more frequently than other people.

***A hard hat will rub the hair and will probably cause it to fall out sooner that it would otherwise.

If you are ordering online do you just go for pot luck on the thickness etc. For example I was thinking of going 50% density on the front and 75 everywhere else with 5% grey added. I am going to send a sample of my own hair to get the exact colour.

***Send a pic or two of yourself so that the factory can gauge your hair density and make the piece to match.

What about hair growth? How do I explain the fact that my hair on top never grows

***Explain to whom? I am 58 years old and I have never, ever noticed the hair growth on top of anybody’s head!

You need to trust me on this – nobody is paying as much attention to your hair as you think they are. Your hair really isn’t very important to anybody other than yourself.

pokerboi.ben

Reaction score
has any xperienced change in d scalp color o texture where d st=ystem is atteched,,,,,,,coz i have seen a few picture where the sclap looks tender(may b coz it stays under d base for such long time )