[pics] Considering getting a frontal piece...

receded93

Reaction score
Hello -

I am relatively young (18) and have a significant amount of front recession for my age.

As much as I'd hate to start wearing hair so early, I am considering it as a pre-emptive action to keep my options open, rather than continue going bald until it becomes an unwanted focal point of my appearance.

Here is a photo of my actual hairline:

scaled.php

And here is a photoshopped picture of what I would like to achieve, in terms of the hairline level and density. Basically, keep it low-density but bring the hairline down a bit.

scaled.php

The most ideal scenario would be a small frontal piece that I could actually put in front of my real hair without shaving much or at all. But I realize this may not be possible and I may need to shave a couple inches back.

I'm open to your input and suggestions!

Thanks
Jon S.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Jon, you got a decent hairstyle as it is by the way but i can see why you might want to lower it a little. Im sorry i can be of any help but i want in on this thread, i havent heard much of frontal pieces, i wonder if someone like andrei ermenko who posts on here can help out as id love to know more about the possibilities too

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jon it would be great if you reported back if you find some good stuff or if you get one etc!

Andrei do you know much about these?

waldo

Reaction score
you know what?

just try it. the cost for one piece + supplies is definitely affordable and since unlike guys who want to transition into wearing full systems you wont have to shave anything off. in other words zero risk for you involved. only cost.

so try it!

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha sorry Andrei, Im saying I dont know anything about frontal pieces, i didnt even know they might exist until this thread! Im curious to see some examples etc

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
as I PM you, i've ordered a custom one from northwestlace and I can let you know in one month about the quality.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nice one. let us all know how you get on i think there may be a few guys interested in this kind of thing

receded93

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just wanted to update you on my piece.

I ordered a stock lace/skin combo piece from Eric at Northwest Lace a week ago and it is amazing. I cut it into a partial and I cannot speak highly enough of how well these pieces are, especially for the money.

Here's a couple new pics with the piece:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff205/erichsenp/hair loss%20Album/Cutin.jpg

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff205/erichsenp/hair loss%20Album/Cutin2.jpg

Before cut-in:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff205/erichsenp/hair loss%20Album/color7stock.jpg

More pics here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/678938/t ... %29+Photos

Jon

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks good dude.

Im having a hard time discerning your natural hair from the piece, how big is it? How you getting on with wearing it?

receded93

Reaction score
The piece now only about 3" deep.

Definitely liking it so far. Going to try for a few months and so long as it doesn't seem to be consuming my life I'll wear it permanently :)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You did not shave your frontal hair to do that right?

receded93

Reaction score
Had to shave about 3" back. I only slightly wanted to lower my hairline and ended up needing to shave in order to provide proper support for the HP.

Swopo

Reaction score
it would be nice if you could upload a close-up pic, so we could see the knotting.

Does it match your own hair color in every lighting?
It looks great.

receded93

Reaction score
It does match PERFECTLY and that was largely coincidence. I sent a photo of my hair color to the supplier prior to ordering and took his recommendation, and it matches 100% in every light. Very lucky for that to be the case.

It looks like the factory did a good job bleaching the front knots.

Swopo

Reaction score
Glad to hear the good news :)
Congrats!

Anyway please keep us updated about the durability, changes in hair color and texture...