[pic] See How Minoxidil Darkens Hair

Durandal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Under minoxidil since 3 years now, here is a picture to document the effects of discoloration caused by minoxidil where I bring my hair from behind in front of those being treated with minoxidil, so we can see the difference (Sorry for the bad quality, if you want I can do more pics) ;

cFMFWis.jpg

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just switched to 10mg oral minoxidil today. How's your progress?

My progress is alright, i recently just ditched topical though so we will see if i lose alot of hair in the coming months but i hope the 10mg of oral i take will maintain what i have, crown needs much more density, with some careful combing i can hide my baldness but when wet it's still a disaster. Overall i wouldn't say the results are miraculous or anything, there only so much it can do, hope your results are better than mine though, good luck.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Under minoxidil since 3 years now, here is a picture to document the effects of discoloration caused by minoxidil where I bring my hair from behind in front of those being treated with minoxidil, so we can see the difference (Sorry for the bad quality, if you want I can do more pics) ;

View attachment 133726

How long were you using minoxidil when you realized a color difference? Has it grow a lot of hair for you? I am at the 2.5 month mark and am wondering if I am ever going to see regrowth. I do believe my hair has gotten much darker when I compare before and after pics.

Durandal

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long were you using minoxidil when you realized a color difference? Has it grow a lot of hair for you? I am at the 2.5 month mark and am wondering if I am ever going to see regrowth. I do believe my hair has gotten much darker when I compare before and after pics.

I would say that I realized it after ~6 months/1 year. Note that my hair are very long (going at the bottom of my back), so it is amplified by the fact that old hair usually is lighter than new ones. But minoxidil definitely impacted that. I didn't had lot of regrowth with minoxidil alone, it's more of a maintenance product. It's been 3 months that I've switched to minoxidil + azelaic acid, and I can tell that I now have some regrowths. Or atleast improves the overall quality of my hair & strengthen it. It's slow, and not miracle, but well, still better than nothing.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok.... thanks I am trying to be patient and hoping I can at least get my hair to stop coming out so it can grow naturally. When did you stop shedding? We’re you still shedding at the 2.5 month mark like me? When you got only a little regrowth with minoxidil alone, was that around the time or shortly after you realized your hair was turning darker? I feel if hair is getting darker that must mean it is getting thicker right? All I have achieved so far after a few months is a decent amount of vellus hair forming temple points, a little bit of vellus at the hairline, and I really cant tell if anything is happening on the top because I am really diffusing.

Durandal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, shedding stopped approx near 3-4 months, and minor regrowth/hairloss stop pretty much around this time. Darker doesn't mean thicker, just that minoxidil is doing its work on the hair. Don't expect too much from minoxidil alone anyway.