Philosophical thoughts about the wig…

Peter_mac

Reaction score
Yeah, thats why I took mine off and decided not to wear one anymore. It just made me so paranoid and uncomfortable. Even when I had the hairpiece on good and knew it was not detectable, if someone looked at me I would feel uncomfortable thinking they "detected" it. I really think its not worth it and its a big hassle too with maintenance.

People with good natural looking wigs say that they feel like it's their own hair, didn't you feel it ?

I go with a comb-over for many years now, and I can tell you that people usually never look at my hair, I mean, when people who know me see me for the first time in the day, they look at my face and might glance at my hair, but not specific, THEN, if sometime later, I catch them raising their eyes to look at my hair again, I KNOW something is wrong with the combover. It is so easy to spot on their raised eyes. If your haircut is not something out of the ordinary, rather just an ordinary haircut they see everyday on people heads, you won't catch them looking at your hair, if you caught them looking at your hair, something is wrong. This leads me to think something was wrong with your piece (maybe too much density on top ?), something was wrong with the blending (color issues ?), it didn't look fully natural.

Do you have a pic of you wearing the piece ?

Regarding maintanance, well, I have a friend who has Type I Diabetes, he carries with him insulin and glucose meter to everywhere, take blood every few hours, and inject himself every few hours, every day he is spending like 20-30 minutes on this whole issue. Why shouldn't we spend 20-30 minutes a day on something that makes us look younger and more pretty ?

Oh, this same guy spends about 2 hours a day at the gym, mainly to look good for the girls, so again, why shouldn't we spend 20-30 minutes a day on something that is equivalent in our appearance to going to the gym ?

All I'm trying to say is, if it makes you look good, and you like looking good, the maintanance is worth it (as long as it's 20-30 minutes a day, and not hours each day). You must also feel good with it when it's on top, otherwise it's not worth it, if your wig looked natural (and I could see that if you provide a pic), then indeed you have a point.

I don't know how old are you and if you're married, but for me (young, unmarried, and want to enjoy dating for many years to come), the alternative to the wig, meaning looking less attractive and older (or in other words, bald), is out of the question.

CCS

Reaction score
For you it is a total win win. Have you made a template already? Get a thin roll of scotch tap, and one strip at a time, go accross the bald area. Then go 90 degrees to that, then 90 degrees to that, then peal it off, and put tap on the inside where it is sticky, so it is all smooth and slick on the outside. Get a pencil thickness sample about 3 inches long from somewhere people won't notice, preferabley neer the bald area so the color will match. Then pick free style since you do forwards, ask for swiss, maybe with super thin skin permiter in back, and send it in. You will get it in 2 months. Toplace can do a rush order in a week. And you can get a stock piece for less in a week too, if you area really worried about the combover getting spotted in the next 2 months.

If you want a 3 finger hair line, do temple flaps too with your template. But if you do temple flaps, you really have to know the geometry that looks real, or you get spotted fast. If you got temples, you don't need the flaps.

scrunch your forehead. Do not put the piece below where it scrunches, or you get a bad bond, and might be too low.

CCS

Reaction score
I really wish I had used my hair transplant money for HP. Then my sides would be thicker too. Thick sides make you look younger and sexier, and I can tell the difference on people. Even NW1's very, and the thick sides look better there too. Tempting to go full cap, but seems like a hassle when I have so much hair. And short hair on the neck blend means I'd have to get the back perfect, which is much harder than a front partial. The nape flexes, so you can't go that low.

Peter_mac

Reaction score
If you want a 3 finger hair line, do temple flaps too with your template. But if you do temple flaps, you really have to know the geometry that looks real, or you get spotted fast. If you got temples, you don't need the flaps.

My hairline is already given. My hairloss is diffused. I can see exactly where my hairline goes right now, since I have hairs there (it has recession, and I want it there with the wig). The comb-over goes over my hairline, so nobody can really tell for sure whether my hairline is thick or thin, and because I'm going for a comb-down style, it won't even matter much.

Actually, if I'll do a comb-down style NOW, with my own hair, then if I use toppik, it will probably look very similar to what I will get with the wig.

CCS

Reaction score
Toppik can be a big hassle if you are thin enough. But might be an easy solution. Try it. But most likely you will be even more insecure than with the piece. Dermmatch comes off in the shower, BTW, though they claim it is water resistant. And you can't use that much dermmatch, or it is obvious in the right lighting. A proffessor of mine had it all the way down his forehead to recreate a lower hairline. Fooled me from 20 feet away at first, but as he moved around the room, I could tell something was not right, and within 3 days could see it from my seat. I did the same thing he did with dermmatch, but people could tell within 6 feet. Depends on lighting and angle. You can fool most for a short while, but they will know soon enough with these cover ups. I'd get the piece. Many guys spend at least 10 minutes, or even 30, using cover ups, which look fake enough people think it is a wig when it is their own hair.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sorry to budge in on your guys soul bonding session. CCS, you make dating sound like high stakes international espionage, like a poker game with the devil himself. I'm not saying your observations are devoid of truth, but the level of detail and depth of thought that you have devoted to this topic is monumental on a obsessive compulsive scale. If it works for you, then CCS be praised. On the philosophy of wigs, the reason they are shunned by society is that they expect males to be natural- what you see is what you get. There are enough double standards and contradictions for me to disagree with this idea. The only way I will ever have a full head of hair is if I get a system unfortunately, I am beyond hope for drugs and transplants apparently.

CCS

Reaction score
If you look good naturally, getting sex with a good looking woman is super easy and fast. If you don't look good naturally, then you got to jump through many hoops and learn tricks to get it. Above average looking guys will always laugh at what I have to say. None of them want to realize how much their looks matter, though a few of them know and go to the gym regularly because of it. I know too, but making it happen is easier said than done.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
CCS, you make dating sound like high stakes international espionage, like a poker game with the devil himself. I'm not saying your observations are devoid of truth, but the level of detail and depth of thought that you have devoted to this topic is monumental on a obsessive compulsive scale.

Reading CCS for years, it is fairly obvious that he is obsessive compulsive on just about everything he approaches.

CCS

Reaction score
ToupMaster said:
uncomfortable man said:
CCS, you make dating sound like high stakes international espionage, like a poker game with the devil himself. I'm not saying your observations are devoid of truth, but the level of detail and depth of thought that you have devoted to this topic is monumental on a obsessive compulsive scale.

Reading CCS for years, it is fairly obvious that he is obsessive compulsive on just about everything he approaches.

That is true. Well, not everything. Well, yes everything, but not constructively. I'll spend more time thinking about doing something, and stressing about it, and never actually do it.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with many things Peter Mac and CCS said about women, figuring out women is simular to cracking a code lol. Dating these days is very complex.
From what I find, women are very self centered and manipulative and any countermeasure men use on women to thwart womens tricks and mind games is justifiable in my book. Currently my ex girlfriend is dating my worst enemy and put me on caller block after I gave her my all, emotionally and financially.
Im a sucker for punishment,I loved her but she didnt love me back because I just plain tried too hard. I got a new set of rules now, I see as many women I want without remorse because to me you cant put all of your eggs in one basket.
Always have a women or two in reserve so you dont ever come off desperate unless you have a faithful woman thats loyal to you emotionally and sexually thats a different case scenario,but for the most part guys keep your guard up and never surrender to her. A womans job is to love honour and especially obey her man,anything less is B.S.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
scorpiolove74 said:
A womans job is to love honour and especially obey her man,anything less is B.S.

So that is the purpose and job of a woman!

Well Dude you go ahead and hang on to that belief.
You'll go far.

CCS

Reaction score
I lost sympathy for him when I read that. But women do bad stuff to nice guys too. Actually, there are nice women and bad women. Sometimes hard to tell apart because the bad ones always pretend to be nice until they have something over you, then they let it all out. Ideally the nice people should date each other, and the mean people should date each other.

I disagree with other stuff he said. Do not try to power fight with a woman. Just run the other way if she likes power over you. Unless you love drama and struggle. I'd rather spend my time with people who care about me and don't need to be strong armed into doing stuff.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
I lost sympathy for him when I read that. But women do bad stuff to nice guys too. Actually, there are nice women and bad women. Sometimes hard to tell apart because the bad ones always pretend to be nice until they have something over you, then they let it all out. Ideally the nice people should date each other, and the mean people should date each other.

I disagree with other stuff he said. Do not try to power fight with a woman. Just run the other way if she likes power over you. Unless you love drama and struggle. I'd rather spend my time with people who care about me and don't need to be strong armed into doing stuff.

I lost sympathy for you when I read that. But men do bad stuff to nice gals too. Actually, there are nice men and bad men. Sometimes hard to tell apart because the bad ones always pretend to be nice until they have something over you, then they let it all out. Ideally the nice people should date each other, and the mean people should date each other.

I disagree with other stuff he said. Do not try to power fight with a man. Just run the other way if he likes power over you. Unless you love drama and struggle. I'd rather spend my time with people who care about me and don't need to be strong armed into doing stuff.

scorpiolove74

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay guys I see your point,I was just venting and laying my pimp hand down lol(Joking).
Seriously though I think a good relationship is one where its equal and fair to both parties involved.
Sometimes you give and sometimes you take, but you got to know the proper time to do so(give or take).

CCS

Reaction score
ToupMaster said:
CCS said:

I lost sympathy for you when I read that. But men do bad stuff to nice gals too. Actually, there are nice men and bad men. Sometimes hard to tell apart because the bad ones always pretend to be nice until they have something over you, then they let it all out. Ideally the nice people should date each other, and the mean people should date each other.

I disagree with other stuff he said. Do not try to power fight with a man. Just run the other way if he likes power over you. Unless you love drama and struggle. I'd rather spend my time with people who care about me and don't need to be strong armed into doing stuff.

Um... you just copied what I said but changed the gender. Not sure what your point is.

s.a.f

Reaction score
If you dont get what he means, .... nevermind. :roll: :shakehead:

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
If you dont get what he means, .... nevermind. :roll: :shakehead:

THANKS!
I was going to comment much the same way.
But, I figured as you, if he didn't get it....
Well, what more could I say.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
CCS fell off the logic wagon.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS fell off the logic wagon.?????

I've watched him for years

He's edgy!
But I think he will make it.

Attachments