Phase 2 for GT20029 begins in China

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How soon until this stuff is available on the grey market in the US?

Phase 2 for GT20029 (AR degrader) Begins in China

Kintor Pharma just completed the first patient enrollment in China for its proteolysis targeting chimera (PROTAC) compound GT20029. The Phase II clinical trial is a multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. It will evaluate the efficacy and safety of androgen receptor degrader GT20029 for treating male pattern baldness in Chinese adults. Kintor plans to enroll a total of 180 male Androgenetic Alopecia patients from 12 centers nationwide.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While its good news this drug is far from being available worldwide, like 3-5 years at least.

Im a bit worried about Kintor, their stock have been falling steadily for the last few months. Most likely because they spent millions on multiple clinical trials for drugs like Proxalutamide for COVID which apparently didnt worked as expected.

While its true they have raised a good amount ($100 million) through 2 top-up share placements last december they are running both FDA and China regulatory clinicial trials which means they will be burning cash at light speed.

So, they will really need pyrilutamide to not only succeed phase 3 trials but also to become a blockbuster drug ASAP

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How soon until this stuff is available on the grey market in the US?

Phase 2 for GT20029 (AR degrader) Begins in China

Kintor Pharma just completed the first patient enrollment in China for its proteolysis targeting chimera (PROTAC) compound GT20029. The Phase II clinical trial is a multi-center, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. It will evaluate the efficacy and safety of androgen receptor degrader GT20029 for treating male pattern baldness in Chinese adults. Kintor plans to enroll a total of 180 male Androgenetic Alopecia patients from 12 centers nationwide.

Its a very complex molecule, way more difficult to synthesize than common ar bockers.

So if they succeed it wont be cheap

Last edited:

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there isn’t a clear explanation about why it won’t go systemic to the body blood, it could be the most dangerous hairloss drug ever.

Think about a drug degrading the AR from all your body.

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If there isn’t a clear explanation about why it won’t go systemic to the body blood, it could be the most dangerous hairloss drug ever.

They should figure out a way to do some kind of safety test before they make this available. I'm going to call my scientist friends to see if they've thought of that!

whymedamn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

exactly. the effect could be like the poison pill finasteride .. but more permanent as it degrades receptors ..

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgen receptors are perpetually being replaced in the body. Degrading the existing ones would be a temporary effect.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgen receptors are perpetually being replaced in the body. Degrading the existing ones would be a temporary effect.
It takes a few days to regenerate though. If this stuff is potent enough and safe it can be the perfect replacement to ARIs like finasteride/dutasteride and AR blockers of course

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you know that? Is there any other similar drug on the market?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
while 90% of us uses finasteride or dutasteride without a problem

Define "without a problem."

A drug with no side effect problem has zero sides. None. Nada. Zip. You could switch the user's supply with fake placebos and they wouldn't know the difference until their hair started falling out several weeks later. If you think this is how it goes for 90% of 5ar drug users then I have a bridge for sale.

Baldingtooyoung

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Define "without a problem."

A drug with no side effect problem has zero sides. None. Nada. Zip. You could switch the user's supply with fake placebos and they wouldn't know the difference until their hair started falling out several weeks later. If you think this is how it goes for 90% of 5ar drug users then I have a bridge for sale.
Ok bro, go make a thread about it instead of having the f*****g same conversation for 10 years in every new drug thread.
Let's keep this clear of that talk.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
90% finasteride users with no problem, except flaccid penis, arrhythmias, insomnia, depression. Finasteride for men is like the contraceptive pill for women, pure poison that changes even your way of being and seeing life.

Last edited: