Perspiration With Full Poly Skin? Its That A Problem?

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
its that a problem? since the cleaning is much easier.
any recomendation?
also why people dont use poly all aroud and lace in the middle?

thanks for any answer

best regards

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear UTS and have gone on holidays where the temperature is 40 degrees centigrade (104F). It isn't a huge problem, but it does mean that bit more maintenance to keep the hairline neat. The hairpiece doesn't come off... I even jumped off a 10ft pier into the ocean with my hair on, and it was fine :)

People do use lace with poly surround. I don't. But I guess it's a personal preference: I like my system to be fully bonded because it feels like more secure and more natural and doesn't itch a bit.

Noah

Reaction score
I guess it differs between different people. I live and work in a part of the world which is often hot and humid, and I would find it intolerable to wear an all-poly base. It has to be lace for me. I have tried skin pieces, but I found my sweat would pool under the base. It was uncomfortable, and I was also concerned that so much sweat and oil gathering under the piece could weaken the bond (although to be fair I have no evidence that that ever did happen).

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in Texas, so 100+ degree days are common. I was using a 100% lace system, but found that in the heat, my bond would begin to seep thru the lace, and I had bond in my hair. This made it hard to maintain, and look the same day after day. So we moved to a hybrid. I now have a lace front, and around the temple area, it is poly (I use dermal Lines). In the veri center it goes back to lace. I feel it is more breathable than poor, and heat can. Escape. On the perimeter area where I’m. Using poly, I use a bond in addition to tap. Onthe front of the system, I’m using Devlin adhesive bond, and on the very top of my head where it is also lace, I’m not using anything.

Not using any bond or adhesive on the top is a true compromise. The bond in my hair issue is resolved, it is cooler than poly- so all good. But it took some getting use to. I feel a difference when I do simple things like make facial expressions, or when I sleep, I can feel the lace move on my head. I was worried I’d accidentally rip it off when I slept, but I haven’t. The bond and. Tape has kept it well afixed to my head. I can easily clean my visible hairline on the front. So overall it works well.

Now that it is cooling off, I’ll keep the poly perimeter, but just go with bond on my entire system and ditch the tape. With poly and tape, I can easily feel the transition from my bio hair to the system. No one can notice it of course, but I’m a bit self conscious about it.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here in Israel, where it is still HOT, and humid, and it's almost November, most guys use lace, and I, as well as many of my clients are going with an all tape bond.