Person's story (Updated 16/2/07)

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
brentx said:
person_123 said:
I really can't help it. I'm too self concious about my hair at the moment.

It's gotten back to the stage where it was at before I started Propecia. Whenever I tug a bit at my hair, a few will come out. I sometimes sit here for a few minutes just tugging and placing them on a sheet of paper. It's terribly depressing.

I don't think people who know me notice it at all. Noboby would stare that long and hard at the top of my head after all.

It seems to me like you don't even want to get over this depression.. If your hair is better than mine I'll be really p*ssed off the way your talking!

I've lost HEAPS of density over the last 2 months purely because of stressing, and pulling hair out, and brushing, and washing consantly, etc.. If you don't stop NOW you'll make it WAY worse.. So stop..

Really man, it's not easy, but you have to make a big effort just to stop thinking about it :) It's hard, so you just have to force yourself to stop!

The finasteride is working! Just give it time to show results!

What Norwood are you? I don't know if my hair is better than yours, but I do what you do. I spend some time pulling hair out, analysing the top of my head, and so on. I do want to get over this depression, and I'm trying to not look at my hair as much as possible. It's hard, as I need to look at it every now and then to feel ok with myself in public, and if somebody is suddenly looking up at my head, I feel even more self concious.

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
Well.. Actually, I guess I've been a NW2 since I was 16! It's just in the last few years I'm going thin all over! And dude.. A lot of the hotter girls really LOVE a receeding hairline! Honest, 2 months ago (before my hairloss stress started) I was slaying the ladies, haha! Well, maybe not quite slaying, but definately getting a few really hot girls.. Believe me when I say, IT'S ALL ABOUT CONFIDENCE! Just do your best to keep the top nice and thick and you're set! Good luck mate!

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
That's the thing, the top isn't thick.

My hair line is acceptable to me at the moment. It has actually been restored a bit (In my eyes anyway) by finasteride. I'm more worried about the top, I want to be able to get better regrowth on the top, but it just keeps looking thin.

I looked at your story, how long is your hair? I feel my top may be the same as your one, but I'm not sure. Did you comb it all forward in that picture? Did you ruffle it up?

I just got to stop tugging/pulling at it for now and ride out the medication and sheds. Hopefully I see significant regrowth soon.

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the proccess of growing it longer.. I had it long until about 9 months ago, and it's been downhill since then..

I think I must have been thinning for a long time, but just didn't notice it much because I still looked good.. With the last haircut I got, BOOM everyone is commenting on my thinning hair! Freaky!

Also, in the last 2 months I've been stressing about it and playing with it and I've been accidentaly removing more and more hairs that probably didn't have to come out so.. My bad.. Since then I can actually see new hairs growing, so stress has A LOT to do with my rapid thinning, and it probably has a negative effect on yours too, so stop!

Don't worry man, if the top of your head is like mine, apparently we have a very good chance to stop it, and even thicken it up a bit using finasteride :)

50 bucks says in 3 months of finasteride use it'll look better, and in 6, 12, 18 months we'll be 100% damn sexy again, haha ;-p

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted on these forums for quite a while now.

Just thought I'd share my current situation with all of you.

I still feel like my hair is thin. My temples are still slightly receeded and still not a day goes by when I don't think about my hairloss.

It's been 8 months since I started finasteride, and I don't think I've gotten much worse, though some days I think I have.

It's hard to tell, I try not to look much at my hands when I'm having a shower, because I don't like to see hair on my palms.

I'm sticking with finasteride for now, can't see much else I can do. I also use nizoral.

It's hard to tell after each hair cut whether or not my hair has become worse. After a hair cut, it usually looks thin, then when the hair gets longer, it covers up more, then when it gets too long, it starts to look a bit thin again as the hairs all fall in one direction.

Some days I get mega bummed about it, some days I just don't care.

I don't know why I've stopped posting for a while, I think it's because I was trying to avoid thinking about it, but lately, it's been getting on my mind again.

What are your opinions on my case at the moment? I know there aren't any pictures to go by, but seeing as I think I haven't had significant regrowth yet, is it still possible for me to achieve significant regrowth? 8 month mark.

I also notice a few very small very short hairs on my scalp. Whenever I part my hair and hold it back, I see in the split a few small hairs. Are these hairs regrowth? Or are they miniturised hair?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
person_123 said:
I haven't posted on these forums for quite a while now.

Just thought I'd share my current situation with all of you.

I still feel like my hair is thin. My temples are still slightly receeded and still not a day goes by when I don't think about my hairloss.

It's been 8 months since I started finasteride, and I don't think I've gotten much worse, though some days I think I have.

It's hard to tell, I try not to look much at my hands when I'm having a shower, because I don't like to see hair on my palms.

I'm sticking with finasteride for now, can't see much else I can do. I also use nizoral.

It's hard to tell after each hair cut whether or not my hair has become worse. After a hair cut, it usually looks thin, then when the hair gets longer, it covers up more, then when it gets too long, it starts to look a bit thin again as the hairs all fall in one direction.

Some days I get mega bummed about it, some days I just don't care.

I don't know why I've stopped posting for a while, I think it's because I was trying to avoid thinking about it, but lately, it's been getting on my mind again.

What are your opinions on my case at the moment? I know there aren't any pictures to go by, but seeing as I think I haven't had significant regrowth yet, is it still possible for me to achieve significant regrowth? 8 month mark.

I also notice a few very small very short hairs on my scalp. Whenever I part my hair and hold it back, I see in the split a few small hairs. Are these hairs regrowth? Or are they miniturised hair?

you will eventually accept it, it takes me a long time, but I think less and less of it everyday.

I use the big 3, and the thought of knowing i am doing everything i can to fight it comforts me. GL man