Permanent brain damage from finasteride?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sigh.

At worst, only some very few people appear to have negative effects on mood and libido. Bald people are all but guaranteed to struggle psychologically based upon all of the suicidal ideation we see on here. We see many of the same cranks post different versions of "hair loss made me an incel" over and over and they seem obsessed with wallowing in depression. This OP is no different.

Many people report only positive effects from dutasteride and finasteride on mood and libido and some report life-changing differences in mood and depression after using such meds. They actually leave their homes (or they used to, pre-plague) and they interact with others and they don't dwell constantly on self-disparaging thoughts.

I have seen no mechanism by which finasteride or dutasteride would cause permanent brain damage although this isn't any more precise than saying finasteride/duta cause people to "go crazy".

Virtually any sort of cost/benefit analysis is going to indicate as per Jeremy Bentham, that use of these medications increases overall human happiness and human utility.

None of us care really about these stories of woe related to "I took finasteride twice and start hallucinating" or "I took finasteride for a week and all of my hair fell out" or "I took finasteride last night and and my dick shrank several inches and would not get wood"....

I am to the point where I would say that maybe people get the results/sides that they deserve.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inform yourself, finasteride strongly affects the neurosteroidal system.

By inhibiting 5α-reductase and thus preventing DHT production, finasteride reduces androgen signaling in tissues like the prostate gland and the scalp. In the prostate, this reduces prostate volume, which improves BPH and reduces risk of prostate cancer. Finasteride reduces prostate volume by 20 to 30% in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia.[67] Inhibition of 5α-reductase also reduces epididymal weight, and decreases motility and normal morphology of spermatozoa in the epididymis.[68]

Neurosteroids like 3α-androstanediol (derived from DHT) and allopregnanolone (derived from progesterone) activate the GABAA receptor in the brain; because finasteride prevents the formation of neurosteroids, it functions as a neurosteroidogenesis inhibitor and may contribute to a reduction of GABAA activity. Reduction of GABAA receptor activation by these neurosteroids has been implicated in depression, anxiety, and sexual dysfunction.[69][70][71]

Nothing about permanent brain damage in there and nothing about the improvements in mood and depression of many many users. I don't care if you use it or not but copying and pasting does not an argument make. You guys all just assume away the voluminous benefits of these meds cause you don't like them. None of the experimental meds work even close to finasteride/duta and they are expensive, hard to get and not any safer in terms of altering potentially various hormones.

Because people with positive experiences tend not to post, maybe we need finasteride made me smarter, better looking and gave me confidence threads so you guys will go back and stay on your experimental threads hankering for phase three of whatever won't turn out again cause they never do.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha people who have sides from finasteride is because deserve to have ahahah you have no clue what you talk about.
Please do a favor study about inhibitors
5α-reductase.

Btw you don't need use finasteride to maintain your hair......i'm using minoxidil and ketoconazole everyday works better than this pills

tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
You really don't understand the complexity of 5ar inhibitors. What I "copy pasted" are facts, I understand you don't like those since people like you pretend fina and co are completely safe and only affect the state of your hair.

The rest of your post is subjective dribble based on your personal assumptions. And I strongly doubt finasteride made you "smarter and better looking".
Hi,friend.Do you have any similar side effects?I've stopped taking finasteride for 3 months and getting a little better, but last week I had sex with my girlfriend and it didn't work out.I can get an erection, but it goes soft after a while and I don't success to ejaculate .Feeling very embarrassed and sad.

tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
Give your body another 3-6 months to recover. If it doesn't, you have PFS and should take a different approach like a PCT for example (clomid, nolvadex, HCG,...) But stay calm, most people do recover by themselves.
Thanks for your reply.I'm using Minoxidil and RU58841 now.I don't know if RU has any effect on sexual function.RU can bind to AR, and I was wondering if RU could spread into the body and bind to AR in the body and cause androgens to fail to function

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is a fucked up drug but you’re definitely a hypochondriac.

tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen some guys complain of having sexual sides from RU. Hell even minoxidil has a couple of studies showing it could inhibit 5ar.

Definitely don't recommend using RU if your body hasn't fully recovered from fina yet.
Thank you for your advice. But three months after I stopped taking finasteride, my condition has recently deteriorated . My testicles became small again, and I couldn't get an erection or ejaculate properly.I am going to take Clomid.If it doesn't improve, I'll try HCG.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice. But three months after I stopped taking finasteride, my condition has recently deteriorated . My testicles became small again, and I couldn't get an erection or ejaculate properly.I am going to take Clomid.If it doesn't improve, I'll try HCG.
Clomid will make you feel like sh*t . You need to check your hormones levels, LH, FSH, Progesterone, Free Testosterone and Estradiol .

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You should consult your Doctor first... I think he will recommend some really good and working meds for you and your ED issues... I think they will work for you. I would also like to recommend that you have a look at the Canada Drugs service where you will find some really good and working stuff for it, good luck with it, hope I was helpful to you here :)

Last edited:

vagg

My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you feel now?

tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen some guys complain of having sexual sides from RU. Hell even minoxidil has a couple of studies showing it could inhibit 5ar.

Definitely don't recommend using RU if your body hasn't fully recovered from fina yet.
This my situation now.Clomid can sometimes make me better,But HCG doesn't have much effect on me.

tang

My Regimen
Reaction score
After HCG cycle you can stop for a month or two and see if you get better or not. If not try proviron. If that doesn't work you can try another clomid/nolvadex cycle. Could take a couple of cycles to get better. It's trial and error. Of course only do this under the supervision of an endocrinologist.
Is there a difference between Proviron and DHT?My current DHT level is very, very high.I don't think Proviron will work for me.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha people who have sides from finasteride is because deserve to have ahahah you have no clue what you talk about.
Please do a favor study about inhibitors
5α-reductase.

Btw you don't need use finasteride to maintain your hair......i'm using minoxidil and ketoconazole everyday works better than this pills
How so? Care to share your progress? I would appreciate.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How so? Care to share your progress? I would appreciate.
Works give me short hairs around the hairline but I needed stop the ketoconazole shampoo everyday because it dry completely my hair and I lost the gains after while.

Right now I'm using Topical zix, Topical ketoconazole líquid, Topical minoxidil and scalp massage it's to early to see if this my new combo do something to my hair I will see the next couple months.

I wont lose this

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Works give me short hairs around the hairline but I needed stop the ketoconazole shampoo everyday because it dry completely my hair and I lost the gains after while.

Right now I'm using Topical zix, Topical ketoconazole líquid, Topical minoxidil and scalp massage it's to early to see if this my new combo do something to my hair I will see the next couple months.
det er så kult show me pictures if you can. if not, thanks for answering anyway!1

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing about permanent brain damage in there and nothing about the improvements in mood and depression of many many users. I don't care if you use it or not but copying and pasting does not an argument make. You guys all just assume away the voluminous benefits of these meds cause you don't like them. None of the experimental meds work even close to finasteride/duta and they are expensive, hard to get and not any safer in terms of altering potentially various hormones.

Because people with positive experiences tend not to post, maybe we need finasteride made me smarter, better looking and gave me confidence threads so you guys will go back and stay on your experimental threads hankering for phase three of whatever won't turn out again cause they never do.
Yeah. What's your issue? Post some damn facts. But you actually have zero.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I won't pretend that finasteride is 100% safe, but it's all about risk vs reward. Am I worse off balding, or taking an established drug that doesn't really give me side effects? One could argue hundreds of drugs out there (birth control?) affect hormones that are important for the body, but millions of people take them. That doesn't make it right, but life is always about picking lesser evils.

Regarding the rat studies, those dosages of finasteride are off-the-chart high. How is that comparable to humans taking 1mg? I'm genuinely curious.