Peoples Shame Of Discussing Baldness

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanks for your sympathy. Yes, I suffer from Androgenetic Alopecia, and have been since the age of 20. My current situation is that my natural hair is heavily diffused all over (maybe a little less in the neck area), so I'm wearing integrated extensions that are attached to a net, to give me the appearance of a full head of hair. It's expensive and requires monthly maintenance, but it's better than walking around bald or wearing a full wig.
Good for you Evil. You've found a way through compromise to adapt without hating yourself for it. ;)

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Thanks, I.D. Yes, I'm in a better place now with my extensions than I was when I was walking around with noticeably thinning hair... And extensions beat a wig any day of the week, since I don't have to remove them every day. It's nice not having to see my thinning hair on a daily basis, and with the long extensions I feel a bit more like my old self. Although I'd of course strongly prefer if the hair was actually growing from my head, and not attached to a net.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
That's why I enjoy watching good-looking people and women lose their beauty and suffer, and go through the same sh*t unlucky bastards like myself went through. Schadenfreude is the way!

They felt so superior only because of their appearance, and enjoyed to treat me like I was not even human. When they lose that, everything falls apart in their little, perfect world. They deserve every bit of their suffering.

I suppose you are thinking of people like me when you write this. But as I've always said; my life wasn't perfect even before hair loss, and I have lots of other issues in addition to my hair loss. Just because I was "good looking" before my hair loss, doesn't mean that I deserve to suffer? You need to pull your head out of your *** and stop putting yourself on a pedestal where you have monopoly on suffering.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
What "you" suppose is not my concern. I did not even mention you, and I'm responsible for what i say, not for what you undrstand.

It was obvious (from what you have said earlier to me) that you were thinking of someone like me when you said that. Even though you didn't say it to me specifically. Anyway, my takeaway message was that you need to stop thinking you have monopoly on suffering, just because (you say) you are ugly. Yes, it sucks being less attractive, but that doesn't mean attractive people have perfect lives. In some ways they have it way easier, at least when it comes to dating, but you never really know what people go through just by looking at them. So many people are suffering in this world, and you'd have to know their full story before you judge them. That's why I take great offense when you say that (formerly) attractive people deserve to suffer. So just because they were born good looking, unlike you, they deserve a sh*t life?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I suppose you are thinking of people like me when you write this. But as I've always said; my life wasn't perfect even before hair loss, and I have lots of other issues in addition to my hair loss. Just because I was "good looking" before my hair loss, doesn't mean that I deserve to suffer? You need to pull your head out of your *** and stop putting yourself on a pedestal where you have monopoly on suffering.

Yeah I for one don't enjoy relishing in other people's suffering.
It's bad enough we are thrown in a world of have's and have not's the day we are born.
We have little say over our predetermined genetic profile and home/social/economical environment,
however we do have some say over how we choose to respectfully care for ourselves and others
despite the general fairness/unfairness that nature and/or society disproportionately assigns to each individual.

Lightly scratch through the veneer of any perceived "privileged" individual and there's a great chance you're find some trace of jealousy.

re

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with this, but damn, if you have the chance to be good-looking, you have the basis to experience everything that's great in this life.

I knew some good-looking guys at university who had a lot of psychological problems, some of them even went to the same psychiatric clinic as me.

The problem with being good looking is that you don't realize what you have until it's gone. And when it's gone you find yourself living in a world that you are not used.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
I agree with this, but damn, if you have the chance to be good-looking, you have the basis to experience everything that's great in this life.

I knew some good-looking guys at university who had a lot of psychological problems, some of them even went to the same psychiatric clinic as me.

They usually let themselves go a little, and they didn't even have to try when it came to women. But still, they had their own problems.

Average and ugly people have the same problems, but without all the perks good-looking people have. You get no consolation.

At least these good-looking guys could just let themselves drift in life, and they would get to party, to meet other good-looking people, and to have lots of sex.

But come one now, if you're good-looking, I think it's a waste not to try to achieve your potential, and many of them just don't.

They gain weight, don't get on medication if they lose their hair, don't improve themselves in other areas at all, because why should they? Everything in life is offered to them on a silver platter.

Well, let's say humans are lazy, why make your life more complicated when you have it easy by living it on autopilot?

I agree with everything you just said, but it just irks me so bad when someone says attractive people deserve to suffer. Yes, attractive people have the foundation for a good life, but that doesn't mean ALL attractive people will have everything handed to them on a silver platter. Take myself, I suffer with numerous health issues in addition to hair loss and have been since the age of 17. I have not had an easy youth. I do not want to be judged as someone who had everything handed to them because that is NOT the case. I simply tried to make Dante understand that he can't judge people just because of how they look. All good looking people have not had easy lives, and they do not deserve to suffer just because they were born good looking.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I have a date tomorrow and it's with a super cool woman. I don't know how to show up without topix. I know she's into me, but I just CANNOT reveal this diffused bird's nest to her. I have been living better, and my mood and perception of life has been lifted, to quite an extent. I just DON'T KNOW HOW people function in relationships with this f*cking bullsh*t. I have avoided them for a couple years now. I have fallen into two (through mental submission I might add.) but hair was always a factor and I ended up breaking it off because of my insecurities. God damn I am f*cked.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's reasonable and rational to just say goodbye to relationships. I seriously believe this. I seriously don't think this attitude is unhealthy. I think it's logical and smart. f*ck.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
The problem with being good looking is that you don't realize what you have until it's gone. And when it's gone you find yourself living in a world that you are not used.
I agree Pjhair and I'll rhetorically add to your point that our average HairLossTalk.com poster bio is further evidence that this sentiment is not exclusive to only conventional "good looking" people.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

100% truth. In my twenties, there was not a woman I couldn't date. I could pick anyone I wanted. Since my looks have started to fade, I notice less attention and it really f*cks with my head. I know I sound like a spoiled brat here, but it's simply the truth. This is the problem with anything you possess, it can be lost. It's a hard lesson, but a good one to learn to never be attached to anything.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No man on earth can pick up any woman he wants.

You're getting carried away and idealizing your past here.

And now you went too far. I know I'm "mister doom and gloom" here, but I would never claim that.

Of course you can still have relationships as a balding or even bald guy. That's pretty much all you can aim for.

Saying goodbye to one night stands and flings maybe? Well, I got these even as a bald guy so I don't know.

As always, it depends on your overall looks, how you suit the bald look, and your height.

I can't really argue with this. Thanks man.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

So when questioned over how nuts you are, you remind us that we can ask your friends, colleagues, girlfriends, about it (which we can't) to show how functional you are as a human being.

But guys with a lot of psychological problems went to the same clinic as EVEN you?! Man they must have been nuts, good thing you're special and have come out unscathed.

Always the exception.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, I have a date tomorrow and it's with a super cool woman. I don't know how to show up without topix. I know she's into me, but I just CANNOT reveal this diffused bird's nest to her. I have been living better, and my mood and perception of life has been lifted, to quite an extent. I just DON'T KNOW HOW people function in relationships with this f*cking bullsh*t. I have avoided them for a couple years now. I have fallen into two (through mental submission I might add.) but hair was always a factor and I ended up breaking it off because of my insecurities. God damn I am f*cked.

Last night I went on my first date in over a year...my first one since my hair loss started seriously psychologically and emotionally f*cking with me. It went really well. I want to see her again. This is my first dating experience since I've really started feeling exposed as a balding man, but 99.99% this girl has no idea I have male pattern baldness. I'm sure if things go on long enough it will be difficult to keep things hidden from her (although maybe not, as she may not be a norwood spotter, lol) I have no intention of bringing it up.

Personally, I really want a break from being lonely, so even if she were to realize I'm balding eventually and lose interest in me because of it, I'd rather ride out the illusion for a while and get what enjoyment I can out of it.

So yeah, I'd say wear the toppik or whatever you need to feel comfortable...for me on my date it was a part, combover type thing to conceal my temples and thin front that did the trick. May as well just go for it. What do we have to lose but more hair at this point? lol

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Last night I went on my first date in over a year...my first one since my hair loss started seriously psychologically and emotionally f*cking with me. It went really well. I want to see her again. This is my first dating experience since I've really started feeling exposed as a balding man, but 99.99% this girl has no idea I have male pattern baldness. I'm sure if things go on long enough it will be difficult to keep things hidden from her (although maybe not, as she may not be a norwood spotter, lol) I have no intention of bringing it up.

Personally, I really want a break from being lonely, so even if she were to realize I'm balding eventually and lose interest in me because of it, I'd rather ride out the illusion for a while and get what enjoyment I can out of it.

So yeah, I'd say wear the toppik or whatever you need to feel comfortable...for me on my date it was a part, combover type thing to conceal my temples and thin front that did the trick. May as well just go for it. What do we have to lose but more hair at this point? lol

thanks man, finally someone on this thread that's useful. haha :p

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you also feel that way about good-looking people who treat you nicely or those who don't feel superior over others because of their exceptional looks?

JOOOOOAAAANNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How's life treating you?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

yeah man, I am a little nervous, but it should be fun. I have already gone out with this other girl a couple times, but more on the premise of "being friends first" and getting to know each other. I feel that alleviates some of the stress and is also honest, as I am definitely not looking to jump into a relationship any time soon.

shookwun

Reaction score
Just take what you can get

I am sure most of you realise your time is ticking and your mother's were right about throwing a ring on the that one girl first chance you get. It makes sense the more older you get. The more you bald the more you become a shell of your former self and take on the grandpa role for aesthetics.

Balding men are not pull and slay esque. Most fall in the ltr aka first chance you get category. I am starting to realise this the older I get. Meeting a lot of balding men in advanced stages who at this point the words club and bar become alien and non-existent in there vocabulary.

Clubs and bars are not grounds for bald dudes unless you feel like getting ridiculed and laughed at by young women who's ovaries crave a stud to copulate with.

Bald to any blue pill person is pretty much anything over a NW3.