Peapoddy's Story - (25 : Just Starting Finasteride)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well it was my birthday yesterday:) The party that night a few people commented how good my hair was looking:DIts going really blonde from the sun and i have decided to grow it out more see what styles i can pull off:)

stoneiskland.jpg

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't even see receded temples anymore.

You look like a hulk version of Bradley Cooper.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
sandyc said:
I don't even see receded temples anymore.

You look like a hulk version of Bradley Cooper.

haha, i must on agree on this... btw do you wear make-up peopoddy? hair looks non-balding.

TanbarkBellss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow man! HUGE improvement in hair volume!

Hopefully you feel better inside, cos that's what really counts in the end. :)

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@Shma,

Yeh must be one of finasteride's sides creeping up on me.. i just cant stop applying makeup now!!!!

haha no seriously i dont

terrapin12

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you using the generic minoxidil for liquid? I'm really hoping to give myself just a little extra, added Nizoral recently as well.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
My hairline has mostly stayed in-tact but I haven't managed to regain the density it had pre-hairloss. Maybe I will try 3-4 ml of liquid at night, foam in the morning, and see how it goes. I've been using 1, maybe 2 to 2.5 at the very most of liquid at nights, and then most mornings .8 to 2 ml. I think I remember you saying either in this topic or another one that you used something like 3-4 ml per night?

What's your BB.com username? I'll subscribe to you over there to help you reach that 15,000 subscriber mark.

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@terrapin12,

yeah 5% minoxidil kirkland brand

@TheGrayMan2001,

Yeah i got almost 11,000 subs now:) You can find me on bb.com, username is add46.88

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
lol i know the difference is crazy!!! I still dont have perfect temples and never will unless i go under the knife,but my actual hair quality is a million times better!!!

bakedsalmon

Reaction score
Well, I reckon my hair is similar to yours when you first started. So, I'm going to totally copy your regime and see what happens.

I've taken photos and will upload after a month and so on.

Although before I order, I'm not too sure whether to go with the dutasteride that your friend is doing or go with your regime. 3 factors really:

1. Which works - both seem to?
2. Amount of faffing required
3. Cost

I mean, we're all kind of committing to use these things forever.

What would you do if starting again? Also, where do you get your minoxidil and rogain foam from?

Cheers man. I have gone through all 50 pages of this thread (skimming some) and definitely given me the push to do something about the hair loss.

Reibun

Reaction score
So Peapoddy, I am curious on something.

Does your buddy(s) that started this regiment also work out like you do and maintain a similar diet?

Also, congrats on your awesome results!

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@Reibun,

Yeah my other buddy who takes dutasteride trains with me.He has a half decent frame on him and is looking to pack on some extra mass.

He's never been that ripped, but he tells me since taking dutasteride he actually feels like his workouts have improved(prob just a coincidence i know)

FTWP

Reaction score
hey peopoddy. obviously there is a great improvement in your hair judging from the pics. But when you took the first pic, or the very first few pics you posted before you went on propecia, you were on rogain for a month and a half. rogaine makes you shed like crazy for the first month or so. so im thinking that wasn't how your hair really looked before you started doing anything for your hair. it was just a result of the rogaine making your hair shed so it looked worse than it really was. do you think there any truth to that? did you take any pics before you started rogaine? im just asking because i've never seen results as good as yours. thanks

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@FTWP,

Let me just make crystal clear, the first set of pics i posted on the first page are baseline.I WAS NOT TREATING MY HAIR IN ANY WAY!

I took those BEFORE starting the foam:)I also didnt experience any noticable shed to my eye.

sandyc

Established Member
Reaction score
Peapoddy, just a question about working out if you don't mind. I'm looking to get cut but not big like yourself, I'm looking to get a more lower weight boxer /surfer build. What advice would you give to training to NOT give huge rounded pecs, more square and fairly flat. Problem is, I build muscle fairly quick without protein shakes and eating lots. Would you suggest all body weight exercises?

DIYtony

Reaction score
it doesnt matter, its what you eat

you can't look like arnold schwazzenegger without eating a truck load, having great genetics, and having a 700lb deadlift

you just can't just accidently get massive

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
@sandyc,

I would say more intense light weight lifting.Like a circuit would be good,lot's of body weight exercises and light dumbels...

Once a week i do a 30 minute circuit just to keep myself extra lean so i'm not looking too bulky!

peapoddy

Established Member
Reaction score
I just noticed we need a 'LIKE button or thumbs up for each post like on facebook.Would be easier instead of replying to just say i agree...

@DIYtony,totally agree with you on that

Status
Not open for further replies.