PDRN, an unknown powerhouse for androgenic alopecia

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Neither DMSO nor microneedling will help. This has to be injected. I looked quickly and thought it was 1,500 daltons, it's 1,500 kDa though which is way too large to penetrate the skin. The only way to use this is via injection.
Hmm, so maybe microneedling at a 2mm length once every two weeks to mimic mesotherapy. But I’m not sure if that’s frequent enough to really take advantage of this...

Maybe use the low kDa version everyday with a smaller needle length. I think 0.5 helps with up to 75 kDa

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've switched to once daily applications, and that does make it less of a hassle. It's also easier on the scalp.
Does that mean you use the same mg per day of all your drugs or you double the % and apply only once daily ?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Neither DMSO nor microneedling will help. This has to be injected. I looked quickly and thought it was 1,500 daltons, it's 1,500 kDa though which is way too large to penetrate the skin. The only way to use this is via injection.
Damn.. Can we use something like this? A hydraneedle. It injects it 0.25 mm in the skin.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brutal molecular weight.
For those who want scientific paper concerning this : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/ar...ost represented molecular weight,et al., 2013).

PDRN chemistry​

PDRN is a proprietary and registered DNA derived drug. It is a mixture of deoxyribonucleotides with molecular weights between 50 and 1,500 KDa and it is derived from Oncorhynchus mykiss (Salmon trout) or Oncorhynchus keta (Chum Salmon) sperm DNA. The most represented molecular weight is 80–200 KDa, with a peak of the Gaussian distribution at 132KDa. PDRN has a higher molecular weight compared to defibrotide (16.5 ± 2.5 KDa) (Guglielmelli et al., 2012; Richardson et al., 2013). Furthermore, defibrotide is derived from the porcine intestinal mucosal DNA (Table (Table1).1). PDRN is extracted and purified at high temperature, a procedure that allows to recover a >95% pure active substance with inactivated proteins and peptides. This latter guarantees the safety of the product and the absolute lack of any immunological side effect. Indeed, the source of raw material (cells vs. organs) is of particular importance: spermatozoa are the most appropriate cells to provide highly purified DNA without risk of impurity such as peptides, proteins and lipids which can remain from the somatic cells.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn.. Can we use something like this? A hydraneedle. It injects it 0.25 mm in the skin.

That won't help. You'll need to inject this much deeper
Does that mean you use the same mg per day of all your drugs or you double the % and apply only once daily ?
Depends on the drug.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shouldn't needling still be enough for 200 Kda? Someone have any studies about needling and what molecular penetration it allows?
I don't have the link right now, but there is a study on penetration that puts it around 25 kDa. Maybe if you go ham on your scalp with the Follica protocol you could get some through, but you can't do that every day.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That won't help. You'll need to inject this much deeper

Depends on the drug.
What about John’s suggestion. A jet injector, needle free injection device?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's an option, but it has its drawbacks versus needles.
Yes. I’m thinking syringe injection once a week, then jet injector every day. Maybe microneedle with 0.25 before jet injector? If it doesn’t work i will enhance it with dmso.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** I ordered the cream, and injections is not an option, am I screwed?
Use both if you can. The small molecules will still penetrate with the cream.

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And what about to heat vials content before applying in order to fragmentate DNA strings? It could at least cut hydrogen bonds, so we could have less huge DNA molecules during a moment. I don't think it's viable but we can maybe think about a process to use it topically.

+ I don't think it's cool to put a topical solution at 60°c (if not more) on the skin.

MrOscar

My Regimen
Reaction score
For decreasing the average DNA fragments size, here some options:
-Repeated freeze/thaw cycles
-ultrasonic treatment in a bath

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For decreasing the average DNA fragments size, here some options:
-Repeated freeze/thaw cycles
-ultrasonic treatment in a bath
Won’t this destroy the qualities?

MrOscar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if and how much the average size of the fragment matters, nor if it is really standardised when making the product.

inmyhead

Reaction score
So why are they selling the cream?