Patchy Facial Hair - Scarring Alopecia? What Can I Do?

Paulie777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost 41. For last year or two, I've noticed that my stubble is becoming patchy and uneven. I can still grow a full beard, but it isn't as thick or bushy as it used to be, and my facial hair looks patchy when I've just shaved.

About a year ago, a dermatologist said it isn't alopecia barbae (just by looking). She gave me 1ml injections of triacinolone in two tiny areas. I didn't notice a massive change, but I wanted to go back and do full face with 3ml or 4ml, but the dermatologist declined.

So, does anyone know what this is? What do I do?

Any type of guidance or advice would be appreciated, guys. Please help!

thumbnail_Image3.jpeg
thumbnail_Image.jpeg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Almost 41. For last year or two, I've noticed that my stubble is becoming patchy and uneven. I can still grow a full beard, but it isn't as thick or bushy as it used to be, and my facial hair looks patchy when I've just shaved.

About a year ago, a dermatologist said it isn't alopecia barbae (just by looking). She gave me 1ml injections of triacinolone in two tiny areas. I didn't notice a massive change, but I wanted to go back and do full face with 3ml or 4ml, but the dermatologist declined.

View attachment 174061View attachment 174062
The obvious is minoxidil. Might be some of type of autoimmune problem so that is why they used the steroid. Maybe some copper peptides too.

Foxybolo

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 174061View attachment 174062
Hey hey buddy I'm having some issues too they say take the herb chaga chaga mushroom you can purchase it on Amazon I just did I'm a black lady I've had alopecia since I was age 18 full head hair loss but we're going to see what happens God bless you

Foxybolo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey hey buddy I'm having some issues too they say take the herb chaga chaga mushroom you can purchase it on Amazon I just did I'm a black lady I've had alopecia since I was age 18 full head hair loss but we're going to see what happens God bless you

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_005541.jpg
    IMG_20211205_005541.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 94

jazz1

Reaction score
That is alopecia try derma rolling and adding a cream with hydrocortisone.

Foxybolo

My Regimen
Reaction score
The obvious is minoxidil. Might be some of type of autoimmune problem so that is why they used the steroid. Maybe some copper peptides too.
I heard about copper how do I find the right copper peptides and really what is copper peptides but I know copper is a vitamin or mineral or whatever

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I heard about copper how do I find the right copper peptides and really what is copper peptides but I know copper is a vitamin or mineral or whatever
Prox-N is good. Google it to find out more about it.