Partial Hairpiece - Where to buy?? Does it work?

jackisback

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this? I only want a piece that covers my crown.

2 Reasons:

1) It allows me to focus my next hair transplant only on reinforcing the front without caring about the bald spot. Whenever I do my final hair transplant, it will be a FUE in the crown + scar fill-in. That way I won’t have to cut the hair in the front of my head, and I won’t have to go through the hell of the ugly stage again for that last hair transplant.

2) it gives me an opportunity to walk the walk and live with a hair piece to see how it is in case I might decide it’s a better option than more drugs+surgery

However, I don’t want it glued on. I want to be able to still place topicals on it at night. I don’t need it to be something i can wear in the pool or a roller coaster. Just something for normal day life that wouldn’t be the end of the world if it somehow came off. I thought they made clip-one but I couldn’t find them.

Obviously don’t want to have traction alopecia tho

Noah

Reaction score
Any half-decent seller can sell you one of these, and they will sew the clips on for you. If it was me I would use day-wear low-tac tape rather than clips for the reason you mention - the possibility of traction alopecia.

They work amazingly well. The only thing you have to watch is that you get a good colour match (send a sample of your biohair) and then you keep an eye on it to make sure it stays good. Your piece will be surrounded by biohair, so if it gets noticeably sun-bleached I will stick out like a sore thumb.