Parents won't let me use Minoxidil even though I'm 18.

Nebula74

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an 18 year old guy, with an early receding hairline. I decided to take a proactive approach towards my hair loss, and bought some Minodoxil, with money that I earned from my part time job.

My parents freaked out when finding out I purchased it, and my mum went on a rant about how it kills cats??? (We don't even have a pet cat anyway)And how I'd mess up my hormonal profile (even though it's a vasodilator) and she said I'd literally end up as a woman in two years if I used. She said that hair loss is just a part of nature, (which is BS, because if we let nature have its way, we'd just let all people infected with diseases die without treating it).

To attempt to make me feel better about my imminent baldness, she sent me these texts to try and console me.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling, basically, I think this is the biggest overreaction to mom, and am wondering if there are any other growth stimulants (drugs) out there that can help me keep my hair till I'm 20 and am developed enough to use Finasteride.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-05-01-06-39-82_a63b0f8076346d26cbdc1b971a1da2a7.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-05-01-06-39-82_a63b0f8076346d26cbdc1b971a1da2a7.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_2021-01-04-23-29-13-98.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-01-04-23-29-13-98.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20210105_003218.jpg
    IMG_20210105_003218.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 129

Leauxi

My Regimen
Reaction score
To that I would say that you're 18, legally an adult, and your 'mistakes' are your own to make.
However Minoxidil isn't going to do anything negative, realistically.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to have an earnest talk with them. Tell them you don’t personally have a problem with bald people but you enjoy your hair too much and would like to take measures against hair loss. Find a few studies showing how many people use rogaine and how safe it is. And also mention that if anything goes wrong you’ll stop immediately. You honestly can just do it regardless of what they say but you might as well bring them on board

iCloud

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They cannot stop you from using it though? You are not underage.
LOL @ the texts she sent you :)

Personally I don’t care that my minoxidil usage is killing hundreds of cats. When it comes to hair I’m pretty selfish.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the kind of parents you are dealing with, my mom is just like that too. You cannot reason or communicate with people like that. The best approach is to make sure you hide your stuff well. I'd order some oral minoxidil and have it sent to a friend's house.

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
How about killing your parents, better now than in 10 years when you've gone bald and wasn't even allowed to fight it.
But on a serious note just tell them you're taking minoxidil and they can go f*** themselves if they don't like it and also tell them that you've got this sh*t from 1 or both of them and you wouldn't need to take it if they weren't bald enablers