Oral Steroid Made My Hair Grow Back Thicker!

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very much the opposite of pointless this is my before & after of a 8 week course of just anavar. People really don’t know what they are on about. Tbf though my hair has got worse since I took it.
What's your dosage? Did you take test with it?

JonnyPickering

My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your dosage? Did you take test with it?
Just 50mg a day and no I didn’t take test as I didn’t want to risk it with my hair. I did train like mad having probably only like 3 days off in that 8 weeks . My recovery was unbelievable but it is good anyway without it.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just 50mg a day and no I didn’t take test as I didn’t want to risk it with my hair. I did train like mad having probably only like 3 days off in that 8 weeks . My recovery was unbelievable but it is good anyway without it.
That's way too much to get the anti-androgenic effect from it, and 8 weeks straight is probably too long too. I suspect that very low dosages (5-20mg as has been used medicinally) with short cycles is the way to gain hair benefits.

JonnyPickering

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's way too much to get the anti-androgenic effect from it, and 8 weeks straight is probably too long too. I suspect that very low dosages (5-20mg as has been used medicinally) with short cycles is the way to gain hair benefits.
Ohhh no sorry I wasn’t doing it for hair benefit I was just saying that’s my anavar experience. I was doing it to get my strength back with a little bit of size after the first lockdown.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ohhh no sorry I wasn’t doing it for hair benefit I was just saying that’s my anavar experience. I was doing it to get my strength back with a little bit of size after the first lockdown.
Gotcha. It's still probably the safest one out there for hair compared to anything else.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m getting emails from this thread so to be clear you’re saying your hair grew thicker with more density after or while using anavar. Did I also read these gains didn’t last. Or have they lasted? Do you plan another cycle after a rest period?

JonnyPickering

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m getting emails from this thread so to be clear you’re saying your hair grew thicker with more density after or while using anavar. Did I also read these gains didn’t last. Or have they lasted? Do you plan another cycle after a rest period?
I don’t know if you’re speaking to me or not?

JonnyPickering

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you’re the one..
Ok so. My hair turned worse extra bit of shedding but I shed hardly at all If I play with my hair I maybe see 1 hair come out. When I was on after about 4 weeks 2 or 3 hairs were coming out (which is nothing), but I was extremely paranoid about losing my hair. I did an 8 week cycle and you can see my results above. That was straight out of the first lockdown so I had lost so much size not being in the gym. I dropped to around 85kg & after the cycle was around 94kg. When the cycle finished I continued training 6-7 days just because I could. I kept pretty much all the size as it only builds lean muscle the only thing I lost was the mad pumps when you wake up ect. My strength on was unbelievable I hit maxes on most my lifts.

Before is when I first got back into the gym no anavar. I was hitting close to these with no gear before lockdown started but the anavar definitely made me stronger than I have been.

Squat:
B - 160kg
A - 187.5kg (max)

Deadlift:
B - 170kg
A - 200kg

Incline Bench:
B - 110kg
A - 130kg (max)

Shoulder Press (dumbells)
B - 36kg’s
A - 46kg’s (max)

As I said before when I came off I kept pretty much everything and this includes my strength I maybe lost 5% or on some lifts I actually got stronger coming off. I without a doubt am going to do it again after this lockdown maybe run it with a bit of finasteride (I know people say it’s pointless) but I like to try things out.

Hope this helps mate message on insta(Jonny.Pickering) or this if you have anymore questions

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stopped reading when diet was discussed.
That's a shame. Out of all the environmental conditions our bodes are subjected to, food has the most profound effect. You change your epigenome by what you eat, drink, and breathe.

Everyone thinks they can just shovel whatever sht they want in their mouths and it doesn't mean anything because they don't drop dead 5 minutes after they eat it. There's a reason why a woman that smokes 2 packs of cigs a day for 20 years looks like a nasty haggard 60 year old in her late 30s. It's no different with food. Food can be used to alter the epigenome in negative ways or positive ways, depending on what you're eating.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a shame. Out of all the environmental conditions our bodes are subjected to, food has the most profound effect. You change your epigenome by what you eat, drink, and breathe.

Everyone thinks they can just shovel whatever sht they want in their mouths and it doesn't mean anything because they don't drop dead 5 minutes after they eat it. There's a reason why a woman that smokes 2 packs of cigs a day for 20 years looks like a nasty haggard 60 year old in her late 30s. It's no different with food. Food can be used to alter the epigenome in negative ways or positive ways, depending on what you're eating.
What's your diet?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

There are boys from 13 to 18 with massive hair loss and no, they don't smoke or drink seemingly, at least very few and virtually all of them maintain diets which do not lead to any sort of lack of vitamins or nutrition. So regardless, there's no way of guilting these people into believing that they are responsible somehow for their own hair loss. Many of them believe that masturbation causes hair loss. Food is simply not part of any standard treatment for hair loss that I know of except perhaps for people slamming zinc or other vitamins or nutrients which is largely untested and unproven.

Is a high fat diet good for baldness? Or is it a high-protein diet or is it an all vegan diet? It seems as though the meat-eaters in the Amazon and Bolivia and the Artic have amazing hair both males and females. Baldness has been around throughout history, always. Several emperors suffered from baldness and I have posted their pics. St. Paul and Elisha the prophet both deal with baldness in their own unique ways but neither touts a cure. Baldness has always been seen as a negative pretty much everywhere and at every time. It's not a disease; soldiers who are bald perform just as well as their hairy comrades.

There's only one thing proven to cure hair loss in most situations and it involves being female or chemically female not improving one's diet and stopping smoking. We have all been there and done that; it's the first thing that most of us try, exercise and vitamins and improved diet and it doesn't do squat for our epigenes....

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your diet?

It's boring. There are a few high points, but I've mostly become accustomed to eating things people's generally hate. I'll take you through what a day generally looks like.

The first thing I do after I get up is drink a glass of water with around 3/4 tsp of salt. For the next 3-6 hours, I'll just drink water and probably have a cup of black tea or green tea. I'll usually start eating with a fruit like a banana or 1/4-1/2 a melon. After this I'll eat a couple large carrots and a few sliced bell peppers. I'll then eat a large head of romaine lettuce. Then I'll eat maybe 3/4 lb. of broccoli. Then I blend 500g of ginger with lemon juice and water, filter the juice through a fine mesh, then drink the juice and usually eat the pulp as well.

After this I blend up the following: 1 cucumber, 1 tomato, 5-6 stalks of celery, 1/4 head of dense cabbage, 1 large onion, ~10 grams of vitamin C. After this is blended down, I add a full bunch of kale (about 5-6 full leaves including the stem/stalk), 3 tbsp of chia or flax seed, 1 tbsp of maca root powder, then a few large handfuls of spinach.

Could I eat all of this separately? Sure, but I do it like this because it's easy to include a full onion and it's also easy to eat. I consume quite a lot of leafy greens. I also eat a lot of microgreens like lentil and broccoli microgreens.

For the most part, my diet consistently has these exact foods. Sometimes I'll have a different variety of fruit or leafy greens or vegetables, but it's pretty uniform. Very occasionally, I'll eat something cooked. I like to have a lentil soup with pita once every few months or so. I'll also eat meat once a year, maybe twice. Usually not more than once, though. That's pretty much it. I take some supplements. I take iodine, selenium, B12, D3, biotin and that's pretty much it.

Edit: forgot to mention that I eat 1 whole beet per day.. raw, not cooked.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's boring. There are a few high points, but I've mostly become accustomed to eating things people's generally hate. I'll take you through what a day generally looks like.

The first thing I do after I get up is drink a glass of water with around 3/4 tsp of salt. For the next 3-6 hours, I'll just drink water and probably have a cup of black tea or green tea. I'll usually start eating with a fruit like a banana or 1/4-1/2 a melon. After this I'll eat a couple large carrots and a few sliced bell peppers. I'll then eat a large head of romaine lettuce. Then I'll eat maybe 3/4 lb. of broccoli. Then I blend 500g of ginger with lemon juice and water, filter the juice through a fine mesh, then drink the juice and usually eat the pulp as well.

After this I blend up the following: 1 cucumber, 1 tomato, 5-6 stalks of celery, 1/4 head of dense cabbage, 1 large onion, ~10 grams of vitamin C. After this is blended down, I add a full bunch of kale (about 5-6 full leaves including the stem/stalk), 3 tbsp of chia or flax seed, 1 tbsp of maca root powder, then a few large handfuls of spinach.

Could I eat all of this separately? Sure, but I do it like this because it's easy to include a full onion and it's also easy to eat. I consume quite a lot of leafy greens. I also eat a lot of microgreens like lentil and broccoli microgreens.

For the most part, my diet consistently has these exact foods. Sometimes I'll have a different variety of fruit or leafy greens or vegetables, but it's pretty uniform. Very occasionally, I'll eat something cooked. I like to have a lentil soup with pita once every few months or so. I'll also eat meat once a year, maybe twice. Usually not more than once, though. That's pretty much it. I take some supplements. I take iodine, selenium, B12, D3, biotin and that's pretty much it.
And you are claiming hair regrowth from this? It certainly sounds healthy, no doubt, but the genes involved in baldness are manifold and turning any one of them "on or off" is probably not going to do anything for hair because hair loss is not reversible except for people using extremely large amounts of anti-androgens and female hormones. Neither food nor masturbation are likely causes for male pattern baldness and I recommend both of them as well as lots of alcohol and weed based upon most of the winos that I see in the gutter with full heads of hair....

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score

I think green and black tea are supposed to have mild 5ar inhibiting properties. Since you want to recover from pfs I think coffee would be better for you, or ofc other teas

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score

Btw, you might enjoy reading through user travis posts on rpf. His diet was similar to yours. He is seen as the forum goat by many and had a couple posts on hair loss as well

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think green and black tea are supposed to have mild 5ar inhibiting properties. Since you want to recover from pfs I think coffee would be better for you, or ofc other teas
How many of us went through our low-fat and tofu-only for meals phase since there is so much less baldness in country X? <raises hand> We could try whale blubber like the Inuit and Eskimos (and yes, certain Arctic people prefer that term). Worth a shot. Anyone know where I can order blubber?

ChemHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are boys from 13 to 18 with massive hair loss and no, they don't smoke or drink seemingly, at least very few and virtually all of them maintain diets which do not lead to any sort of lack of vitamins or nutrition. So regardless, there's no way of guilting these people into believing that they are responsible somehow for their own hair loss. Many of them believe that masturbation causes hair loss. Food is simply not part of any standard treatment for hair loss that I know of except perhaps for people slamming zinc or other vitamins or nutrients which is largely untested and unproven.

Is a high fat diet good for baldness? Or is it a high-protein diet or is it an all vegan diet? It seems as though the meat-eaters in the Amazon and Bolivia and the Artic have amazing hair both males and females. Baldness has been around throughout history, always. Several emperors suffered from baldness and I have posted their pics. St. Paul and Elisha the prophet both deal with baldness in their own unique ways but neither touts a cure. Baldness has always been seen as a negative pretty much everywhere and at every time. It's not a disease; soldiers who are bald perform just as well as their hairy comrades.

There's only one thing proven to cure hair loss in most situations and it involves being female or chemically female not improving one's diet and stopping smoking. We have all been there and done that; it's the first thing that most of us try, exercise and vitamins and improved diet and it doesn't do squat for our epigenes....

It's not my intention to guilt anyone into any type of diet. Anyone that has hair loss has been dealt a sht hand and that's just the way it is. It's not their fault, nor am I claiming it is. It's clear that there are people out there that can eat whatever they want and they have perfect hair. BUT... we're not them. People that suffer from hair loss have to go out of their way to somewhat attenuate their genetic shortcomings and radically altering your diet can help with this.

My opinion is that hair loss has come from generation upon generation of poor diet and environmental conditions. There's a reason wealthy nations of history have generally had problems with hair loss and those generations of poor dietary habits and dietary excess are compounded with each generation that continues the trend. So, am I saying that my hair loss is my own fault? No. Am I saying that it's my ancestors' fault. Yes. I've inherited the product of their lifestyles for many generations. It's not my fault, but if I choose to eat and live in a way which alters my epigenome in ways that positively affect hair growth, then I may be able to get away with keeping and maintaining a full head of hair and my progeny will have a much better chance of not having to deal with hair loss if I give them a head start by having them when all the sht genes that contribute to hair loss have been epigenetically silenced.