ORAL spironolactone????

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
Been taking finasteride and now considering to take ORAL spironolactone 100mg x2 with EOD finasteride......If not then can you guys pls help to MAKE some TOPICAL spironolactone...No topical spironolactone and can't afford to buy it online

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
it could literally kill you or damage your internal organs without supervision by a doctor (an endochrinologist?)

it will basically simulate castration, that is not an exaggeration and totally accurate statement

there is a reason where guys seeking a sex change to become a woman take it

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whatever zzzzz said :) Don't find anything good in that. Take finasteride ED. Its anyday stronger than spironolactone n topical spironolactone is just another hype which may have worked for some ppl but thats not required at all. If you do need a topical DHT blocker then you may consider aziderm(azelaic acid cream) Its easily available. Hope it helps.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or take dutasteride if you want something stronger. Do not touch oral spironolactone unless you want to become a tranny or have a heart attack. It does worry me at times how you can get all these meds without a prescription. It's ok if you know what you're doing but otherwise it could be fatal.

zork48

Reaction score
Been taking finasteride and now considering to take ORAL spironolactone 100mg x2 with EOD finasteride......If not then can you guys pls help to MAKE some TOPICAL spironolactone...No topical spironolactone and can't afford to buy it online

I don't think it's a good idea, this will low down your blood pressure, raise your potassium, and it's a diuretic.. Besides you have 30 percent chances to grow breast.. Unless you are willing to feminize yourself, I'd rather go on spironolactone topical..

paulie72785

Established Member
Reaction score
So i just crush 10 100mg tablets in 100ml distilled water and apply it on affected hair???Any way to apply it using any oil or gel that does not scream out HII I HAVE WEIRD HAIR

pablo

Reaction score
no use

So i just crush 10 100mg tablets in 100ml distilled water and apply it on affected hair???Any way to apply it using any oil or gel that does not scream out HII I HAVE WEIRD HAIR
I see pleople quite often that are taking oral spironolactone at diferent doses and for diferent medical conditions and i have to say that most of them do not have hair on their heads but what most of then have is gynecomastia.

freeflow

Reaction score
Okay and anybody knows why it doesnt go systematic when used as a topical? cause topical finasteride goes systematic they claim

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
So i just crush 10 100mg tablets in 100ml distilled water and apply it on affected hair???
I would not do that, for stability reasons. Make a small batch instead. Normally one would use alcohol to extract the spironolactone; for water will not penetrate. And to make it a gel you can add transparent xanthan gum. Want to try evernyl?

massa

Banned
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting some spironolactone pills, crushing it up and putting in minoxidil . Does anyone know if this will be effective? I can't be bothered to make my own cream and don't think the s5 cream you buy is worth it .

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
200mg spironolactone is ridiculous if you're not planning on transitioning to female. I am on spironolactone for that exact reason and I take 200mg ED (100mg twice daily) but the thing with spironolactone is it will reduce the amount of testosterone in your body (hence why people like me take it). This leaves you with no sex hormone, which essentially will make you a menopausal female. You'll grow tits, develop osteoporosis, infertility, erectile dysfunction, etc.

Your body needs a sex hormone, and taking T while lowering T seems sort of counter productive. This leaves you with taking estrogen, which will just further feminize you.

Don't take oral spironolactone unless you're trans. You may be able to get away with it if you have unusually high levels of T and take a small dose, but you should get your levels checked before just blindly experimenting with it like that.

From what I hear topical spironolactone is useless if you're already on minoxidil/dutasteride anyway. It wont stimulate new hair growth by itself, so if you're already actively reducing your DHT levels with dutasteride/finasteride then it's job is already being done mostly.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical spironolactone is pretty weak IMO. I mean it couldn't hurt I guess but if you are reducing your DHT through finasteride/dutasteride then a topical anti-androgen isn't going to do much for you unless your DHT levels are incredibly high.