Oral Spironolactone Every Other Day

French Touch

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have been using finasteride and minoxidil for over 10 years and i have already got the maximum from them. But i want more regrowth, so i consider taking spironolactone. Of course i don’t wanna have any sides. That’s why i am planning to increase my dosage very very slowly and use it every other day. I will start with 50mg and raise it to 150-200 mg for several month. Beginning with 100mg i want to add 10mg of tamoxifen to prevent gyno.

My regime can be like this:
first two weeks - 25mg every other day
next two weeks - 50mg every other day
2-5th month - 100mg with 10mg of tamoxifen eod
6th month and more - 150-200mg with 10mg of tamoxifen eod
Based on the results I can change the regime in the process.

What do you think? Can this regime be effective?
You can see my current state in the pictures.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,591
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,310
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,323

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn, dude, you hair looks slick as hell
miring hard
how old r u?
during these 10 years what sides u had on minoxidil/finasteride?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your not currently losing hair why not just stay with what you doing minoxidil and finasteride. Is dutasteride out of the question? At least if you increase your dose slowly with spironolactone you will have an easier time turning around if sides do appear.

French Touch

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn, dude, you hair looks slick as hell
miring hard
how old r u?
during these 10 years what sides u had on minoxidil/finasteride?
I'm 31. I've got little thin black hair under my eyes from minoxidil but it's undetectable. And that's pretty much it. Nothing from finasteride.

French Touch

My Regimen
Reaction score
If your not currently losing hair why not just stay with what you doing minoxidil and finasteride. Is dutasteride out of the question? At least if you increase your dose slowly with spironolactone you will have an easier time turning around if sides do appear.
I'm not balding but my hair falls all the time. And my hairline is pretty bad actually. So i want to improve it. I had been trying dutasteride for a year. Did nothing for me. I think 5-alpha reductase inhibitors have already shown the maximum that they can do for me. Now for more regrowth i need to block receptors.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tamoxifen is NOT SAFE for hair. Hair loss is a known side effect of tamoxifen and people here have lost hair from it. Small amounts may work but it's not worth the risk. Raloxifene is safer and more effective.

Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15238910/
a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%)

JPLC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I think it's a good option to include some doses of spirolactone a week (in my opinion no more than 50 mg daily),
They will reduce their testosterone, but must take into account the danger of hyperkalemia, which in severe cases can lead to death. On the other hand, impotence is guaranteed to a greater or lesser degree
I also advise you to take some weekly doses of oral minoxidil. Minimum 5 mg per week, depending on the side effects you notice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29231239

Last edited:

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get on spironolactone get gains and then maintain the gains with finasteride or duta and quit spironolactone ?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get on spironolactone get gains and then maintain the gains with finasteride or duta and quit spironolactone ?

Good question and would a low dose of 20-50mg make a difference if you want to avoid sides and get gains at the same time?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder this too.
Bump.
I’ve searched and I can’t find a definite answer.

I mean people assume that Spirolactone works because it’s an antiandrogen. But I have suspicions that due to its potassium sparing/ mineralcorticoid affect we see hair growth based on two possible functions

Some modulation relates to cortisol or similar to minoxidil it increase the potassium channel function. Then it would mean the results aren’t maintnable on other treatments.

I mean if it was entirely the anti androgen affect I believe we should be able to at least semi maintain the gains as they slowly go away

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just so you know Spironolactone has a very short half life of a few hours. The most effective way of taking it to reduce Testosterone is twice a day approximately 12 hours apart. Your method would most likely not even put a dent in your Testosterone levels at those doses. They work for transgender woman who are also using Estradiol, but for a man you'll probably need 400mg to make an impact.

French Touch

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just so you know Spironolactone has a very short half life of a few hours. The most effective way of taking it to reduce Testosterone is twice a day approximately 12 hours apart. Your method would most likely not even put a dent in your Testosterone levels at those doses. They work for transgender woman who are also using Estradiol, but for a man you'll probably need 400mg to make an impact.

Thanks for you answer. It's ok, I don't really need to reduce my testosterone level. It's all about androgen receptor.

ForeverLacey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for you answer. It's ok, I don't really need to reduce my testosterone level. It's all about androgen receptor.

I don't think you quite understand but it's your body. Spironolactone does not target specific Androgen Receptors. What small amount you take could go to AR receptors at the bone, muscle, prostate, adipose tissue, cardiovascular, immune, neural and haemopoietic systems etc... Regardless of where it ends up in your body, it may only be enough to block one little receptor on the scalp for the day.

Last edited:

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I think it's a good option to include some doses of spirolactone a week (in my opinion no more than 50 mg daily),
They will reduce their testosterone, but must take into account the danger of hyperkalemia, which in severe cases can lead to death. On the other hand, impotence is guaranteed to a greater or lesser degree
I also advise you to take some weekly doses of oral minoxidil. Minimum 5 mg per week, depending on the side effects you notice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29231239
Where are you getting the minimum of 5 mg per week? The study used 0.25 mg daily which is way below 5 mg / week. I'm interested because 5 mg / day oral min has worked wonders for me but side effects are too much.

JPLC

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, indeed, the study applies 0.25 mg of oral minoxidil per day, along with 50 mg of spironolactone. In my case, both produce side effects, so I am trying a single weekly dose of 10 mg of oral minoxidil together with 100 mg oral spironolactone and topically 10 mg of way316606 dissolved in 5 ml finastopic.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope that works for you. Do you think it might be more effective to space out 10 mg minoxidil over a few days rather than all at once? I like the saying that the poison is in the dose. How do you get such small doses of minoxidil?

JPLC

My Regimen
Reaction score
sure that every day a microdose of oral minoxidil 0,25mg to 5 mg is more effective, but I am not willing to take it every day

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on 400 mg spironolactone per day. So far no results.