Oral Minoxidil Twice A Day Instead Of Once

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the half life of oral minxoidil is 4 hours compared to 22 hours for topical. If taking twice a day would that not boost hair regrowth? that means it has 16 hours to reach the follicle instead of 8 if only taken once a day.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil plasma concentrations decrease with an average half-life of approximately 4 hours. However, the duration of action is over several days.

Doesn't finasteride have a half life of 4-7 hours?
But DHT takes a long time to recover

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If i was on 2.5mg i would split 1.25mg day and night, but being on 1.25mg its too hard to break that in half

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to update i started taking 10mg in morning and 10mg at night, no worrying side effects. Im going to drop the topical, only been on it just over a month but if i can get some results on my crown with just the oral minoxidil i will be happy.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You sure they are legit? I remember someone saying on here that they changed brand and they started losing hair weeks into taking them.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You sure they are legit? I remember someone saying on here that they changed brand and they started losing hair weeks into taking them.

That was anxiousandy, they are definitely legit, i could always drink the kirkland liquid like he and some other members do but im not worried about the legitimacy of the pills.

Warmer82

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with it. Be good to know if 2 doses are more efficient than 1 dose daily. We know the half life is 4hrs but no one knows how long a dose effects our cells or proteins.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just to update i started taking 10mg in morning and 10mg at night, no worrying side effects. Im going to drop the topical, only been on it just over a month but if i can get some results on my crown with just the oral minoxidil i will be happy.

So you are taking 20mg oral minoxidil + topical ? If you dont notice some water retention your pills are fakes.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you are taking 20mg oral minoxidil + topical ? If you dont notice some water retention your pills are fakes.

By worrying side effects i meant BP problems, heart problems, palpitations etc my face is a bit puffy. Im considering dropping down to 5mg morning and night. 20mg may be too much, and im sticking to the topical so again might be too much.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By worrying side effects i meant BP problems, heart problems, palpitations etc my face is a bit puffy. Im considering dropping down to 5mg morning and night. 20mg may be too much, and im sticking to the topical so again might be too much.
I would personally test the authenticity of your pills by using 20 mg liquid orally for a few days and see if side effects are not suddenly extreme. Everyone has a different tolerance, but 20 mg is a hero's dose. In fact, I'm jealous as 20 mg oral min would solve all my hair loss issues if only I could tolerate it.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would personally test the authenticity of your pills by using 20 mg liquid orally for a few days and see if side effects are not suddenly extreme. Everyone has a different tolerance, but 20 mg is a hero's dose. In fact, I'm jealous as 20 mg oral min would solve all my hair loss issues if only I could tolerate it.

Are you staying on the topical for the time being then?

Saw your hair before and after; that oral minoxidil looks like impressive stuff, shame about the possible side effects. Typical.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you staying on the topical for the time being then?

Saw your hair before and after; that oral minoxidil looks like impressive stuff, shame about the possible side effects. Typical.
I'm using liquid min right now. I couldn't help myself, took another 5 mg oral min today after ~10 days off. I'm a hair addict I guess :(
I'm thinking I might alternate days: 1 day topical, one day oral and see what happens.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm using liquid min right now. I couldn't help myself, took another 5 mg oral min today after ~10 days off. I'm a hair addict I guess :(
I'm thinking I might alternate days: 1 day topical, one day oral and see what happens.
Do you have any pics of your hair? Idk if you have a thread about it or not. I'm very curious.

Anyway, I REALLY want to pull the trigger on Oral minoxidil.
I'm using 5% topical right now, but I feel like if I can add oral on top of it, it would be really awesome.
But Im terrified.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Your hair looked good before but after the oral it looked very good. Weren’t you going to try a lower dosage first?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any pics of your hair? Idk if you have a thread about it or not. I'm very curious.

Anyway, I REALLY want to pull the trigger on Oral minoxidil.
I'm using 5% topical right now, but I feel like if I can add oral on top of it, it would be really awesome.
But Im terrified.
Yea man, there is a thread out there. Search "comprehensive approach"

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looked good before but after the oral it looked very good. Weren’t you going to try a lower dosage first?
I tried a lower dose for a few days and am back up to 5 mg daily and using topical at night. The problem is i'm getting insane vascularity in my arms and legs. I lift weights which probably makes it even more intense. I'm going to have to quit oral and just try to live with topical. It's really unfortunate because oral minoxidil really is working well.

resu

Reaction score
After two years I don't even use it everyday and still is improving, sides were extra body hair, it's really annoying to have hair on the hands. Only use 1ml a day, the 2x times a day to me it seems like a ploy to make people use more so they buy more. Oral minoxidil seems like a bad idea.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried a lower dose for a few days and am back up to 5 mg daily and using topical at night. The problem is i'm getting insane vascularity in my arms and legs. I lift weights which probably makes it even more intense. I'm going to have to quit oral and just try to live with topical. It's really unfortunate because oral minoxidil really is working well.

Would you not try 1.25mg per day?